Windsor Spitfires 2018-19 Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Larionov couldn't stay healthy and didn't produce much on the ice. His time here u could see was near the end. Best that he left to get a fresh start somewhere else.
Windsor has to start making decisions on where this team is heading towards. Still other players on this team that have not preformed well. Need to start cleaning up the roster.
Any suggestions on who we trade? Who do we trade for and what would other teams trade that would upgrade on who we have now? Remembering that we can only trade players for other players as we have no spare picks. Remember as well no other team is giving you an A player for a B or C player.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Spits ROSTER NEWS: Igor Larionov Jr has opted to leave the club to finish his junior hockey career in the U.S. We wish Igor all the best.
Wonder if he heads to Muskegon to play with hid buddy Lynch?
The immediate fallout from this is 1 more roster opening allows MacDonald and Morgan to play more.

tomschman

Oct 29, 2015
The immediate fallout from this is 1 more roster opening allows MacDonald and Morgan to play more.
Having MacDonald, Morgan and I will add Frasca getting more ice time is what is needed at this point. If we can bring in a productive OA, bring him in. If it is just someone to fill a sweater, lets stick with the kids. I realize the season is young, but it would appear to date that Erie and Flint are extremely weak. We go with a young talented, inexperienced team, we still should make the playoffs by finishing 7th or 8th. Hopefully win a game in the playoffs and go out in the 1st round (as usual). We would draft somewhere between 4 and 8 in next years draft. We also would have a pick between 10 and 24 in the import draft. We then decide if Starikov should be moved or kept. We also trade DiPietro for a haul, between now January 10th and possibly move another veteran or two.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Let the kids learn by playing.
Not many Vets have actually done anything.
Give more time to the young kids.

Agreed all the OA would do is take ice time away from a young kid. They are a couple years away from contending, let the kids play. Weeding out guys like Sirman and Larionov is a good thing, unfortunately we had to see them play a whole year (half a year in the case of Larionov) and they didn't have a future with the organization. This stuff overall has to stop, need a large injection of talent to stop this from happening. You can make a case there are still another couple veterans that are just biding time until their time is up.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Agreed all the OA would do is take ice time away from a young kid. They are a couple years away from contending, let the kids play. Weeding out guys like Sirman and Larionov is a good thing, unfortunately we had to see them play a whole year (half a year in the case of Larionov) and they didn't have a future with the organization. This stuff overall has to stop, need a large injection of talent to stop this from happening. You can make a case there are still another couple veterans that are just biding time until their time is up.

Agreed.
Hopefully times up very soon.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
I think if Larionov played like he did the last quarter of last season and averaging a point a game thru playoffs till he got hurt again,he would still be here.Not meant to be.
Classy kid and family I will miss them.
Moving on,the forward from Owen Sound,not Hancock,overage guy does interest me,Alan L,forgot his last name,scored 21 goals last year,and has 3 goals in 6 games this season.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
I think if Larionov played like he did the last quarter of last season and averaging a point a game thru playoffs till he got hurt again,he would still be here.Not meant to be.
Classy kid and family I will miss them.
Moving on,the forward from Owen Sound,not Hancock,overage guy does interest me,Alan L,forgot his last name,scored 21 goals last year,and has 3 goals in 6 games this season.
They will want too much for Lyszczarczyk, more than the Spits pick bank can handle - if we can't get an OA for a 10th or less why bother.

Reactions: KyGuy9

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Looks like the Larionov hug is over. Jr is likely gone to play with Lynch This May throw a wrench into the “realationship”. We’ll see.

Yes according to Jim Parker's column Larionov is heading to the USHL,
pretty sure its Muskegon as he is friends with Lynch and knows the Head coach.

member 71782

I agree with those who would rather see the kids getting the ice time but with this team sitting with a 4-5-0-0 record and Rychel looking for a top 4 spot in the conference I doubt he leaves that spot open.

Rychel is going to want to find some way to "add more veteran leadership" and consistent offensive production. The problem is one OA isn't going to change the fortunes of the team if the others who have not been contributing remain in place. This team is not one move away from getting things on track, they are four or five moves, both additions and subtractions.

Unless Boka, Purboo, and Kutkevicius among others can start contributing more it should be time to add some more youth to the roster whether it be from internally or externally.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Cfaub

With the exception of Purboo,who has started contributing, 6 points last 4 games,4 points 2G,2A last 2 games I agree the vets upfront and on the
D,Starikov need to pick things u
moving forward.

member 71782

Cfaub

With the exception of Purboo,who has started contributing, 6 points last 4 games,4 points 2G,2A last 2 games I agree the vets upfront and on the
moving forward.

While Purboo has started to contribute he continues to be a very streaky player. He needs to be more consistent. It's nice to see multi point games from him but when he is quiet most other games it doesn't help much. He has been the best of the older players but still, Spits need more from him.

Reactions: aresknights

TheGremlin

May 23, 2018
Somewhere
Cfaub

moving forward.
Now if Purboo can stop being on the ice when the other team is scoring that would be a big help too. Might have 6 points but still -3 over those 4 games. And -8 on season. But at least he putting up some points. Is there any news on why Igor left?

Reactions: aresknights

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Is there any news on why Igor left?

That is an interseting ?
Esp in light of those rumors that his buddy would sign in Windsor. But it didn't happen in spite of assurances from some his Q team couldn't block the move. ( Im not sure of the rule quoted at the time) Change of mind on signing in Windsor perhaps? Someone misinterpreted the rule and he couldn't sign? Player felt state side was a better option? Who knows.
For Larionov to also up and leave is cause to wonder why neither happened at the very least.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheGremlin

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Now if Purboo can stop being on the ice when the other team is scoring that would be a big help too. Might have 6 points but still -3 over those 4 games. And -8 on season. But at least he putting up some points. Is there any news on why Igor left?

Yes Purboo was -3 and all 3 times it occurred when the other team scored an empty netter,bet you didn't know that did ya,which is why I didn't mention it.

Reactions: randomhero4life

randomhero4life

Jan 4, 2017
South Detroit
That is an interseting ?
Esp in light of those rumors some were confident of, that his buddy would sign in Windsor but it didn't happen.
For him to up and leave is cause to wonder why.

There is no "unknown" reason as to why he left, He simply wanted to finish his Junior career in his home state of Michigan, just wanted to play closer to home.

TheGremlin

May 23, 2018
Somewhere
Yes Purboo was -3 and all 3 times it occurred when the other team scored an empty netter,bet you didn't know that did ya,which is why I didn't mention it.
In Ottawa game he was on the ice for all 4 goals and hamilton on the ice for 3 out of 5. Against petes 2 out 4. He was -3 against ottawa and -2 against hamilton. So unless those teams scored 5 empty net goals you point is invalid. I love how you think you know everything. Check your facts before coming at me. Good thing he got some points or his minus be worse on the team.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london

So he is a net 0 when ya put the slant on it?

I dont put as much value in +/- as some do. The stat has become outdated and passed by. Many other more accurate metrics to evaluate a players effectiveness on ice.

Last edited:

randomhero4life

Jan 4, 2017
South Detroit
In Ottawa game he was on the ice for all 4 goals and hamilton on the ice for 3 out of 5. Against petes 2 out 4. He was -3 against ottawa and -2 against hamilton. So unless those teams scored 5 empty net goals you point is invalid. I love how you think you know everything. Check your facts before coming at me. Good thing he got some points or his minus be worse on the team.

It's the nature of the beast when a player logs a lot of minutes, it happens. Purboo has been pretty solid as of late, hope he keeps it up.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
There is no "unknown" reason as to why he left, He simply wanted to finish his Junior career in his home state of Michigan, just wanted to play closer to home.
Then why did he spend 2 months in Windsor? Why the long standing rumors from "insiders" his buddy from the Q was joining him in Windsor? Why, when this didn't happen did he all of a sudden say hey its my last year Im heading back to Michigan instead of figuring that out in the spring or summer.

Maybe there is nothing to it all. But it is interesting considering all the factors. Could have been any # of reasons he choose to bail after 2 months and Id support alot of them. Just curious considering....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad