Will you still be here after potential Karlsson trade

If Ek leaves this offseason will you still be here?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Good job everyone..
Lets all not show up to the arena and not only get the owner to move out of town.. but the team!!

I know everyone is mad and upset over Melnyk and his cheap ways - one day he will sell!
But be careful - we need to support the TEAM here in OTTAWA! be thankful we have a forum dedicated to this team and we can talk about hockey in the capital.
The more people boycott, the sooner we will be talking about the Quebec/Seattle Senators

Fan4Life

Fan of what? What is there to be proud of?

About to trade the best player of Franchise History after the second best player in franchise history has left twice because of the owner. Our GM doesn't understand how to make trades. Our Assistant GM is facing harassment charges and will miss part of the draft because of it. First rounder next year looks to be a lottery pick and we have traded it for a UFA to be looking for a payday. Scouts not getting paid by the owner. Owner threatens to move the team out of the city. Owner also double clutching on the arena deal.

Once I was a big fan of Bill Cosby, but you know what? When I learned that there was nothing to like about him I was able to acknowledge that and turn the page. Some things just don't deserve your support. Being a ''fan4life'' in a situation like this is not something to be proud of.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Good job everyone..
Lets all not show up to the arena and not only get the owner to move out of town.. but the team!!

I know everyone is mad and upset over Melnyk and his cheap ways - one day he will sell!
But be careful - we need to support the TEAM here in OTTAWA! be thankful we have a forum dedicated to this team and we can talk about hockey in the capital.
The more people boycott, the sooner we will be talking about the Quebec/Seattle Senators

Fan4Life
So much wrong in one post...

Sens fans are in a unique and powerful position. With the coming Lebreton deal, they can empty the building and force Melnyk out. There is zero chance the NHL is losing this market place.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
A glimmer of hope i have is the fact we dealt Hoffman to SJ. I say that because i know SJ has been all over Dorion for EK. So why would SJ trade for Hoffman if they know it would put them out on Karlsson. Otherwise maybe SJ has been told EK isnt for sale

Reactions: Hands of Stone

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
A glimmer of hope i have is the fact we dealt Hoffman to SJ. I say that because i know SJ has been all over Dorion for EK. So why would SJ trade for Hoffman if they know it would put them out on Karlsson. Otherwise maybe SJ has been told EK isnt for sale

?

The Sharks flipped Hoffman to Florida.

Grizwald

Dec 19, 2017
I haven't gone to a game since the low-life, piss-tank fired Cyril Leeder. I will happily return when said low-life leaves.

Reactions: Sensung

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
I have no choice but to remain a Sens fan for as long as they are in Ottawa.

I find the winters here long and painful and depressing -- NHL hockey gets me through it. And I'm not one of those guys who can cheer for a team in some distant city and just watch games on TV. I have to attend games and see the live product.

Trading Karlsson will suck, especially since I know we'll get hosed. But, I'm a Sens fan until either they or I move!

Reactions: aragorn

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
There are a lot of people in this town who have kids who want to go to the arena regardless of where it is to see their favourite NHL team that they see on TV & have grown up to like. IMO there will still be lots of parents who won't want to disappoint their children & who will still take their kids to games or give them tickets/souvenirs as gifts. I also think there will be a lot of people who could care less who the owner is or what the politics are around the team or even care much about any individual players & just want to go to watch an NHL game live once in a while. And then there are all the people who are not Sens fans who will go to games when their favourite teams come to town, I doubt Toronto fans are going to boycott any games when the Leafs come to town.

Reactions: Slack

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
There are a lot of people in this town who have kids who want to go to the arena regardless of where it is to see their favourite NHL team that they see on TV & have grown up to like. IMO there will still be lots of parents who won't want to disappoint their children & who will still take their kids to games or give them tickets/souvenirs as gifts. I also think there will be a lot of people who could care less who the owner is or what the politics are around the team or even care much about any individual players & just want to go to watch an NHL game live once in a while. And then there are all the people who are not Sens fans who will go to games when their favourite teams come to town, I doubt Toronto fans are going to boycott any games when the Leafs come to town.

I call those people sheep.

Melnyk is destroying our team and running out of town a possible top 5 defender of all-time... in his peak. A guy who carried us 1 goal away from the finals and this is the thanks we give him. That very owner who allegedly said we aren't contenders and wants to use the team to milk his own incentives.

S-h-e-e-p.

After that albatross Hoffman trade, if we don't sign EK, anyone who spends a nickel on the Sens is part of the problem.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
If EK is traded, what will the Sens average attendance be next season, in your opinion?

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa

Obviously there will still be people going, but overall attendance is going to be dire. Wasn't it rumored that season tickets sales are alarmingly low right now?

Reactions: aragorn

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
If EK is traded, what will the Sens average attendance be next season, in your opinion?
I would guess slightly less than last yr but it could also depend on what happens at the draft & on July 1 & any trades before the season starts. But I expect less fans given the shit show we are seeing over the last few weeks even if EK is re-signed. A number of people on here are stating that they won't go to games as long as EM is the owner which I interrupt to mean regardless if EK is here or not, don't you think? Isn't that what you are doing?

I would also guess that next season's probably a write off but if they can at the least get some of their young players into the lineup that maybe there could be some promise there, if Chabot continues to improve, if White or Brown impresses, if Batherson or Formenton makes the squad out of camp, something positive needs to happen to build on to create some hope for this team in the future. I'm all for EM selling this team but who knows how long he will hang on for & does all this crap hurt player development somehow?

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I call those people sheep.

Melnyk is destroying our team and running out of town a possible top 5 defender of all-time... in his peak. A guy who carried us 1 goal away from the finals and this is the thanks we give him. That very owner who allegedly said we aren't contenders and wants to use the team to milk his own incentives.

S-h-e-e-p.

After that albatross Hoffman trade, if we don't sign EK, anyone who spends a nickel on the Sens is part of the problem.
I'm gonna bet you don't have kids or kids old enough that watch & like hockey.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
I would guess slightly less than last yr but it could also depend on what happens at the draft & on July 1 & any trades before the season starts. But I expect less fans given the **** show we are seeing over the last few weeks. I would also guess that next season's probably a write off but if they can at the least get some of their young players into the lineup that maybe there could be some promise there, if Chabot continues to improve, if White or Brown impresses, if Batherson or Formenton makes the squad out of camp, something positive needs to happen to build on to create some hope for this team in the future. I'm all for EM selling this team but who knows how long he will hang on for & does all this crap hurt player development?
You can't seriously believe this???

Even if they re-sign EK the numbers will be down significantly.

With a Karlsson trade they'll be lucky to get 10,000 and that is only because of the Habs & Leafs sellouts.

This market is done with this owner. The fans are going to boycott the team until he sells.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
You can't seriously believe this???

Even if they re-sign EK the numbers will be down significantly.

With a Karlsson trade they'll be lucky to get 10,000 and that is only because of the Habs & Leafs sellouts.

This market is done with this owner. The fans are going to boycott the team until he sells.
We'll see, I don't know but it does look grim, no question about it. I agree that this town does seem to be done with EM just as they were with the Gliebermans but a lot of people who could care less about ownership & the politics around the team still attended games. I had Renegades tickets with a buddy who was an Ottawa football fan & he couldn't care less about the ownership & wanted to see football & I've never been an Ottawa football fan but a fan of another CFL team & just like watching football.

I would guess that there will still be a lot of people who go to the odd game or will take their kids to the odd game which could maintain or just below the average attendance last yr but who knows. It will certainly be an interesting issue to keep an eye on. 10,00o seems really low though. Remember, not everyone in this town is a die hard fan like most on here & care deeply about every issue surrounding this team, I imagine there are plenty of people who like hockey but don't have the time or care for the politics & ownership. I guess we'll see.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Ya i understand that but by trying to get hoff initially it would signal to dorion that sj is out on karlsson and by screwing over Dorion, probably ends ek65 talk.

I'm hearing/reading that acquiring and flipping Hoffman, has freed up enough Cap space to take a shot at Tavares, if he becomes anUFA.

Reactions: NorthCoast

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
If the Sens came out and said .. we are tearing it down and rebuilding.. I would support the rebuilding team... This burn everything and see what emerges from the ashes if we get favorable winds approach is hard to get behind

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad