Will you still be here after potential Karlsson trade

If Ek leaves this offseason will you still be here?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
Unconditional support is how you keep getting crap teams for years.

I mean, it's ok if you don't mind cheering for a team that couldn't care less about the players we love, but the Ottawa market deserves better and would undoubtedly fill the arena en masse if the team had a respected owner(and a downtown arena). We aren't Florida where no matter what the attendance will be low.

I think you misunderstood my point. Putting the team above one individual does not equate to unconditional support. I want Melnyk out as much as anybody else; however, I am also a realist. I know he won't sell just because you put up billboards or don't buy his tickets. Even with attendance issues, the team is still profitable thanks to plenty of variables the Vegas expansion being one of those variables. There are only two scenarios in which Melnyk sells: He either gets forced to sell by the league due to large backlash (Trading Karlsson won't garner this uproar) or he gets an offer he can't refuse to sell it to a different ownership group.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Nashville has made it clear they aren't trading PK.

And really? You'd be more willing to buy season tix for PK over EK, who is arguably the most entertaining player to watch when in good health?

How dare he prioritize his child's excitement and joy over his personal disappointment. Maybe you could go yell at his kid and set him straight.

PS are you going to give up on the Sens, or are you just trying to convince everyone else to do so?

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
I'd still be a Sens fan but a lot of the joy I've had watching the team for 20 years will be gone.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
How dare he prioritize his child's excitement and joy over his personal disappointment. Maybe you could go yell at his kid and set him straight.

PS are you going to give up on the Sens, or are you just trying to convince everyone else to do so?

Settle down. I'm just surprised anyone would think PK is more exciting to watch than EK.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Pending Melnyk's removal, I voted no.

This is more about the reasons behind the probable trade than the trade itself. It's outright disregard for the fans, and you have to be a bit of a dupe to keep supporting an owner who doesn't respect the fanbase.

The league knows full well that us not showing up for games is about Melnyk, and not from a lack of interest in hockey.

Dupes are winning

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Like others have said, I'll stay a fan.

But I won't be buying tickets or merch any time soon.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Im not happy with ownership, but losing Karlsson won't disappoint me as much as these did and i came back every time...

-Losing to the Leafs 4 times, including the big Lalime game 7 choke job.

-Losing to my hated nemesis Crosby multiple times, including the most recent 2nd most agonizing loss ever.

-Losing to the Devils in game 7 with under two minutes left.

-Making it to the finals only to get crushed by the Ducks.

-Having the greatest goalie we ever had with the best team we ever had ruined by the friggin olympics that i couldnt give less of a shit about.

Karlsson is a special player, but he's not my favourite player on the team, so i guess if anything, im more disappointed to lose my current favorite in Hoffman. I watched Spezza, Corvo, Vermette, Rachunek, Hasek, and many others that were my favourites at the time leave or get traded. Its a part of pro sports.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Voting 'yes' doesn't necessarily mean you're going to continue giving the team any money. Just so ya know.

Reactions: bert

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
But we know some members of the board will attempt to use a yes vote to suggest Sens fans are OK with the plan to move EK.

which is definitely NOT the case. I voted yes but I am not OK with trading what very well could be the best defenseman I'll ever watch during my lifetime.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
I think if he's going to do it he should just f***ing do it and get it over with. It is cruel to the fans to keep them hanging on here.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
This is the mindset that led to us getting Boedker as the main piece in the Hoffman trade.

Not sure how comfortable I am in taking the same approach to a potential Karlsson trade...
There will be no getting over anything if Karlsson is traded. It'll be a black-eye on this franchise for years to come.

It'll be one of those things we'll always refer to when we have a bad season. The only thing that'll erase it is a Cup, which is a hilarious word to utter right now with the state of the franchise.

Reactions: Cosmix

otown

Sep 4, 2009
EK is a generational player. The backbone of your team moving forward. If he is traded watch how the team structures its budget and chances are they will be contenders and highly competetive. Like the Hawks during their cup days.
I can hear it now....why didn't we do that? You have to pay him market value, no ifs, ands or buts!
The loss of fans attending games during the rebuild will offset his contract demands, so just make sure the offer is a good one! However, this team has been "Eugenized" so it will never happen.☹

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad