Will you still be here after potential Karlsson trade

If Ek leaves this offseason will you still be here?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
It really depends. If rumours are true and EK is a locker room issue, then he's gotta go. It seems crazy, but stranger things have happened. This really is like a hockey soap opera.

Cheezy but strangely compelling....

Just can't look away, almost hoping for more drama....

almost....

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
It really depends. If rumours are true and EK is a locker room issue, then he's gotta go. It seems crazy, but stranger things have happened. This really is like a hockey soap opera.

Cheezy but strangely compelling....

Just can't look away, almost hoping for more drama....

almost....

Wait, what????

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Literally an off-had comment by one (probably no trustworthy) source that the local media will run with when EK is shipped off.

It should be treated as utter BS until someone more credible than POS comes out with a statement.

Maybe, and I’m not claiming it as fact, but as a possibility, that obviously many won’t want to consider. Many on this board have run with far less, when it suits them, and this wan’t a random twit tweet, this was from a guy who spoke to Sens players.

Worth discussing in my opinion.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Regarding the title of the thread:

If we have our own first rounder next year? Absolutely. That's something to get excited about.

If Karlsson is gone, the team is terrible, and between the lack of a pick and Melnyk still in charge there's nothing to look forward to down the pipe? I'm going to lose interest pretty quick.

Not true. We can look forward to the draft, prospect camp, training camp, pre-season, etc. Our expectations will be lower for the next season but we do not have to lose all hope.

Reactions: aragorn

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Maybe, and I’m not claiming it as fact, but as a possibility, that obviously many won’t want to consider. Many on this board have run with far less, when it suits them, and this wan’t a random twit tweet, this was from a guy who spoke to Sens players.

Worth discussing in my opinion.

Patrick O Sullivan is just trying to stay relevant.

Reactions: Uchiha

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Patrick O Sullivan is just trying to stay relevant.

Perhaps, but no more or less so than every other media guy. We just like to believe the releases that suit us, and dismiss those that don’t. I mean we see the same dismissals posted in regards to Dreger, Yost, etc...

Look, I’m not arguing fact here, but it’s coming from a guy saying he spoke directly to players, and seems to realistically have access. It’s worthy of discussion, even if it makes EK fans uncomfortable. For those of us who cheer more for the front of the jersey than the back it’s a concerning rumour.

Reactions: aragorn

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Meh ,I think PD has no choice but to make a firm deadline with EK ,if he doesnt want to be here then we should move him by all means...But i still think EK wants to be here ,this is his team...We have and will continue to build it around him..And that has to count for something

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Perhaps, but no more or less so than every other media guy. We just like to believe the releases that suit us, and dismiss those that don’t. I mean we see the same dismissals posted in regards to Dreger, Yost, etc...

Look, I’m not arguing fact here, but it’s coming from a guy saying he spoke directly to players, and seems to realistically have access. It’s worthy of discussion, even if it makes EK fans uncomfortable. For those of us who cheer more for the front of the jersey than the back it’s a concerning rumour.

Well Dreger often posts clickbaity stuff and Yost is completely full of shit.

But I get your point.

Reactions: Sensung

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015

Right but from everything we've seen Karlsson is one of the classiest most personable players in the league.

I mean, did you see the handshake line I'm the Pens series? Even in defeat he is classy. He does a ton for charities and raising awareness for things. And there are numerous testaments from current players of how much of a consummate teammate he is.

There's just absolutely no proof or even any smoke that says Karlsson is a bad teammate.

If Karlsson is a locker room issue, it's higher chances that it's a toxic locker room than a toxic karlsson.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I agree with both of you for sure. There is a difference between guys on the outside, and guys that have access to players in the room. Could POS be making it up? Maybe, but it would be a bold move to use players like that and not expect backslash from the locker room. Not a move to make lightly if one wants continued access.

Having said that, I’m not about to take anything as fact, simply feel that it’s worth discussing, ad given EKs lack lustre play last year, and our team’s implosion, it certainly fits what we saw on the ice. Something was very wrong with the team, maybe it was just Hoffman, and maybe not, but the team looked ‘off’ chemistry-wise.

I found it interesting that both Duchene and Stone coming out and saying that they wanted to stay and be part of the solution, seems promising, as long as we also purge ourselves of the problems, whatever they are.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Right but from everything we've seen Karlsson is one of the classiest most personable players in the league.

I mean, did you see the handshake line I'm the Pens series? Even in defeat he is classy. He does a ton for charities and raising awareness for things. And there are numerous testaments from current players of how much of a consummate teammate he is.

There's just absolutely no proof or even any smoke that says Karlsson is a bad teammate.

I’m not sure I’m with you on that. EK doesn’t come across as one of the classiest guys in the league at all. Now that’s not to say he comes across as negative either, but he’s no Alfie, or seasoned leader either. He’s got a positive personality from what we see, but that’s really all I personally have to go on.

I get what you’re saying, charity, handshake lines, etc, but we see that from almost every player to be honest.

Look, I’m not saying he’s a bad teammate, but yes, there is some smoke about it, whether you like it or not, and it’s worth discussing.

There are questions about his leadership this season, questions about a toxic locker room, questions about his desire to stay with the team. These guys are humans, and you don’t have to be down on a guy to consider that there maybe personality clashes. Sometimes decisions have to made, kind of like the team just made when they shipped out Hoffman for far less than we’d like just to have him gone

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I agree with both of you for sure. There is a difference between guys on the outside, and guys that have access to players in the room. Could POS be making it up? Maybe, but it would be a bold move to use players like that and not expect backslash from the locker room. Not a move to make lightly if one wants continued access.

Having said that, I’m not about to take anything as fact, simply feel that it’s worth discussing, ad given EKs lack lustre play last year, and our team’s implosion, it certainly fits what we saw on the ice. Something was very wrong with the team, maybe it was just Hoffman, and maybe not, but the team looked ‘off’ chemistry-wise.

I found it interesting that both Duchene and Stone coming out and saying that they wanted to stay and be part of the solution, seems promising, as long as we also purge ourselves of the problems, whatever they are.
Yep ,these guys are part of our core..And I believe EK is with them ,as our leader....

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Yep ,these guys are part of our core..And I believe EK is with them ,as our leader....

I truly hope so, but I want problems removed from the room no matter who they are.

Ive disliked Hoffman for ages and am so happy he’s gone. Personally I don’t care what we got for him as his 25ish goals won’t be missed when weighed agains the disruptions he caused in the room and on the ice. I don’t want the wealth of youth we have coming up being around a player like that, I want them learing to play with Duchene’s drive, Stone’s passion, EK’s confidence.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I truly hope so, but I want problems removed from the room no matter who they are.

Ive disliked Hoffman for ages and am so happy he’s gone. Personally I don’t care what we got for him as his 25ish goals won’t be missed when weighed agains this disruptions he caused in the room and on the ice. I don’t want the wealth of youth we have coming up being around a payer like that, I want them learing to play with Duchene’s drive, Stone’s passion, EK’s confidence.
Yeah i was never a fan of Hoffman either,he is as soft as they come...Fastest guy on the team ,yet never first on puck when he may have to battle to get it

Reactions: Ice-Tray

BritishSen

May 20, 2018
Must be a bit of a North American thing to just f*** off when the going gets tough, I'll still be amongst it. To appreciate the highs, you'll have to have the lows

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Must be a bit of a North American thing to just **** off when the going gets tough, I'll still be amongst it. To appreciate the highs, you'll have to have the lows
I think there's a distinction to be made here: a lot of us who are saying we're "out" doesn't mean we don't still cheer on the team. For me, anyway, it has more to do with not spending any money on an inferior product. I'm still a Sens fan and I still want the best for the team I grew up watching and loving. My support is just going to come at more of an arm's length and less fanatical than it once was.

Reactions: BritishSen

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Must be a bit of a North American thing to just **** off when the going gets tough, I'll still be amongst it. To appreciate the highs, you'll have to have the lows
Yup ever since the Normandy in the 2nd world war that's been the Canadian thing to do right?

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008

I'm fairly sure you're not aware of the context of the anger. This has very little to do with the Sens being bad.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Option 2. I'm done with the team if Karlsson is moved. Nothing vs. anyone here but the fact is you don't trade Karlsson. You keep him and give him both the contract and money he wants. I'll either follow Karlsson to his new team or find another team to cheer for.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad