Will Marian Hossa make the hall of fame?

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Easily, played 1,000+ games, 500+ goals, 1000+ points, 3 Stanley Cups, that should make you a first ballot at least.

He is really really good, but first ballot should be saved for people like Crosby and Ovi, players who separate themselves from the rest.

That said, they let lots of people in now, so ya sure hes a first ballot guy.

Reactions: Eisen

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Yes, he'll get in.

It’s hard to root for a guy that faked an injury to retire. His allergic rash began the first year his actual salary dropped to only $1 million.

He is a scum bag

Then why did he "fake" an easily verifiable skin condition and medicinal complication rather than an impossible to disprove back, hip, or knee pain situation?

Reactions: Voight

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
I'm gonna hold firm on no. Can't let every jabroni in. Maybe his invite got a rash and had to quit.
Calling a player who had over 500 goals over 1100 pts, and one of the best at his position during his time playing a regular jabroni speaks volume to your lack of knowledge. Hossa will go in just not a first ballot. His totals and accolades get him in.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Calling a player who had over 500 goals over 1100 pts, and one of the best at his position during his time playing a regular jabroni speaks volume to your lack of knowledge. Hossa will go in just not a first ballot. His totals and accolades get him in.
I'm gonna say no.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Absolutely.

Probably not first ballot, but he'll absolutely get in.

And for the 50,000th time, Hossa didn't stop playing because of his skin condition. He stopped playing because the medication he was using to keep the condition in check over the years was starting to reach dangerous levels in his system, and could potentially **** up his liver and kidneys.

If you think a guy should risk living the rest of his life on dialysis (or worse) just to finish out a hockey contract, you're an asshole. End of story.

Last edited:

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Marian Hossa is the main reason that Jonathan Toews won couple Selke's. I'm not taking anything from Toews but Hossa should have the both Selke's.

Reactions: TheNewKid

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
He would have Selkes if the award wasn't like automatically given to centers over the last X decades.

Slam dunk for me. People who watched him during Chicago's run know how important and effective he was all over the ice, an absolute horse. One of those rare players that had like no weakness.

Asheville

Feb 1, 2018
Mike Gartner and his one 50-goal season with no appearances in a Final or any individual accolades is in, so, yeah.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
If Clark Gilles gets in, there's no question that Marion Hossa gets in. Third best point totals from his draft year, but second best ppg production. A 200 foot player before it was a thing.

saluki

Nov 18, 2017
One of the things I miss most about watching the Hawks is Hossa chasing down puck carriers 5-10 times a game. He did it with a singular passion. I think he derived joy from watching wingers crap their pants when they heard his stride catching up to them. He broke up thousands of rushes in his career.

In his prime he was the best open ice defensive forward I've ever seen.

Reactions: fivesberg

Slap

Sep 28, 2017
Marian Hossa is the main reason that Jonathan Toews won couple Selke's. I'm not taking anything from Toews but Hossa should have the both Selke's.
I feel like you're taking two Selkes from Toews despite saying you're not taking anything from him.

Reactions: b1e9a8r5s

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad