Will Marian Hossa make the hall of fame?

BrokenFace

Aug 15, 2010
STL
I think he is.

Better question is has he played his last game. Couldn't doctors give him the okay to go back on medication for 2 months for the playoffs every year?

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
This is more of a slam dunk than Marleau. I think his reputation for defensive play coupled with his high end production in the regular season and in winning 3 Cups gets him in.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
Yes, no question about it.
He's the 4th highest scorer drafted between 1991-2000.
He was the 4th highest scorer between 2001-2010.

The NHL has historically inducted most of the top15 to 25 of past lists.

He's not a bubble guy... He may have already been there with a measuring tape to pick his spot.

He's also 30th all-time in playoff scoring.

Players make it in without individual awards all the time. Hossa is the top of that group.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
To me no.

He has no individual hardware, and never came particularly close to any of them either (his highest finish in anything was 5th for a Selke...)

In terms of point finishes he was only ever twice in the top 10, finishing 5th in '03 and 6th in '07

He has three cups and he was a quality piece on those runs, but he was at best the 4th or 5th most valuable cog.

He was a good player, but his stats are more cumulative than of dominance in any particular aspect or time frame. The argument that worse players made it in doesn't make a case with me, we should be moving the bar up, not continually lowering the floor. Nobody is going to sit their kid down one day and tell them epic tales of when they got to watch Marian Hossa play hockey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad