NBA Will Kawhi Leonard re-sign with the Toronto Raptors?

Will KL re-sign with Toronto?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
This is by far the best chance TO has of winning and they needed an absolute fluke shot to beat Philly and Milwaukee choking as bad as any team I can remember to win that series. Now they are facing GS without the best player in the league and only managed a split at home.

Boston, Philly and Milwaukee are all getting better and no reason to think TO will. He isn't the best player in the East now (Giannis) and won't be going forward.
Lol f*** you been watching ? Kawhi completely outplayed Giannis last series.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Nope. He’s gone no matter what happens imo. So the raps need to win or else that’s it, They aren’t ever getting back to the finals lol.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
This makes the most sense if he stays. Either he stays to defend the championship or because they were close and Masai could make a move or two to help push them over the edge. Then he'll become a FA again next year with the rest of the core.

Around 5 years, $190M if he signs with Toronto and 4 years, $140-145M if he signs elsewhere.

Is the max gonna go up tho? Maybe he’s better taking a shorter deal and signing another max contract in 3 or 4 years when the max goes up

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Everyone was saying he is going to go to the Clippers and they were doing everything to make him come. They even said they would bye the Kawhi logo from Nike for him. The Doc rivers comments are another. The fact Kawhi is suing NIKE himself means he doesn't need or want the Clippers help and is his own man. The Clippers come off as too desperate and that puts more pressure on him if he comes and they don't do well. He will stay in Toronto.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Is the max gonna go up tho? Maybe he’s better taking a shorter deal and signing another max contract in 3 or 4 years when the max goes up

That's pretty risky considering how often NBA stars suffer career-altering injuries

McGrady, Rose, Stoudemire, Thomas, Cousins, Wall, Hayward, just to name a few

Last edited:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Yeah, it'll go up for him. It's a % of the salary cap so it'll go up automatically as the cap rises but once he hits 10 years in the league, his max will be 35% of the cap. Right now his max is 30% because he's currently at 7-9 years in. So it makes sense for him to wait to sign long-term but it's also a risk because of injuries.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Kawhi coasted most of the season in the name of load management and turned it into another gear in the playoffs.

Giannis can't create a shot, he's a one trick pony right now and the Raps figured him out and shut him down.

We'll see. Giannis is the likely MVP of the season, I am not sure that one bad series erases all that.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
?

If you don't live in Toronto the only option is a village?
No, but I don’t think the national media is misrepresenting when they cover viewing parties and sports bars across the country?

Go watch a game in Detroit, Minnesota, Portland etc. Raptors fans are everywhere.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
No, but I don’t think the national media is misrepresenting when they cover viewing parties and sports bars across the country?

Go watch a game in Detroit, Minnesota, Portland etc. Raptors fans are everywhere.

They are people watching in sports bars sure, but it is far from a big story in Calgary. That doesn't mean there are zero fans but it is not a big deal at all.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
They are people watching in sports bars sure, but it is far from a big story in Calgary. That doesn't mean there are zero fans but it is not a big deal at all.

Bars in Alberta are having well attended viewing parties for games.

Reactions: Kubus

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Bars in Alberta are having well attended viewing parties for games.

I am in Alberta and not seeing the same things. I mean there are obviously people watching but in terms of going about the day there is zero talk about it that I have seen/heard.

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
Really hope Kawhi stays in Toronto, but he's not the kind of guy that gets sentimental over one magical season. Like this guy turned his back on the Spurs, of all teams. If he can turn his back on THE model franchise, he can just as easily turn his back on the Raptors this off-season.

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
If kawhi comes back it will probably be on a shorter deal imo. Some true stars are choosing short term deals recently for flexibilities, aka lebron and durant. When lebron finally signed a long term deal and he got stuck with the mess that is the lakers and i think other stars sees it. Honestly, if they win i think hes coming back, its hard to walk away from a championship winning team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad