NBA Will Kawhi Leonard re-sign with the Toronto Raptors?

Will KL re-sign with Toronto?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
People continually fail to understand Kawhi’s character, do people even know his back story growing up? how his father was shot to death in the car dealership he used to spend his summers at as a childv? And how that scarred him
and motivated him to be a champion? He’s a quiet man, he doesn’t talk much, he isn’t after the records or fame, he just wants to play and win, name me another team where he has a better chance at doing that.

It just makes zero logical sense for Kawhi to leave after likely winning a championship when he can stay and go for back to back.

Reactions: Avaholic29

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
Kawhi isn't leaving. He lost alot of money in this trade fiasco though. So id expect he does short term deals to recoup some of that. But honestly you won't find a team deeper than the raptors. You can have a KD, Steph and Klay but when your depth is non existent,i will get exposed. In terms of winning, money and getting exactly what he wants (load management). Toronto is the place to be.

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
I personally don't even care if Kawhi ends up leaving, although I don't believe he's going to. As long as I get to witness the Raptors win 1 championship in my lifetime I'll be content. As far as I'm concerned if you come to Toronto and bring us a title, you've got carte blanche to do whatever you want after that.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
People continually fail to understand Kawhi’s character, do people even know his back story growing up? how his father was shot to death in the car dealership he used to spend his summers at as a childv? And how that scarred him
and motivated him to be a champion? He’s a quiet man, he doesn’t talk much, he isn’t after the records or fame, he just wants to play and win, name me another team where he has a better chance at doing that.

It just makes zero logical sense for Kawhi to leave after likely winning a championship when he can stay and go for back to back.

Boston, Milwaukee, GS, Philadelphia, Houston, Portland

Maybe some others depending on where the other stars end up.

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
Boston, Milwaukee, GS, Philadelphia, Houston, Portland

Maybe some others depending on where the other stars end up.

Doesn’t answer the question, why would he leave the potential defending champ and a chance to win 2 in a row for one of those teams?

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Doesn’t answer the question, why would he leave the potential defending champ and a chance to win 2 in a row for one of those teams?

Because they offer him a better chance at winning. The Eastern teams are all going to get better and they needed a ton of luck to beat Philly this year and some terrible coaching by Bud to beat the Bucks.

They only have a chance at the title this year thanks to injuries and it is unlikely they get that kind of injury luck again this year.

Edit: they all offer him a much better place to live as well.

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
Because they offer him a better chance at winning. The Eastern teams are all going to get better and they needed a ton of luck to beat Philly this year and some terrible coaching by Bud to beat the Bucks.

They only have a chance at the title this year thanks to injuries and it is unlikely they get that kind of injury luck again this year.

On most of those teams Kawhi would cut into the minutes of another forward.

Also, Portland, Milwaukee and Boston -if you're black- are not better places to live.

Reactions: Voight

member 51464

What is the short version of what went wrong for Kawhi in San Antonio?

Cotton

May 13, 2013

You've shown in your short time on this site, evident in your posting history, an extreme ignorance to and bias against everything Toronto.

An opinion, unresearched and rooted in envy and bitterness carries no weight.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
What is the short version of what went wrong for Kawhi in San Antonio?

Their doctors said he was ready to return from a quad injury, he felt like they were pressuring him to return and didn't feel 100%, so he went out and got a 2nd opinion from some doctors in NYC and they disagreed w/ the Spurs doctors -- they said Kawhi wasn't ready to play basketball again. So then instead of rehabbing in SA, he decided to do so. in NY where his real doctors were located.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
If the Raps win, its going to be interesting.

Obviously it would make a ton of sense for him to stay, at least for a 2 years+1 (player option) style deal. Thats the same won LBJ signed after the Cavs won. It'll give him another 2 or 3 years to see if he wants to finish his career in Toronto, but also give him the chance to still signed a big $$$ contract when he's 30.

However it could also open the door for him to leave. Much like LeBron last year, fans cant get that and seeing as he would have brought them their first ever championship. I'm sure Raptors fans would be super disappointed but he can easily justify it as he came, he saw and he conquered, couldn't really fault him in that scenario.

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018

The only chance at a Raptors title this year is thanks to injuries? Lol ya because it has absolutely nothing to do with how deep, talented and well coached the Raptors are. Lol what an absurd comment.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
The only chance at a Raptors title this year is thanks to injuries? Lol ya because it has absolutely nothing to do with how deep, talented and well coached the Raptors are. Lol what an absurd comment.

GS even with its injuries still has the best PG in the league, former DPOY (who is still a great player) and a great 6th man.

This isn't like the Cavs in 2015 where LeBron was left with nobody after his co-stars went down.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I think he stays at this point on a shorter deal and tries to go for another title next year. If he does leave, who cares? He is a Raptor/City of Toronto Legend and will be for ever! No hard feelings if leaves.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I think he stays at this point on a shorter deal and tries to go for another title next year. If he does leave, who cares? He is a Raptor/City of Toronto Legend and will be for ever! No hard feelings if leaves.

Look at the major injuries that took place during the Finals, and you think he's going to leave money and term on the table for a shorter deal?

I can't imagine his agent would advise that

Reactions: Kubus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad