Why are we ****ty, Dad? Because we have to chase the entire Western Conference.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Brian Burke should've been hired in the summer and Lowe should've had his ass sent packing with Tambellini.

Sheeshta

Jul 27, 2007
it is pretty crazy that we haven't scored yet, lol.... 38 shots

now we know how LA felt the other night

It's not the same at all. It's a score effect. There's no way the Oilers get 19 shots in the 3rd if the score's not 3 or 4-0.

Shanahanigans

Jun 16, 2011
The fact that we've got 4 of essentially the same type of player in our top 6 (Gagner, Eberle, Hemsky, Arco) shows what's wrong with the team. Jones is one of the most useless players I've ever seen in an Oilers uniform. Also, Eakins...SWARM DEFENSE ISN'T WORKING.

Highlander23

Mar 26, 2011
France
An observation from the game, the players looked tired !! as an outsider, you can't play young forwards 24min/game and expect them to give it all night in night out...

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Eakins and MacT are both eating it right now.

Lander plays decent defensively and gets sent down, Larsen who was a beast skating it out of the zone still hasnt played a game, and then they play Gagner against one of the best lines in the league right now in his first game back with two of the worst defensive wingers on the roster.

The players arent playing as a team in any way.

My post makes no sense due to rage overload.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
With the first overall pick of the 2015 NHL draft, the Edmonton Oilers are humiliated to select...

It would be simply amazing to ruin McDavid's career as well. If only we could be so lucky.

Starbuds

You like muscles?
Mar 28, 2010
Flames fan coming in peace. How the hell have you guys put up with this crap for so long? I'd be done by now if I was an Oilers fan.

I don't know about the rest of these guys, but I just have that little going on in my life. Also, I don't really care.. about anything.

Angelus*

Flames fan coming in peace. How the hell have you guys put up with this crap for so long? I'd be done by now if I was an Oilers fan.

I'm getting pretty ****ing close. I don't see any hope, just a perpetual rebuild. I'm embarrassed to be an Oilers fan.

Gobo

Stop looking Gare
Jun 29, 2010
Of the big 4, the two I keep are RNH + Yakupov/Hall. Really don't care which of Yak/Hall you keep though. If you can do Yak + Hemsky + N. Schultz for that Philly package (Simmonds, Schenn/Couturier, Coburn), Eberle + Smid for a Cowen + Smith + Conacher, and then a J. Schultz for a Matt Martin/Kyle Okposo, we look better. I know all this is very hypothetical, but at least we have players who give a ****.

Hall - RNH - Simmonds
Perron - Couturier - Gagner
Conacher - Gordon - Okposo/Martin
Gazdic - Smith - Pitlick/Smyth/Jones

Coburn - Petry
Cowen - Belov
Ference - Larsen

Dubnyk
Bachman

Team moves sideways on paper, should hopefully have some ****ing heart on the ice. However, two-way C's all around, decent amount of skill on both wings, size and two-way ability on defense.

*Please note these are the wishes of an upset and frustrated Oilers fan who didn't really think too hard about value

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
The fact that we've got 4 of essentially the same type of player in our top 6 (Gagner, Eberle, Hemsky, Arco) shows what's wrong with the team. Jones is one of the most useless players I've ever seen in an Oilers uniform. Also, Eakins...SWARM DEFENSE ISN'T WORKING.

Include Yak and RNH in same type of player. Hall and his stupid dangles also make him close. That is 7 of same class of player.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I think we should do what Thrashers fans did when their franchise left: Have their fans go and cheer for other teams.

I call St. Louis.

67penny

Dec 4, 2011
Major shakeup move needed, even Buffalo knows when its time for a big trade...wakeup MAC-T

EchoesoftheEighties

HF Oil's Unofficial Shitposter
Jan 30, 2006
Edmonton
I normally go to 5 or 6 games a year. I'm refusing to go to any games this year and I'm already starting to not watch the games on TV. I've only worn my Oilers sweater twice this season.

This team :facepalm:

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I actually liked Yakupov's game tonight, he had jump and energy that's been building.

Gagner was atrocious but was put in a bad spot (wtf was Eakins thinking not putting Gordon out there vs. the Kessel line?).

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
If he thought the game like Lidstrom he'd be a #1. He's still a solid 2/3

Ya, we need one badly

Sorry... I just don't buy that. He nearly single handedly created those goals for the opposition, out of nothing, by forgetting the absolute basics of the position. It wasn't because he was overmatched or beat to an area of the ice... Or victim of a razzle dazzle passing play.

Playing too much *should* have the effect of forcing you to simplify, not the opposite. I just question his judgement out there and have seen too many mental errors out of him. Physical I could understand.

He's just failing to remember and execute the basics.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad