Why are we ****ty, Dad? Because we have to chase the entire Western Conference.

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
Yak was good. Too bad the rest of the team played like ****.

RNH and Eberle have been incredibly disappointing.

Sakal

Oct 26, 2013
5u3jly.jpg

sync

BECAUSE...REASONS!!!
Aug 1, 2007
No. John MacKinnon did that at the Tambo firing press conference and Kevin Lowe went ape****.

well the pitchforks and torches should be out.

this organization is a colossal cluster **** right now.

Gret99zky

Worst Thread Ever
May 5, 2007
Gamma Quadrant
“And lastly I’ll say that there’s one other guy in hockey today that is still working in the game that has won more Stanley Cups than me. So I think I know a little bit about winning, if there’s ever a concern.†— Kevin Lowe.

Really? What year is it, Kevin?

Angelus*

No one can defend this **** anymore, this franchise is rotten to the ******* core! At this point no one should be untouchable, they need to rebuild the rebuild.

rasarhdasd

Apr 12, 2013
Jesus, maybe they should stop showing up to the games like the southern teams so they're forced to ice a winning product.

cyril*

Listening to his excuses makes me physically ill. I dread hearing what he'll come up with when we're 20 points out in November.

Ahh, I find it entertaining because he's scraping the bottom of the barrel trying to come up with some reason (ANYTHING) to explain why this team sucks.

He never points the blame at the actual players, coaching or management however (until after they are fired or traded that is).

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
How much longer until the team changes their tune and starts saying this team is still rebuilding? They've done it before, I believe in 2007-08 Lowe said they were competing for the playoffs and then when the team started out bad, changed to "we're rebuilding."

gokeefe

Dec 16, 2010
Edmonton
There's still hope... that Katz will fire the whole rotten lot of them at the end of yet another bad season.

t0mf00lery

Sep 12, 2003
Barrie, Ontario
Visit site
Stauffer's apologies are getting so silly. Injuries are not an excuse.

I am starting to think about the Oilers as a comparable franchise to the early 1990s Nordiques. It may be necessary to deal our Sundin, Nolan and Lindros equivalents (RNH, Hall and Yakupov) in order to BUILD a true TEAM. We are simply lacking too many pieces and talent along doesn't get you very far in this league. I would personally try to identify two guys to keep from our "big 4" if you can call them that, and deal the other two (in my world you keep RNH and Hall).

Drafting and pro scouting have been NOWHERE near the caliber of the Hawks, Kings and other elite franchises. The worst fears are being realized and the Oilers are just like the Thrashers, Panthers and other recent laughingstock franchises.

It's just a crap situation with no end in sight.

I was thinking about this the other day. There is a bit of a similarity to the present day Oilers and the Thrashers of 5-10 years ago.

Shanahanigans

Jun 16, 2011
We had something like 43 shots. What a misleading stat. Most of those were easy saves Reimer could make all day, and rebounds were promptly swallowed up by him our taken by the leafs. What a pathetic franchise we are.

Every time I think this team has hit rock bottom, they keep digging.

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Well this may sound like the hopeless optmistic, but we played good. The big thing is when is this team going to get a break. There was the one play we hit the post, then should have clearly been a penalty, no call and TO comes back and scores. We hit how many posts...... Bachman played good, They should start him again.

Any way, I am not saying this team has played well this year, but man, some times we can't catch a break either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad