Why are we ****ty, Dad? Because we have to chase the entire Western Conference.

Tonka

OFFSIDE
Apr 8, 2007
Patience? We have been bottom give for years, this will be the 8th year in a row missing the playoffs, in a few years a bunch of contracts are up and no one will want to play here. People will request trades or refuse to resign. If it doesn't turn around fast we need to blow it up and start over again.

True. But a d-man or two more is required.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
HF is having a real fun time tearing J. Schultz a new a**hole on the main boards. Ducks fans are wetting themselves with pleasure in that thread.

That's one of the awesome side effects of being a fan of this team. Watching rude, awful, posters flame your team and not being able to say a damn thing about it. Life is good for an Oilers fan right now.

Moose Coleman

Apr 12, 2012
To be fair though the Leafs get outshot most games, it's just the style they play. Force shots from bad angles, wings, etc. In fact, when the Leafs sucked under Wilson, Leafs used to outshoot their opponents on many nights.

Except that really wasn't the case yesterday. The Oilers got a ton of their shots and shot attempts from what would be considered prime scoring positions. Check out the shot tracker at TSN and look at the shots and blocked shots.

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010
Leafs played good and got some luck. They didn't get lucky and play good bc of the luck. Even with no luck on their side, leafs are easily handed 2 pts in this one. Yes it would be nice if the Oil were to get some luck every once in a while, but if that's what anyone is waiting for, good luck to you!

Yes MacT should have kept Kreuger on for special teams help. Or Eakins should review what system he used and copy it. If it ain't broke, why try to fix it?

Eakins, supposedly chose to keep Krueger's and Renney's three assistants, you would think that one of them would have saved a copy.

DisgruntledGoat*

Dec 26, 2010
HF is having a real fun time tearing J. Schultz a new a**hole on the main boards. Ducks fans are wetting themselves with pleasure in that thread.

That's one of the awesome side effects of being a fan of this team. Watching rude, awful, posters flame your team and not being able to say a damn thing about it. Life is good for an Oilers fan right now.

Well, Schultz deserves it. Soft, brain-dead garbage. Fits in perfectly.

tempest2i

Jigsaw Falling Into Place
Oct 25, 2009
Cowtown

Why even go read a thread like that? What are you going to gain from it?

The way I look at it is I don't need fans of other teams telling me the Oilers suck, I get enough of that from Oilers fans here and on twitter.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Well, Schultz deserves it. Soft, brain-dead garbage. Fits in perfectly.

Schultz has been brutal like the rest of the team, but it still sucks to see all that on a player of yours.

Why even go read a thread like that? What are you going to gain from it?

The way I look at it is I don't need fans of other teams telling me the Oilers suck, I get enough of that from Oilers fans here and on twitter.

Flaming of the Oilers is apparently okay on the main boards. I can't help myself sometimes and read when I know it's just going to annoy me.

rasarhdasd

Apr 12, 2013
J.Schultz hasn't been very good this year, but again like Yakupov, he has less than 82 games under him. This is probably more important to note for a defensemen than a winger, and 'worst defender in the NHL' is incredibly laughable.

He's hit a rough patch and I'm sure he'd have an easier adjustment if he had better veterans to play with than Ference/Smid.

CanadianSuperPromise

Aug 21, 2012
Things said on the main boards (not verbatim):

"Ference is the worst captain in the NHL"
"Ference isn't even good enough to be a bottom pairing D some nights"
"The oilers are the worst team in the NHL"
"J.Schultz is the worst defenseman in the NHL, and he is killing the team"
"Hi I'm a HF-Troll, and I'm the product of several generations of interbreeding"

But to be fair the average age of most main boarders is 16 and the average iq flutters around 80.

dyzfunctioned

Oct 4, 2012
Oilers are 3 points back of 2nd last in the West...

...yet if they were in the East they would be 2 points back of 9th and only 3 points back of a playoff spot.

Ridiculous.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Oilers are 3 points back of 2nd last in the West...

...yet if they were in the East they would be 2 points back of 9th and only 3 points back of a playoff spot.

Ridiculous.

It's been established for years that the Eastern conference is a clownshow.

Unfortunately we're the only Western team with a losing record against them.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
good. so the average penalty for a cheapshot knee on the Oilers best player is now ~1000$...

stay classy....professional sports league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad