Why are we ****ty, Dad? Because we have to chase the entire Western Conference.

Starbuds

You like muscles?
Mar 28, 2010
Did anyone watch via a Leaf feed? Those guys are great and terrible at the same time in a Gene Principe way.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Some friendly banter before the game started aside, I really think that the Oilers just need a little more time.

Sounds cliche but even top picks in the league cannot be counted upon to win games for you when they are just 21.

Just look at the growth of Kessel as an example. He was an immature, shy 21 year old kid who loved to score goals. As the seasons went by, he became a complete two way threat, then Ron Wilson was fired, Carlyle came in and he became a 200 ft player.

Players like RNH, Eberle, Hall etc will go through those same pains because they aren't Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin.

If I was the owner of the Oilers, I take out a broom and do a COMPLETE cleaning of the Oilers management. Nobody except McTavish (he can't be judged right now) and possibly Eakins should remain...give them a year and see how they do.

If they fail in 2015, it's time to head into a new direction with a new GM and a new coach (for the last time).

Hall, Eberle, Yakupov, RNH are four great players that just need more time. Compare it to real life...when a teenager faces adversity, he's more likely to think negative.

The Oilers give up a goal and they begin to collapse. I think the Oilers will hit their stride when RNH, Hall, Eberle are 24-25.

Nurse and Klefbom developing, acquiring some quality UFA defenseman will go a long way in turning the Oilers around.

I definitely see a bright future for the Oilers but it might take more time than expected.

It's depressing when opposing fans find more positives than we do.

Unfortunately this team needs to start winning now. There are no excuses this year for not being in the race in March.

It's not even November and we're already talking about McDavid.

Captain Catatomic

SuprstitionCondition
Jun 25, 2013
81 man games lost in 14 games. Injuries have been PLAGUING the team since Laraque left. Somebody please break the Laraque voodoo curse.

Starbuds

You like muscles?
Mar 28, 2010
Some friendly banter before the game started aside, I really think that the Oilers just need a little more time.

Sounds cliche but even top picks in the league cannot be counted upon to win games for you when they are just 21.

Just look at the growth of Kessel as an example. He was an immature, shy 21 year old kid who loved to score goals. As the seasons went by, he became a complete two way threat, then Ron Wilson was fired, Carlyle came in and he became a 200 ft player.

Players like RNH, Eberle, Hall etc will go through those same pains because they aren't Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin.

If I was the owner of the Oilers, I take out a broom and do a COMPLETE cleaning of the Oilers management. Nobody except McTavish (he can't be judged right now) and possibly Eakins should remain...give them a year and see how they do.

If they fail in 2015, it's time to head into a new direction with a new GM and a new coach (for the last time).

Hall, Eberle, Yakupov, RNH are four great players that just need more time. Compare it to real life...when a teenager faces adversity, he's more likely to think negative. As you age, you develop a "defense mechanism" and fight back and overcome adversity.

The Oilers give up a goal and they begin to collapse. I think the Oilers will hit their stride when RNH, Hall, Eberle are 24-25.

Nurse and Klefbom developing, acquiring some quality UFA defenseman will go a long way in turning the Oilers around.

I definitely see a bright future for the Oilers but it might take more time than expected.

You have no idea how often this has been said by visiting forum fans.

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB

Hall, Eberle, Yakupov, RNH are four great players that just need more time. Compare it to real life...when a teenager faces adversity, he's more likely to think negative. As you age, you develop a "defense mechanism" and fight back and overcome adversity.

Thanks. appreciate it. At this point I just hope we are out of the bottom 10 this year. play 500 the rest of the season and call it a victory.

Penalty Kill Icing*

One thing I hope is Eakins doesn't put Hanna/Dubnyk in net Saturday. Bachman is the best option you guys got. I see Bachman, and I see he has a playing style very similar to Reimer's. (Now you may think of this as complement/trolling based on whether you think of Reimer as mediocre or pretty good goalie).

Who was that clown that just said he's excited about the parade route? ****ing Leafs organization and fans are a joke. So are we.

That clown would be Tim Leiweke, president on MLSE. He has also promised major improvements for Raptors, and that Toronto F.C. will make the playoffs next year. :laugh:

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
5u3jly.jpg

LOL.

This deserves more views.

Jean Ralphio

Dec 13, 2008
This season is done. Trade Hemsky, ask Eakins what the hell he's doing with the line match ups, and draft whoever in the top 10.

No point in trading any of the kids as we'll just get fleeced from a position of weakness.

Who do you guys think we should target if we're picking out of the top 2? I'm thinking Willie Nylander. 5'11", 175 lbs. You can never have enough skill wingers. Plus, his dad **** on our team already, drafting him here will be payback of sorts.

KlimasLoveChild

Feb 25, 2012
This isnt even close to a "this year" problem. Ive been saying none of what ails this team has been dubnyk since last year. This team is simply garbage, no if ands or buts. Last year they got good goaltending and were lucky in enough games to be respectable when they really werent. Now the bounces arent really going their way and the goaltending has been weaker...and here we are.

not so fast there...Dubie doesn't get a free pass he was hot garbage to start the year

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Eakins is taking an eternity for his post-game, I hope he's whooping this whole team except Bachman
Eakins has spend up the rebuild by murdering the entire roster. The Oilers will resume play for the 2014-15 season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad