Why are we ****ty, Dad? Because we have to chase the entire Western Conference.

Jean Ralphio

Dec 13, 2008
What, realistically, can MacT do in the next week or so to try and turn this season around? Or is the more realistic outcome that he just sits on the current roster and hopes they turn around themselves?

MetaOil1993

Jun 22, 2012
Edmonton
Well, I think it seems reasonable to keep your best defenseman. He's a solid #3 in my eyes with #2 upside, just takes a lot of **** because he is in over his head at times being our #1 by a mile.

Agreed, If we somehow got a legit top pairing LH d-man to play with him I think he would be okay as a #2 D.

cyril*

"I know more about winning than that Nonis guy!"
article_12218_2.jpg

Dashh

Oct 26, 2013
We honestly only had one decent scoring chance this game I think. Just terrible. Yak played alright tho

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Gagner is -4 tonight and Eakins keeps throwing him on the ice against Kessel. lol?

Remember when RNH got owned by Backstrom all night against Washington and Eakins never made any attempt to change the matchup?

Eakins doesn't do match-up changes

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
What, realistically, can MacT do in the next week or so to try and turn this season around? Or is the more realistic outcome that he just sits on the current roster and hopes they turn around themselves?

It isn't even really about turning the team around.

It's about sending a real message that this travesty isn't acceptable anymore.

Captain Catatomic

SuprstitionCondition
Jun 25, 2013
Great. Pressing hard to get a goal, holding the Leafs in their own end, and who do we send out to sustain the pressure? Ben frickin' Eager. Nice call, coach. And then he gives up the puck, they bring the puck down, and get a faceoff in Edmonton's end. Story of the past...since we drafted Hall.

Edit: that is, we have a line or two of talented players, and then suck everywhere else.

Maybe he thinks the only way to score is by takin out the trash

Neatman

Mar 9, 2011
The saddest thing about this, is that Im actually watching more of the game since they went down 3-0. It's impossible to look away. Think about it.

The players are being paid MILLIONS to solely be good at hockey. They don't have to worry their little heads about anything else.

The coach is being paid solely to coach well. That's it.

The management is being paid solely to put together a team that can compete.

They've come together to produce one of the worst franchises in all of pro-sports history. Absolutely incredible.

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
I like how Stauffer downplays the the hot garbage this team plays like by saying our top 4 LWers are out, as if we were winning with them in.

sync

BECAUSE...REASONS!!!
Aug 1, 2007
this team doesn't compete.

that's the biggest issue and the one that was supposed to be addressed.

will it ever be?

Lewy

May 26, 2011

I'm really getting the feeling that management are just going to sit silently and let this season go. Good thing the "tier 1" fans already paid for their seats.

cyril*

I like how Stauffer downplays the the hot garbage this team plays like by saying our top 4 LWers are out, as if we were winning with them in.

His excuses are the one positive about the Oil playing like ****. Good for a laugh to listen to that shill.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
Well, I think it seems reasonable to keep your best defenseman. He's a solid #3 in my eyes with #2 upside, just takes a lot of **** because he is in over his head at times being our #1 by a mile.

Being over your head doesn't cause you to chase a fwd north of the face off circles while they are on a cycle... And it wouldn't inspire you to flip the puck away up the middle of the ice when off the boards and out would do.

The guy just does not have the head to excel at this level. You guys are all looking at the tools not the results... And after this many years, the results ARE in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad