Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
You keep ignoring me. Can you show me some of Kane’s training and what he brings to the table from a boxing stand point?

I’m not even saying Kane would lose. I’m just thinking that a lot of people are severely overrating Kane because he was named after a boxer and hits a heavy bag in the summer (which like 80% of players do)

I never suggested Kane is actively training for a boxing match. What I said is:

He’s a superior athlete who’s been involved in boxing since he was a kid..

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I never suggested Kane is actively training for a boxing match. What I said is:
So that’s your argument to why he would dismantle Paul? Because he’s been involved in boxing and is a better hockey player?

Eh. I don’t see it that way.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
So that’s your argument to why he would dismantle Paul? Because he’s been involved in boxing and is a better hockey player?

Eh. I don’t see it that way.

I never said better hockey player. I said Superior athlete. This is the second time you misquoted me.

I also went into further details why he would beat Jake Paul in a boxing match.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Great question!

Is Snoop Dog a Rapper, or a fighter...?!:laugh:

I’ve been looking for information (Internet) on this Paul guy, but don’t see much. Never heard of him until this stuff. Never heard of his opponent either. He was a basketball player, and this Paul guy seems like an actor. Seems like this was two guys who really aren’t boxers. If Paul is a boxer, even if he’s not in Kane’s weight class he’d win. If he’s just an actor trying to box, he will get hurt y Kane, especially if there is a weight difference.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
I hope you guys aren't naïve enough t o think Jake Paul is a decent amateur boxer. That fight was all staged, Robinson was the sacrificial lamb. Although, I'm sure he was handsomely paid for looking like an absolute goof out there.

The sad thing is, there are quite a few people who believe so.

Reactions: bert

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I never said better hockey player. I said Superior athlete. This is the second time you misquoted me.

I also went into further details why he would beat Jake Paul in a boxing match.
You said he would legitimately kill Paul, you went on to say he has a better chin, not sure what that’s based off, but ok.

You said Kane has been boxing longer, I mean, sure? I guess. I’m not sure how serious Kane was boxing because there seems to be some myth that Kane is some monster in the ring when he’s not playing hockey.

Paul has been pretty dedicated to strictly boxing over these last few years, he’s got himself into fantastic shape by strictly doing that, too.

Again, I don’t think it’s this slaughter that you think it will be. Kane’s biggest claim is knocking out Matt Cooke, who is a god awful fighter. Paul flatted a dude in a boxing ring Saturday night who was a bad fighter.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
I’ve been looking for information (Internet) on this Paul guy, but don’t see much. Never heard of him until this stuff. Never heard of his opponent either. He was a basketball player, and this Paul guy seems like an actor. Seems like this was two guys who really aren’t boxers. If Paul is a boxer, even if he’s not in Kane’s weight class he’d win. If he’s just an actor trying to box, he will get hurt y Kane, especially if there is a weight difference.

He’s a YouTuber who started training a few years ago. He beat a fellow YouTuber in a boxing match and then beat nate Robinson and now believes he can take on Connor McGregor. (Seriously).
4of75i.jpg

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
I hope you guys aren't naïve enough t o think Jake Paul is a decent amateur boxer. That fight was all staged, Robinson was the sacrificial lamb. Although, I'm sure he was handsomely paid for looking like an absolute goof out there.

Donald Trump won the election too, right?

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
You said he would legitimately kill Paul, you went on to say he has a better chin, not sure what that’s based off, but ok.

You said Kane has been boxing longer, I mean, sure? I guess. I’m not sure how serious Kane was boxing because there seems to be some myth that Kane is some monster in the ring when he’s not playing hockey.

Paul has been pretty dedicated to strictly boxing over these last few years, he’s got himself into fantastic shape by strictly doing that, too.

Again, I don’t think it’s this slaughter that you think it will be. Kane’s biggest claim is knocking out Matt Cooke, who is a god awful fighter. Paul flatted a dude in a boxing ring Saturday night who was a bad fighter.
You don’t know what I mean when I say Kane has a better chin? He’s eaten punches without going down. I doubt Jake can say the same thing.

JP sparring over the last few years doesn’t make him anywhere near the athlete Kane is. I realize the better athlete isn’t always the better boxer, but we’re talking about an NHL player here, not some prima donna baseball player.

These guys play a very physical game, 80+ times a season. When Kane scraps, he goes up against some big boys. He’s not somebody who focuses on beating up undersized guys.

If there was a fight, and Kane had just a few months of training, Jake wouldn’t last very long in the ring against him.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
You don’t know what I mean when I say Kane has a better chin? He’s eaten punches without going down. I doubt Jake can say the same thing.

JP sparring over the last few years doesn’t make him anywhere near the athlete Kane is. I realize the better athlete isn’t always the better boxer, but we’re talking about an NHL player here, not some prima donna baseball player.

These guys play a very physical game, 80+ times a season. When Kane scraps, he goes up against some big boys. He’s not somebody who focuses on beating up undersized guys.

If there was a fight, and Kane had just a few months of training, Jake wouldn’t last very long in the ring against him.
So you’re basing this off nothing of concrete proof? - I mean I’m sure Paul has been tagged a bit in training. I’m not going to just flat out say something like this without truly knowing.

Evander Kane picks his spots on the ice quite a bit actually. Last year he tried jumping Chara, then shit his pants when Chara got back to his feet, he turned away and suddenly didn’t want to fight anymore. He tried fighting a few of the Bruins non fighters before that, so yes, he’s 100% a spot picker a lot of the time.

100% agree with you that he’s a better athlete. I’m just not sure how legit all of this “boxing experience” Evander Kane is. Evander Kane has fought in the NHL, I get it, but there’s a bit of difference on skates, and holding onto a guy in close by his jersey collar than it is in a ring.

Maybe I’ll just disagree with it. I don’t think we’d need an ambulance for Paul after boxing Evander Kane.

Last edited:
Reactions: EdJovanovski

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
So you’re basing this off nothing of concrete proof? - I mean I’m sure Paul has been tagged a bit in training.

Evander Kane picks his spots on the ice quite a bit actually. Last year he tried jumping Chara, then shit his pants when Chara got back to his feet, he turned away and suddenly didn’t want to fight anymore. He tried fighting a few of the Bruins non fighters before that, so yes, he’s 100% a spot picker a lot of the time.

100% agree with you that he’s a better athlete. I’m just not sure how legit all of this “boxing experience” Evander Kane is. Evander Kane has fought in the NHL, I get it, but there’s a bit of difference on skates, and holding onto a guy in close by his jersey collar than it is in a ring.

Maybe I’ll just disagree with it. I don’t think we’d need an ambulance for Paul after boxing Evander Kane.

When you drop your gloves against guys like Chara, Gudbranson, Anderson, and Reaves, you’re not picking your spots. C’mon man.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
So - if I start training again as a hockey player, does that make me an actual hockey player? Or someone who just plays hockey?

Explain to my why the f*** a trained boxer is boxing against a:

1). Inexperienced fighter named anEsonGib who’s a YouTuber, and

2). Inexperienced ex b-ball player Nate Robinson.

Explain that chestnut to me.
If you start training for hockey again and somebody pays you a professional contract, then yes, I'll call you a professional hockey player.

Professional boxers have to turn professional at some point and he started with two undercard glorified exhibition matches against two others who had no professional experience, but whether you like it or not he is now a professional boxer with a 2-0 record and a paid out purse

I'm waiting to see him go against a boxer who has their own built professional record and get whomped, but going against Kane isn't going to legitimize his record anymore or less than the past two guys and he had a decent chance of going 3-0.

Reactions: CanadianSharks

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
When you drop your gloves against guys like Chara, Gudbranson, Anderson, and Reaves, you’re not picking your spots. C’mon man.
When you drop them against Dan Hamhuis, Tanner Pearson, Valentin Zykov, Matt Hunwick, Colin Fraser, Simon Despres, Eric Brewer, you kind of are.

He’s shied away from a lot of the true tough guys.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Kane would totally be the type of guy to bite the other guys ear off during the fight.

Would be a weird twist of fate given his namesake.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Bullshit.

The only fighting you’ve done is here on HF when people call you out over some of the silly things you say.

Jake Paul, has been boxing the last few years. But he’s not a Boxer. If you’ve watched his sparring videos and fights, you’ll notice he has absolutely terrible footwork. He doesn’t box. He just throws haymakers.

That strategy might work against a hobbit YouTuber and a 36 year old bball player who’s giving up 4”. But not against Kane.

I’d actually be willing to bet most NHL players that can hold their own on the ice would wreck Paul with just a few months of training in the ring.

Let’s see Jake Paul take a few punches to the head without gloves, on the ice, against bigger opponents without going down.

Kane has been boxing longer, Training longer, and Fighting longer In his life than Jake. He has better balance, more lower body strength, a better chin, and is a professional athlete that trains year round.

He would decimate Jake Paul in the ring. It wouldn’t even be much of a fight.

Boom haha. This is my favorite post of 2020, agree with all of it.

Yeah, you’re a professional hockey scout who watches every hockey game in North America, Europe, and Russia, while also being a Soccer Pro who knows everything about everyone, a Golf Guru, multiple degrees in physics, history, economics, engineering, and science.

And on top of all that, you’re now a seasoned and experienced fighter, with a Boxing, MMA, and Martial Arts background.

Such a renaissance man you are! You remind me of my uncle. An overweight man who claims to be an expert in everything. :laugh:
Night night.

Last edited:

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
The best part about this discussion was the 28 times I've watched Kane knock Matt Cooke out.

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
If you start training for hockey again and somebody pays you a professional contract, then yes, I'll call you a professional hockey player.

Professional boxers have to turn professional at some point and he started with two undercard glorified exhibition matches against two others who had no professional experience, but whether you like it or not he is now a professional boxer with a 2-0 record and a paid out purse

I'm waiting to see him go against a boxer who has their own built professional record and get whomped, but going against Kane isn't going to legitimize his record anymore or less than the past two guys and he had a decent chance of going 3-0.

So you’re saying if Kim Kardashian fights Nicki Minaj and wins while making money that makes her a pro boxer? Get out of here with that lol. The only reason he made any money or that these fights even happened is cause he’s a celebrity, not his boxing talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad