• Jake Paul

• Evander Kane

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yackiberg8

Mar 11, 2016
Halifax
Hilarious how he fights two UFC guys who were almost exclusively wrestlers and now everybody thinks he's a world class boxer?? :laugh:

Put him in against a guy like Gaetjhe, Chandler, Diaz, etc. and he'd get obliterated inside a minute. I'd say Conor, but the business side of Conor would take over and he'd drag it out, just like Floyd did with Logan.
You don’t have to be an amazing boxer to beat Evander Kane.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Can't say as I have ever seen him box but if he's half decent he'd beat most NHL fighters. Most NHL fighters are not very good. That said I guess we'd have to see them on solid ground because ice tactics are completely different, so maybe some are better than they look?

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Hilarious how he fights two UFC guys who were almost exclusively wrestlers and now everybody thinks he's a world class boxer?? :laugh:

Put him in against a guy like Gaetjhe, Chandler, Diaz, etc. and he'd get obliterated inside a minute. I'd say Conor, but the business side of Conor would take over and he'd drag it out, just like Floyd did with Logan.

I agree the best standup guys in the UFC would wreck Paul, but...

Paul > Woodley > Kane > Askren

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Jake paul hands down, everyone saying he needs to fight a real boxer at this point is just mad he is the guy proving everyone wrong

Ya I was a doubter but he’s proving to be a legitimately decent boxer. He seems to be taking it seriously, and while you can question some of his opponents I think wrecking Woodley shows something. He’s well ahead of Kane at this point (would change my vote)- would love to see him vs a real boxer just to see how good he actually is. Friggin goofer as a YouTube personality and he seems dumb as hell, but I’ve no problem with him actually seeming to have a passion for boxing.

Orange Fanta

Jun 22, 2016
Ya I was a doubter but he’s proving to be a legitimately decent boxer. He seems to be taking it seriously, and while you can question some of his opponents I think wrecking Woodley shows something. He’s well ahead of Kane at this point (would change my vote)- would love to see him vs a real boxer just to see how good he actually is. Friggin goofer as a YouTube personality and he seems dumb as hell, but I’ve no problem with him actually seeming to have a passion for boxing.
No doubt, at first I thought it was a joke and he would get clowned, people thought robinson would win and those same people turned around and made excuses, if wants to be considered a great boxer though he has to step into the ring with pros in his weight class but to me he's proven he has legitimate ring skill that warrants him a shot at working up the ladder. He seems driven enough to make noise and even challenge for the belt, no one has to agree with that but he's not some joke putting on a circus act.

Rengorlex

Aug 25, 2021
At this point Jake Paul would clown anyone without extensive combat sports training/experience. And hockey fights don't qualify.

EhlersChin

Aug 23, 2017
J Paul is competent and knows what fights to take. Older and smaller bodies are on his menu. Would like to see him step up to A Ogogo callout. Ogogo hasn't put on the gloves in yrs.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
The Reason Kane would be Interesting compared to most NHL fighters is his dad is a boxing coach I believe and has done a ton of training in his life.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Not really comparing talent, more so saying that both guys are selectively picking opponents below their level to bide them time and development with extra camps. Both are arguably weight bullies as well, but JP to a greater degree.

Jake's obviously not a pro level boxer and would get bodied by any ranked boxer, but it's funny watching the goal posts get moved. The MMA community legitimately believed T-Wood would kill him in the first fight, but now it's "beat a boxer in your weight class". He could realistically beat Tommy who's as vanilla and raw as a boxer gets.

I like what both guys are doing to be honest.
Building their brand, getting paid of promotions/clothing/brand deal etc while getting their experience in.

I agree they may choose based on style advantages but both would be silly to abandon what has gotten them this far.

O'Malley can likely only fight one more unranked (outside top 10) fighter as he's ranked 12th right now.
The next fight should be Munhoz or Morales, both stand up fighters who prefer to stay upright.
And if he wins that, he should rematch Vera and then start his attack inside the top 6-7 guys

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad