• Jake Paul

• Evander Kane

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Evander Kane is a fake tough guy. The height of his career was beating up another fake tough guy in Matt Cooke. Unless he got to train for a year before the fight, his boxing skills are very likely lacking compared to a guy who has been training for years now, and recently with a boxer like Sugar Shane Moseley. Jake Paul is infinitely hatable but that doesn't mean he'd be beaten in a ring by some fake tough guy hockey player who doesn't train in boxing.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
So you’re saying if Kim Kardashian fights Nicki Minaj and wins while making money that makes her a pro boxer? Get out of here with that lol. The only reason he made any money or that these fights even happened is cause he’s a celebrity, not his boxing talent.
I mean, I think the California State Athletic Commission has a better sense of that stuff than I do, so if they sanctioned it, I guess so!

Celebrity amateur and exhibition matches happen all the time that make money and aren't professional records. A sanctioning sporting body was happy with both these bouts qualifying as professional.

Last edited:

Larry Hanson

Aug 1, 2020
Seth Jones father was an NBA player and basketball coach, he grew up around it, therefore he could beat a college player easily. Am I doing this right?

Seriously, Kane has 5 years and 32M left on his contract, no way he gets in the ring with a chance to lose that. No way the Sharks allow it. If he isn't willing to risk his career and that contract then he shouldn't be challenging anyone.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
Seth Jones father was an NBA player and basketball coach, he grew up around it, therefore he could beat a college player easily. Am I doing this right?

Seriously, Kane has 5 years and 32M left on his contract, no way he gets in the ring with a chance to lose that. No way the Sharks allow it. If he isn't willing to risk his career and that contract then he shouldn't be challenging anyone.

More like Seth Jones is a professional athlete who’s dad was a NBA player and coach, so therefore he could beat the guy who started playing 2 years ago at his local YMCA.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
If I’m reading this correctly, Paul has fought a couple of 5’7 youtubers with no boxing record, and a 5’9 basketball player with no boxing record? A 6 inch reach advantage is massive with boxing. Give me the guy who’s bigger, stronger, more athletic, has had more fights, has a much longer boxing history, etc. Kane would beat the shit out of him

wabagee

Nov 24, 2014
Evander Kane is a fake tough guy. The height of his career was beating up another fake tough guy in Matt Cooke. Unless he got to train for a year before the fight, his boxing skills are very likely lacking compared to a guy who has been training for years now, and recently with a boxer like Sugar Shane Moseley. Jake Paul is infinitely hatable but that doesn't mean he'd be beaten in a ring by some fake tough guy hockey player who doesn't train in boxing.
He more just plain fake guy.

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
Evander Kane got shit kicked by a bouncer in Winnipeg and and whined like a baby back b with a itch when Buff threw his clothes in the shower . He ain't beating anyone up but his mouth will flap at a hundred mile a hour telling you how tough he is .

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
If he had 3 months to train, and fully train - 3 hours a day in the ring 5 days a week - maybe Kane could make it interesting, but waltzing into the ring tomorrow he gets jacked early.

There's probably 20 guys who are better fighters than Kane. A guy like Reaves who's nails would stand a far better chance.

There's a lot more to the sweet science than the 'lol Kane is bigger so he's gonna win!' crowd seem to think.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
People are vastly overstating Paul's experience and his actual boxing skills. Whatever training and experience Paul has shows that he's not at all even novice level good. Kane could reach that level in a week of poor training because Paul's skills and training have led him to be trash in the ring at the basics.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
What experience does he have?
The only people who honestly believe Paul would win are:

1). Know-it-all Millennials Who’ve never actually followed professional boxing.

2). Know-it-all Millennials Who think they understand boxing mechanics.

3). Know-it-all Millennials who watch more soap operas than Hockey or Boxing.

4). Know-it-all Millennials that believe a YouTuber is a legit boxer after a couple years of sparring.

5). Know-it-all Millennials that fail to realize how conditioned NHL players are.

6). Know-it-all Millennials that neglect to realize how difficult it is to square up against NHL heavyweights in a bare-knuckle fight and hold their own.

7). Know-it-all Millennials that believe beating up this guy:

E1AD9FAD-5DC1-4A75-999A-B7206725CE61.jpeg

Makes you a legitimate boxer capable of beating a hard-nosed NHL athlete who has an extensive boxing background and SUPERIOR conditioning.

You kids are straight up f***ing jokes. Labeling a dumbass YouTuber as a boxer. Shame on y’all.

Assuming either Paul Brother is a legit boxer is asinine, and an absolute insult to the real boxing community who have invested decade(s) of their lives committing countless hours learning the sport.

Again -were not talking about baseball or volleyball players here. We’re talking about a grizzled NHL vet who has proven he has the chin to take bare knuckles punches without faltering, an extensive boxing background, and the superior overall conditioning.

But... It’s hard arguing with kids nowadays. You guys see a couple of YouTube videos and you’re like, “OMG LOOK AT HIS MUSCLES AND TATOOS, HES SO STRONG, HE CAN BEAT ANYBODY IN A BOXING MATCH :dainty: :heart:

Reactions: newfy

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
People are vastly overstating Paul's experience and his actual boxing skills. Whatever training and experience Paul has shows that he's not at all even novice level good. Kane could reach that level in a week of poor training because Paul's skills and training have led him to be trash in the ring at the basics.

I’m actually curious to hear what it is about Paul’s boxing game that holds him back from being even novice level good. I don’t know much about analyzing boxers so I have no idea what to look for.

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
The mob would make Kane lose. Probably not in as humiliating of a fashion as that last bout though.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State

4). Know-it-all Millennials that believe a YouTuber is a legit boxer after a couple years of sparring.

5). Know-it-all Millennials that fail to realize how conditioned NHL players are.

6). Know-it-all Millennials that neglect to realize how difficult it is to square up against NHL heavyweights in a bare-knuckle fight and hold their own.

View attachment 377860

Makes you a legitimate boxer capable of beating a hard-nosed NHL athlete who has an extensive boxing background and SUPERIOR conditioning.

You kids are straight up f***ing jokes. Labeling a dumbass YouTuber as a boxer. Shame on y’all.

Assuming either Paul Brother is a legit boxer is asinine, and an absolute insult to the real boxing community who have invested decade(s) of their lives committing countless hours learning the sport.

Again -were not talking about baseball or volleyball players here. We’re talking about a grizzled NHL vet who has proven he has the chin to take bare knuckles punches without faltering, an extensive boxing background, and the superior overall conditioning.

But... It’s hard arguing with kids nowadays. You guys see a couple of YouTube videos and you’re like, “OMG LOOK AT HIS MUSCLES AND TATOOS, HES SO STRONG, HE CAN BEAT ANYBODY IN A BOXING MATCH :dainty: :heart:
I’m not a millennial and I think Paul will KO Kane in 1st round!

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
I mean, I think the California State Athletic Commission has a better sense of that stuff than I do, so if they sanctioned it, I guess so!

Celebrity amateur and exhibition matches happen all the time that make money and aren't professional records. A sanctioning sporting body was happy with both these bouts qualifying as professional.
*cough* mob involvement *cough*

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
I’m not a millennial and I think Paul will KO Kane in 1st round!
OMG.

You’re Generation Z. Even worse! :laugh:

You go drink your Venti triple soy decaf latte with almond milk and leave the hockey talk to us hairy, meat eating cavemen ;)

Still waiting for that ‘21 CHEL challenge bud! :cf:

Reactions: EdJovanovski

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
Corruption exists, sure, but I can't see the mob lining up to stage Jake Paul fights :laugh:
How old are you? If you’re older than me I can see why you’d think Jake Paul is some bozo clown, but he’s one of the most famous Internet personalities of the last decade. And if any sport was about to be pimped out, it was boxing, which has been becoming less and less popular with each passing generation.

Although after covid who knows. Maybe the NHL will just turn into different players fighting Jake Paul cardboard cutouts at centre ice if they figure anything out.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014

View attachment 377860

You do realize that millenials started in the early 80s and ended around 95.
Making the youngest millennial around 25.
I'm pretty sure most millenials don't know who this Jake Paul person is

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Sparing and training with his father/family almost his entire life. Actually having been in fights and knowing how to take a punch and knowing he is capable of it.
Sure. Hockey fights are a lot different than boxing.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic

View attachment 377860

Dude, you're way too worked up over this.

Take a step back, grab a glass of orange juice, maybe an Eggo.

You're going off calling people "kids" and "jokes" because some of them don't agree with you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->