Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
I say this from having been in all those types of fights, and having done many different types of fighting training throughout my childhood.

Bullshit.

The only fighting you’ve done is here on HF when people call you out over some of the silly things you say.

Jake Paul, has been boxing the last few years. But he’s not a Boxer. If you’ve watched his sparring videos and fights, you’ll notice he has absolutely terrible footwork. He doesn’t box. He just throws haymakers.

That strategy might work against a hobbit YouTuber and a 36 year old bball player who’s giving up 4”. But not against Kane.

I’d actually be willing to bet most NHL players that can hold their own on the ice would wreck Paul with just a few months of training in the ring.

Let’s see Jake Paul take a few punches to the head without gloves, on the ice, against bigger opponents without going down.

Kane has been boxing longer, Training longer, and Fighting longer In his life than Jake. He has better balance, more lower body strength, a better chin, and is a professional athlete that trains year round.

He would decimate Jake Paul in the ring. It wouldn’t even be much of a fight.

saluki

Nov 18, 2017
Who here has taken a punch from a trained boxer? For those who haven't - its a much bigger wallop than you can imagine.

It's not like getting hit in a bar fight. Boxers maximize their punching power and can easily damage an unprepared individual.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Suggesting Jake Paul is a trained boxer is absolutely hilarious :laugh::laugh::laugh:
is Kane?

I'm not saying Paul is a good boxer or anything, but lets not act like Evander Kane is an experienced boxer.

One thing Paul has shown is that he has solid power. He legit flat lined a dude Saturday night.

Last edited:

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
is Kane?

I'm not saying Paul is a good boxer or anything, but lets not act like Evander Kane is an experienced boxer.

One thing Paul has shown is that he has solid power. He legit flat lined a dude Saturday night.
Just because you’ve knocked someone out, doesn’t make you a boxer or fighter.
JealousCoolDowitcher-size_restricted.gif

Did you actually watch the fight against Robinson? He literally didn’t know wtf he was doing. It’s easy knocking out someone with no experience.

Kane would literally wreck him. The only chance Jake Paul has is hoping one of his haymakers would connect. That’s it.

Incognito

Oct 18, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
if it's a boxing match, i might think it would be even. if MMA, then Paul takes it.

Really? I can't see this at all. Kane is bigger, stronger, and a lot more athletic than Jake Paul. I'm pretty sure Kane would beat the ever loving shit out of him in a street fight or in MMA. In a boxing match though, Paul may be able to outpoint Kane. It depends on how current Evander is with his training.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Just because you’ve knocked someone out, doesn’t make you a boxer or fighter.
JealousCoolDowitcher-size_restricted.gif

Did you actually watch the fight against Robinson? He literally didn’t know wtf he was doing. It’s easy knocking out someone with no experience.

Kane would literally wreck him. The only chance Jake Paul has is hoping one of his haymakers would connect. That’s it.
I did. I don't think he's very good. I've said that... He does however have punching power.

Is Kane a trained boxer? I'd give a few guys in the NHL an edge over Kane when it comes to boxing.

Both guys love the attention, though.

Last edited:

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
I did. I don't think he's very good. I've said that... He does however have punching power.

A fat slob could have punching power as well, but if he can’t connect it doesn’t mean shit.

Jake Paul kept missing and missing his punches against puny YouTuber Ail and Nate.

Is Kane a trained boxer?

He’s a superior athlete who’s been involved in boxing since he was a kid.

There’s a reason Jake Paul is fighting nobodies.

Reactions: bert

bov

Nov 13, 2010
I think people are both underrating Paul and overrating Kane. The latter can throw hands on the ice but he doesn't tend to fare well against other tough guys even in his own sport. While I don't know about Jake Paul's acumen, his brother Logan was a fairly high level wrestler and was a called a "legit combat athlete" by former UFC fighter Urijah Faber. On top of having some athleticism in the bloodlines, Jake has now (presumably) trained somewhat extensively for several bouts and knows what its like to be in the ring for rounds on end in front of a large audience.

I have little to no respect for either of these people but I think Jake Paul would give him a beating. First couple rounds may be close but Paul's deeper into the boxing game, think Kane would slow down and find a way out eventually.

Reactions: Trueblue30

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Bullshit.

The only fighting you’ve done is here on HF when people call you out over some of the silly things you say.

Jake Paul, has been boxing the last few years. But he’s not a Boxer. If you’ve watched his sparring videos and fights, you’ll notice he has absolutely terrible footwork. He doesn’t box. He just throws haymakers.

That strategy might work against a hobbit YouTuber and a 36 year old bball player who’s giving up 4”. But not against Kane.

I’d actually be willing to bet most NHL players that can hold their own on the ice would wreck Paul with just a few months of training in the ring.

Let’s see Jake Paul take a few punches to the head without gloves, on the ice, against bigger opponents without going down.

Kane has been boxing longer, Training longer, and Fighting longer In his life than Jake. He has better balance, more lower body strength, a better chin, and is a professional athlete that trains year round.

He would decimate Jake Paul in the ring. It wouldn’t even be much of a fight.

And who are you? How would you know? You call me a liar because you disagree with my opinion to this hypothetical question. Seems like a very strong accusation for no gain.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
A fat slob could have punching power as well, but if he can’t connect it doesn’t mean shit.

Jake Paul kept missing and missing his punches against puny YouTuber Ail and Nate.

He’s a superior athlete who’s been involved in boxing since he was a kid.

There’s a reason Jake Paul is fighting nobodies.

Ok, cool. Awesome.

“Punching power doesn’t mean shit” - Tell that to buddy who went night night on Saturday. I bet he’d probably argue that one with ya.

Can you show me some of Kane’s training so I can see what he brings? I could name a dozen or so guys in the NHL that would walk Kane like a dog in a fight. This guy isn’t the second coming of Mike Tyson.

Last edited:

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
And who are you? How would you know? You call me a liar because you disagree with my opinion to this hypothetical question. Seems like a very strong accusation for no gain.
Yeah, you’re a professional hockey scout who watches every hockey game in North America, Europe, and Russia, while also being a Soccer Pro who knows everything about everyone, a Golf Guru, multiple degrees in physics, history, economics, engineering, and science.

And on top of all that, you’re now a seasoned and experienced fighter, with a Boxing, MMA, and Martial Arts background.

Such a renaissance man you are! You remind me of my uncle. An overweight man who claims to be an expert in everything. :laugh:

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Ok, cool. Awesome.

Can you show me some of Kane’s training so I can see what he brings? I could name a dozen or so guys in the NHL that would walk Kane like a dog in a fight. This guy isn’t the second coming of Mike Tyson.

Did I make any claim that Kane is the best fighter in the league? Or even one of the better fighters?

No. No I didn’t.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
So uh...Jake should just accept because Evander has to back down anyways. I mean there's no way there's a hole in his schedule so big that it could fit an 8 week camp. And even if there was, no NHL team would let Kane do this. I wish I was wrong, but I kinda don't think so.

As far as the fight itself, I mean Kane has the boxing background which will help a lot. And hockey players train boxing over the offseason, but it's much more geared around improving hockey performance than improving boxing performance. So he's not bad, presumably, he's familiar with the feeling of gloves and pads. Jake will have maybe somewhat of a technical advantage. Evander will have, I think, a not insignificant reach advantage. So much we don't know as well, like what is Jake's walking weight, does he do a water cut or does he just diet. Kane will probably water cut to cruiserweight so Kane could conceivably step in the right like pounds heavier.

I would really love this to be a just bleed war. I really would. I think this would be a boring fight though. I think they'd both be kinda afraid of each other, Paul because Kane is a bit longer, a bit quicker, and Kane because Paul has some power and somewhat better training. Feels embarrassing to say that, he has nothing approaching eraser power but if he lands a couple times cleanly in a row, you won't be as rational as you were at the start of the fight. They'd probably dance around to a draw.

I mean, it'd be a cool storyline. I'd totally dig the whole "poor boy growing up returns to his roots, trains with his father for fight of a lifetime against the undefeated celebrity champ" storyline, even if it was 110% manufactured.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Did I make any claim that Kane is the best fighter in the league? Or even one of the better fighters?

No. No I didn’t.
You keep ignoring me. Can you show me some of Kane’s training and what he brings to the table from a boxing stand point?

I’m not even saying Kane would lose. I’m just thinking that a lot of people are severely overrating Kane because he was named after a boxer and hits a heavy bag in the summer (which like 80% of players do)

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Yeah, you’re a professional hockey scout who watches every hockey game in North America, Europe, and Russia, while also being a Soccer Pro who knows everything about everyone, a Golf Guru, multiple degrees in physics, history, economics, engineering, and science.

And on top of all that, you’re now a seasoned and experienced fighter, with a Boxing, MMA, and Martial Arts background.

Such a renaissance man you are! You remind me of my uncle. An overweight man who claims to be an expert in everything. :laugh:

Maybe that’s your own projection, and you are self conscious.

I know it’s popular on this website to make fun of other posters, assuming everyone is 400 pounds with a neck beard and glasses living in their parents basement, but that’s not all of us. And if that was someone, who the f*** are you to call people a liar over things you have no clue about?

That takes major arrogance, so as far as I’m concerned, this discussion will end here. I have no time for some stranger on the internet to persist in calling me a liar about things they wouldn’t have a clue about.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
He may not be a good boxer, but suggesting he's not a trained boxer is just... odd, when his training is pretty well documented and all over the internet
So - if I start training again as a hockey player, does that make me an actual hockey player? Or someone who just plays hockey?

Explain to my why the f*** a trained boxer is boxing against a:

1). Inexperienced fighter named anEsonGib who’s a YouTuber, and

2). Inexperienced ex b-ball player Nate Robinson.

Explain that chestnut to me.

Last edited:

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
I hope you guys aren't naïve enough t o think Jake Paul is a decent amateur boxer. That fight was all staged, Robinson was the sacrificial lamb. Although, I'm sure he was handsomely paid for looking like an absolute goof out there.

Reactions: bert
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad