Who should stay, who should go.

Select each person you want to remain on the roster next year.

• Total voters

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
Giroux
Couturier
Voracek
Konecny
Patrick
Laughton
Lindblom
Provorov
Gostisbehere
Sanheim

The rest can **** off

this pretty much. except i think i would rather have Raffl over Laughton.

every other player should be traded/waived/or not resigned.

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
Dave Hakstol
Gord Murphy
Ian Laperriere
Jori Lehtera
Brandon Manning
Bill Clement
Valtteri Filppula

Those are the names I want gone this summer.

This feels like Arya Stark's hit list.

And I approve.

arya-stark-coin-murder-the-hound-orange-is-the-new-black.gif

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
Voracek was the team's best forward for the first ~1/3rd of the season and was the team's leading scorer until mid-February. He likely would've kept pace with Giroux, but he had to play with two rookies and one of those didn't even make their NHL debut until late February. He still finished with 85 points. Yes, he had a terrible playoffs. No, he is not replaceable or overpaid. Schenn and Simmonds are both easily replaceable, losing Voracek would hurt this team big time.

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
Giroux - Couturier - Konecny
Lindblom - Patrick - Voracek
Raffl - Frost/Voro/UFA - Simmonds
Laughton - Lehtera - NAK

Provorov-Gostisbehere
Sanheim - Gudas
Morin - MacDonald

Who knows.

That’s my best guess now. I’m not sure why, but I don’t get the sense the organization is in for a major shakeup this summer, so I’m adjusting my expectations accordingly.

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
jake has had 2 really good years once 81 points the year of his expiring contract and this year 85 points the other years here he was between about 50 and 60 points. i don't think you can count on him to score 80 to 85 points every year because he did this year. if they keep him i hope he does repeat what he did scoring wise this year but i doubt he does.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
He's a good player, but not a great player, scoring is only one part of the game.
Voracek isn't much of a back checker, he'll forecheck chasing the puck, but won't do it consistently.
He makes a lot of mindfart mistakes that a veteran shouldn't be making on a regular basis.

I'd move him for a 22-24 year old RW who can skate, shoot, play a two way game, and some draft picks.
I'd be looking for a kid with upside who's buried on a deep team, who could blossom on the right side of Couts or Patrick.
There's always a GM who'll trade potential for a big "name."

phil-kessel-nhl-ottawa-senators-toronto-maple-leafs1.jpg

Cootsfanclub

For Oskar!
Mar 29, 2013
I like Read on a dirt cheap contract to be the 13th forward. He was playing a lot better than last year and makes a good partner for Coots on the PK.

Reactions: Garbage Goal

Alex K

Apr 20, 2016
Earth
I think the question should be: "players you expect to remain on the roster next season." Cause there's a lot of players I want to leave but for obvious reasons we can't move them all.

Players I expect to leave 100%:
Reed, Oduya, Manning, Mrázek cause their contracts are expiring and there's no sense to bring them back.

Since we don't have any troubles with the salary cap there's no need to buy out Weise and Lethera's contracts, but it's very unlikely we'll see them on the lineup. Weise probably will be sent to LV, Lethera's gonna be a healthy scratch or also sent down the minors.

Also we have a vacant 3C spot so we either have to get someone from UFA's market or re-sign Filppula. As I already said I wouldn't go all-in on Frost and Laughton. We need some depth at center.

Defence will likely look like: Provy, Ghost, Sanheim, AMac, Gudas, Hagg, Morin.

Goalie market is pretty weak this year so we're likely gonna go with the same tandem.

And of course there's always a trade possibility at the draft. As I also said I don't expect Simmer to be traded but who knows.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I want @Captain Dave Poulin to re-do the Layla scene in Goodfellas with some of those guys faces photoshopped in there.

It would be a lot easier to do that if I were, say, offered a cat-sitting job somewhere cold and could sit around crafting nonsense in Photoshop while I cuddled someone's cats, rather than throwing darts at a map of the world and trying to decide where to move next and whether or not I can tolerate teaching conversation classes again. Still, I will probably do it eventually lol just be patient. ;)

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Addition by subtraction: let everyone not signed now walk in the summer, fill the roster with what we already have in the fold. NAK, Myers, Morin maybe Vorobey could make this team better next year.

Hakroach

Veteran Presence
Jan 4, 2005
Helsinki
Went with:
Filppula
Read
Lehterä
Weise
MacDonald
Manning
Gudas
+Oduya
Elliott
Neuvirth
Mrazek

We only need veteran presence. Three goalies to keep their workload more balanced and to avoid streakiness. Three goalies also serve as a security in case of injuries. Recall Lyon or Stolarz when one of the three gets injured.

Fire everyone else.

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
Giroux-Couturier-Konecny
Lindblom-Patrick-Voracek
Laughton-XXX-XXX
Leier-XXX-Raffl

Provorov-Gostisbehere
Sanheim-XXX
XXX-Gudas

XXX
Neuvirth

I could put NAK to 3RW/4RW and Myers to D.

BackWithaVengeance

Jan 19, 2008
Germany
Giroux - Couturier - Konecny
Lindblom - Patrick - Voracek
Raffl - Frost/Voro/UFA - Simmonds
Laughton - Lehtera - NAK

Provorov-Gostisbehere
Sanheim - Gudas
Morin - MacDonald

Who knows.

That’s my best guess now. I’m not sure why, but I don’t get the sense the organization is in for a major shakeup this summer, so I’m adjusting my expectations accordingly.

I am at the point where I prefer AMac over Gudas.

I'd rather see Radko traded (if the offer justifies it).

Why? Because my expectations for MacD have always been low. He can't dissapoint me.

Gudas really did. What a horrible season he has put on.

Last edited:

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
Voracek should 100% stay.

He is incredibly valuable. He had a rough series, but you won't replace him if you get rid of him.

I would love to see him in a new system.
That’s the number one thing I wan to see for everyone on this team: a better coach.

I don’t consider Voracek irreplaceable in the long term but now isn’t the time to be moving him. This need team needs more good players not less.

The other issue is the return. You are not getting a younger cheaper version of him plus picks. Teams hold onto the younger cheaper versions of good players because of the cap. The team would likely be getting picks and prospects and probably not the elite level prospects since teams also hold onto to those for cap reasons. So the ability for this team to compete for a cup is pushed further down the line.

Icedog2735

Aug 19, 2006
Stratford, CT
I am at the point where I prefer AMac over Gudas.

I'd rather see Radko traded (if the offer justifies it).

Why? Because my expectations for MacD have always been low. He can't dissapoint me.

Gudas really did. What a horrible season he put on.
I definitely agree with this ... and my opinion goes way beyond the horrible game Gudas had yesterday.

Reactions: BackWithaVengeance

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Mac Donald has had a solid second half of the season and playoffs.
Gudas turned invisible after the suspension and then became a liability in the playoffs with his flawed puck handling and turnovers.

Reactions: BackWithaVengeance

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad