Who should stay, who should go.

Select each person you want to remain on the roster next year.

• Total voters

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
The bottom six should be completely open for competition. Only guys that are locks are Raffl and Laughton. Give an actual chance to guys like NAK, Kase, Martel, Laczynski, Frost, Vorobyov, etc. Same with Myers and Morin on defense. Please God, don't start Sanheim in the AHL, which I can totally see happening. Outside of that, I'd trade Simmonds and that's about it. No need to trade for a center just yet, wait a year and see how the young guys do. If you still need a 3C at that time, they have plenty of assets. Just stay the course and bring in some young energy with scoring upside at the bottom of the lineup.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I'm ready to move on from the same players as most of you, but after this series, I really want to see Voracek traded.
Coming off a big season he still has value, but I don't see him as anything more than a 3rd line winger on a championship caliber team.
So sell high.

And Laughton should only return as a LW, he's just not a NHL caliber center.

Reactions: JXC and tymed

magnumpi

Roger got goofy with Cancer
Apr 22, 2018
in an ideal world, where you have a coach that doesn't have a bias against young players I would be fine keeping mcdonald, lehtera, weisse, Gudas (am i missing another scrub signed through next season?). I'd rather accept the cap space hit for next season in anticipation of future cap benefits/ However, we know Hakstol will favor those 4 scrubs over young players like patrick, konecny, lindblom, ssanheim, ghost, morin, nak, maybe frost/myers. Hextall is forced to remove all of his toys if we want to move forward.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Flyers were starting 5 players 21 or younger this season, what bias?
NJ benched Bratt, do they have a bias?
Guentzel wasn't "handed" anything, he earned his spot, same way Lindblom next year will start all year and the playoffs at the same age (22) if his play merits it.

If a young player is good enough to play, they'll play.
But playing a young player who isn't ready is stupid, you don't learn that way, you become another failed prospect who bounces around.

Reactions: renberg

flyguy

Sean Cubeturier
Dec 28, 2004
Anchorage, Alaska
I would honestly consider trading Voracek. He's gotten a bit stale on me. I know he's good for a string of big games every now and then, and can put up points, but his game doesn't translate well in the playoffs, in my opinion. How many low chance, cross ice passes can you try before doing something different? And when he's snakebitten, he's too much in his own head to be effective.

Unless there was an injury we didn't know about, I was very disappointed with Jake's performance this series. He's supposed to be the 2nd most talented forward on this team.

Reactions: tymed and renberg

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
Honestly some trash needs to be thrown out, first and foremost Dick Beet and Lappy need to go, I believe Gudas is cooked guy was horrendous today, Flip can go pound sand, this team needs a coach who embraces youth and can actually fine tune an actual NHL line-up

Reactions: maytropolees

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
How can you sit their straight faces and say " if a young player is good enough, they'll play",
When we just had probably our 3rd best defenseman watch the game in a suit from the box.

You're a f***ing trip man. At this point, I really do believe you're just trolling. Theres no way anyone can be that dumb or ignorant.

Reactions: Vikke

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Sanheim may be our 2nd most talented defenseman (someday), but he was meh in the playoffs and certainly didn't bring a physical presence.
Benching him had no impact one way or another.

Reactions: JXC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->