Who should stay, who should go.

Select each person you want to remain on the roster next year.

• Total voters

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Read was the 14th forward this year and ended up playing more playoff games than Lindblom.

You have to take away Haks options or he will continually choose veteran dreck over youthful skill.

Bye Read.

He's always going to do that, because in his mind, he and ma and pa and the blind one are nestled around a fire in a little house on the prairie. That's exactly how modern he is. Copernicus shat turds that had more modern thinking (and a higher intellect) than your guy Jeff, and Copernicus died in ****ing 1543.

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
yep
he's got 8 points in his last 20 playoff games [3 goals]
that's something like a 33 point over 82 games pace, frustrating
I'm not looking at him for his quantitative successes but his qualitative ones. I get frustrated with him but rarely voice it as he is the least of my complaints with this team.

I can see how fans get frustrated tho. Just like if you have a smart dog and they shit on the floor - its more frustrating than when the dumb dog does it bc you expect more from them.

Reactions: JXC

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
If we're keeping goalies, which I assume we are, I think we should trade one of Elliot or Neuvirth for literally anything and re-sign Mrazek. In a perfect world we trade both Elliot and Neuvirth, re-sign Mrazek to like two years and have Stolie as backup

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
If we're keeping goalies, which I assume we are, I think we should trade one of Elliot or Neuvirth for literally anything and re-sign Mrazek. In a perfect world we trade both Elliot and Neuvirth, re-sign Mrazek to like two years and have Stolie as backup

Why would you want to love through two more years of Mrazek? Mrazek may steal a few saves (that he shouldn't need to steal, due to poor positioning), but hell balance it out with poor goals.

At least with Eliott we can plan around his consistent mediocrness.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
39 for Gudas
34 for Simmonds

WTF//// I know most have soured on Simmonds but sweet jesus really?

Why does this surprise you?

Gudas has been garbage for most of the season and Simmonds main PP role was lost to a 19yo rookie.

dingbathero

No Jam? How about PB
Jul 14, 2010
St. John's, NL
Why does this surprise you?

Gudas has been garbage for most of the season and Simmonds main PP role was lost to a 19yo rookie.

I still see Simmonds as someone who can contribute more so than a Gudas - Simmonds (while an off year) still has somehthing to add - may only be on the PP, but we have seen when he has line mates that he can work with, he is effective 5v5.

I believe Simmonds will be better next year (as was the case with Giroux last year) as something was off.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I still see Simmonds as someone who can contribute more so than a Gudas - Simmonds (while an off year) still has somehthing to add - may only be on the PP, but we have seen when he has line mates that he can work with, he is effective 5v5.

For me personally, it's not about wanting to cast off Simmonds. It's about getting a return for him and not extending him. I dont dislike Simmonds, but unless hes willing to take a cheap contract (he shouldnt), I'd like to see him go this summer.

dingbathero

No Jam? How about PB
Jul 14, 2010
St. John's, NL
For me personally, it's not about wanting to cast off Simmonds. It's about getting a return for him and not extending him. I dont dislike Simmonds, but unless hes willing to take a cheap contract (he shouldnt), I'd like to see him go this summer.

I do not disagree - I think Hextall will try to get him back - he wears an "A" and we know how impt the Flyers value that stuff.

If we are trading Simmer it best be for someone who can play right away - f*** more picks unless it's a top pick somewhere. I want to see something on the ice.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013

I believe Simmonds will be better next year (as was the case with Giroux last year) as something was off.

I agree, to an extent. Simmonds should have a better year next year, but we will not be contenders next year with out without Simmonds. He will have a rebound year and want a contract with 5M+ for ~4+ years. I don't want to do that.

Instead we can trade him and get a 1st/young player/prospect that could be a key player for us in ~2-5 years when we are true contenders again.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
Simmonds just flat out isn't a great even strength player and Patrick can already fill his #1 PP role. He was another core piece that was invisible during the playoffs. I'd like to move on from him and recoup any assets possible.

Reactions: VoraceksWristShot

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Why would you want to love through two more years of Mrazek? Mrazek may steal a few saves (that he shouldn't need to steal, due to poor positioning), but hell balance it out with poor goals.

At least with Eliott we can plan around his consistent mediocrness.
All three goalies are inconsistent turds but at their best I think Mrazek is the best. Whether it is Neuvirth/Elliot, Elliot/Neuvirth, Mrazek/Elliot, Elliot/Mrazek, Mrazek/Neuvirth, Nuevirth/Mrazek, or some other combination involving in Stolie, goal is going to be a shitty position. I think if you can trade one (or more) of these boners you can sign Mrazek for two years and recoup the third from next year you're in a better position than just letting him walk and going in with the garbage we had this year.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

Exactly this. I didn't vote for either but I would obviously rather have Simmonds on the Flyers for 18-19 in a vacuum. However, when you consider his contract situation and trade value, it makes sense to move on. I do think he will be better next year, whether it's here or elsewhere. If we trade him, we will probably have so suffer through 1-2 years of people doubting the decision

Reactions: Starat327

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
All three goalies are inconsistent turds but at their best I think Mrazek is the best. Whether it is Neuvirth/Elliot, Elliot/Neuvirth, Mrazek/Elliot, Elliot/Mrazek, Mrazek/Neuvirth, Nuevirth/Mrazek, or some other combination involving in Stolie, goal is going to be a ****ty position. I think if you can trade one (or more) of these boners you can sign Mrazek for two years and recoup the third from next year you're in a better position than just letting him walk and going in with the garbage we had this year.

No chance at all Hextall is going to re-sign Mrazek and lose another draft pick. I think i'd rather have Stolarz as our back-up then go in with Mrazek after what we saw from him.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
No chance at all Hextall is going to re-sign Mrazek and lose another draft pick. I think i'd rather have Stolarz as our back-up then go in with Mrazek after what we saw from him.
In my scenario we would have traded at least one of Elliot or Neuvirth to recoup that third. Even if we don't get a third for whomever we trade, I think the value to the team of Mrazek minus a third (plus whatever we get in trade) is better than Neuvirth/Elliot and a third. Mrazek is no superstar, but I think he's better than what we have. He had ups and downs, which is definitely his biggest problem. But so too do our other options.

I would LOVE Stolie to be the backup on this team next year regardless of who the starter is. I think that was the original plan but his injury effed that up.

MorgantiDrinksBlood

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
Simmonds is gone, there's no reason to keep him Patrick is already better at everything that he does, he looks lost 5v5 and only getting older. Get a solid return that we can put on the ice next year and move forward. If we pay him I'll f***ing vomit.

Reactions: bennysflyers16

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
All three goalies are inconsistent turds but at their best I think Mrazek is the best. Whether it is Neuvirth/Elliot, Elliot/Neuvirth, Mrazek/Elliot, Elliot/Mrazek, Mrazek/Neuvirth, Nuevirth/Mrazek, or some other combination involving in Stolie, goal is going to be a ****ty position. I think if you can trade one (or more) of these boners you can sign Mrazek for two years and recoup the third from next year you're in a better position than just letting him walk and going in with the garbage we had this year.

Mrazek has higher highs but lower lows to me. The range of Elliott’s play is much smaller, imo. I’d take consistent mediocrity over stealing one game just to bomb 2 personally.

Reactions: FlyersMania2

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey

I hope you are right only if he is on another club. I like Simmer but every time he was on the ice it was an adventure. His skating was never his strong suit but it looks painful to me.He is a one trick pony now and a 19 year old has moved him out. Time to move him for a asset.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Mrazek has higher highs but lower lows to me. The range of Elliott’s play is much smaller, imo. I’d take consistent mediocrity over stealing one game just to bomb 2 personally.
Certainly not an unreasonable position to take. We're all in hell until one of Hart, Stolie, or Sandstrom takes over (or if they all fail whomever we can scrounge up in this year's draft maybe???).

Reactions: Starat327

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad