Who should stay, who should go.

Select each person you want to remain on the roster next year.

• Total voters

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Of course Simmonds has value, he's a solid 3 line RW, 27 and 28 ES points the last two seasons, does a good job on the PK.
Not good enough to justify a big extension, but good enough to hold the fort until some young wingers arrive.
If someone makes an offer Ron can't refuse, you move him, but not just to get rid of him.

Flyers are at the end of the rebuild, basically 2018-19 is a transition season where they're good enough to make the playoffs, but the bulk of the young talent is 1-3 years away.
So Simmonds has significant value to the Flyers, say if Frost comes up, having Simmonds on his RW will discourage teams from taking shota at Frost.

Giroux - Couts - TK
Lindblom - Patrick - Voracek
Laughton - Frost - Simmonds
Raffl - Bardreau - NAK
Knight, MV

That would be a pretty solid forward group going into this season, with a loaded LHV team providing injury replacements.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
Ugh, I love the idea of Frost being up. It is pure candy if he could make it out of camp (and play D well enough if he's going to hold down 3C).

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
Also, I get the impression out of Arizona they want to start winning now. A sense of urgency to right the ship next season in a major way. They have a wealth of interesting moves they could make to round out / balance their team. I'd imagine they are open to ideas.

I'm sure Ron does due diligence, but I'm calling them and keeping a communication line open if I'm Hextall. It's a shame they don't have a later 1st pick.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Ugh, I love the idea of Frost being up. It is pure candy if he could make it out of camp (and play D well enough if he's going to hold down 3C).

If he came into camp with a few extra pounds he has a shot. If he came in and played well that would fill a huge hole.

It would be great to have our top-3 centers locked down for the next decade

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad