Who should stay, who should go.

Select each person you want to remain on the roster next year.

• Total voters

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont
I am sure my votes were about par with the rest. I would trad Simmonds just because I don't want to risk his value slipping and I don't want to resign him too long term high cap, which he deserves, and will get.

I also was alright with Read on the 4th line if he wanted to come back for 4th line money.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
@hatcher trolling as usual.

I assume he didn’t know you can see who voted for which each option.

Literally voted for every bad player. I’ll be sure to remember this for the next time you say you don’t troll.
I don't troll. I want the whole team changed. All the young guys stay the rest gone. Coach gone to but that won't change much.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Keep
G
Jake
Coots
Konecny
Patrick
Lindblom
Laughton
Raffl (though he teeters very, very dangerously on the "indifferent" line)
Provorov
Ghost
Sanheim

Indifferent
Simmer (still love him but don't want to risk further decline)
Weal
Leier
Gudas
Elliott
Neuvy

Rest can all **** off.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I don't troll. I want the whole team changed. All the young guys stay the rest gone. Coach gone to but that won't change much.
You just got caught...

You voted to keep Filppula, Weise, Lehtera, MacDonald, etc and to get rid of Couturier, Ghost, Konecny, Patrick, Sanheim, Lindblom.

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
Giroux
Couturier
Voracek
Konecny
Simmonds*
Patrick
Read
Laughton
Lindblom
Raffl
Provorov
MacDonald
Gostisbehere
Sanheim
Gudas*
Neuvirth

*Would move if the right deal came along.

Some of the more unpopular opinions:

Read - Thought the end of the season and playoffs showed that he should have been on the 4th line all year. Wouldn't mind bringing him back as the 13th/14th forward.
MacDonald - Use him as a bottom pairing D and he's OK. We all know about the contract, but I could live with him as the 6th D next year.

Giroux - Couturier - TK
XXX - Patrick - Voracek
Lindblom - XXX - Simmonds
XXX - Laughton - Raffl

Provorov - Ghost
Sanheim - Gudas
XXX - MacDonald

Neuvy/XXX
XXX/Neuvy
Stolarz/Lyon
Hart

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
If you give Hakstol even 1 bad player, he'll play them to death and bench the more talented player. Adds/Subtracts are only as good as the coach.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
You just got caught...

You voted to keep Filppula, Weise, Lehtera, MacDonald, etc and to get rid of Couturier, Ghost, Konecny, Patrick, Sanheim, Lindblom.
I love coots now and you know that. Want g,v, Simmonds gone forsure. Keep the kids and coots and the rest and the coach can f*** off.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
You just got caught...

I might have some players but I wouldn't keep garbage over g,v even though I want them changed. Relax man it's summer time. f*** the flyers till next year.

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
You just got caught...

Occam's razor. He could be trolling; however, the obvious answer is illiteracy and he thought the poll said something else.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I'm not going to shit on Gudas and judge his place on this team b/c of 1 awful game -- and a slight down year for him. He can be better and has been and could be again. That's how rash mistakes are made. He's certainly not immovable though depending.

That said, if he's moved just know that it's so MacDonald and Hagg can play a lot of minutes on the right side presumably. MacDonald is a top pair d-man on this team again, after the wonderful Provorov-Ghost pairing half the year. If this playoffs gave us anything, it's the coaches going into camp looking at MacDonald as a star 1st pair d-man and Ghost becoming a 3rd pairing d-man again. Huzzah. That wasn't a celebratory "huzzah." That's the sound I made vomiting on my laptop.

Reactions: BernieParent

madlee

Mar 7, 2015
According to the buyout calculator on capfriendly if we buy out lehtera thism summer we would be on the hook for 1.6 million cap hit for the next 2 years rather than his 5 million for next year. I would totally be down for that.

According to capfriendly the following is expiring:

5,000,000 - Filppula
3,625,000 - Read
1,000,000 - Oduya
0,975,000 - Manning
2,000,000 - Mrazek
1,500,000 - Umberger

14,100,000 in space opening up...

That leaves:

Giroux
Voracek
Lehtera
Couturier
Simmonds
Weise
Raffl
Weal
Laughton
Patrick
Lindblom
Konecny
Leier

MacDonald
Gostisbehere
Gudas
Hagg
Provorov
Sanheim

Elliot
Neuvirth

In regards to bad contracts, I would consider the following to be the ones the team would love to move, but will be unlikely able to:

Voracek
Lehtera
Weise
Raffl
MacDonald

The following will be prime trade bait (yes, I know a lot of people here do not like these guys, but they probably are desirable to other teams):

Simmonds
Weal
Gudas

Reactions: renberg

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
In regards to bad contracts, I would consider the following to be the ones the team would love to move, but will be unlikely able to:

Voracek
Lehtera
Weise
Raffl
MacDonald

The following will be prime trade bait (yes, I know a lot of people here do not like these guys, but they probably are desirable to other teams):

Simmonds
Weal
Gudas

Um...? What's the end game here, to be $35 million under the cap? I don't think they're in a rush to move Voracek, he of 85 points, and if they were it wouldn't be because of cost. And if they did it wouldn't be hard to find a taker.

Reactions: kelmitchell

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
According to capfriendly the following is expiring:

5,000,000 - Filppula
3,625,000 - Read
1,000,000 - Oduya
0,975,000 - Manning
2,000,000 - Mrazek
1,500,000 - Umberger

14,100,000 in space opening up...

That leaves:

Giroux
Voracek
Lehtera
Couturier
Simmonds
Weise
Raffl
Weal
Laughton
Patrick
Lindblom
Konecny
Leier

MacDonald
Gostisbehere
Gudas
Hagg
Provorov
Sanheim

Elliot
Neuvirth

Voracek
Lehtera
Weise
Raffl
MacDonald

Simmonds
Weal
Gudas
Don’t think voracek is a bad contract but I could see hexy listening to offers. Not shopping or should be moved but I can see him listening.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Ghost - Provorov were good for about two months, then they started spring leaks defensively as teams adjusted.
I could live with Provorov - MacDonald as a placeholder for Myers
Morin - Ghost
Sanheim - Gudas/Hagg as a place holder for Friedman or another RHD
Unfortunately, Hogberg is LH.

This coming season is going to be a transition year with many scrubs exiting, some young players coming up.
But the rebuild won't be finished until 2019-20.

Which is why I'd be happy to trade Voracek and Simmonds, pick up a young RW and some draft picks, then wheel and deal some of those picks for more young bottom six forwards and maybe put a package together for a young RHD.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad