Who should stay, who should go.

Select each person you want to remain on the roster next year.

• Total voters

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
ok, that's not what i meant, what i meant was, get rid of vets, sign some cheap young players in fa this summer, trade giroux, jake , simmonds for young players or draft picks, be bad for one year and sign one big free agent winger or center in 2019 and maybe a goalie if carter hart isnt the guy or not ready, like what blackhawks did, they got young on their forwards, defense, goalie, signed hossa and they were champions.

it's not that difficult, i understand no one likes the idea of a complete rebuild but if it's the only way for the flyers to actually win a cup, then im on board with it.
But there's almost never cheap, young, worthwhile players in FA...

We're either drafting/developing them or trading for them. But FA is almost never the answer.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Giroux - Couturier - Konecny
Lindblom - Patrick - Voracek
XXXXXX - XXXXXX - XXXXXX
Raffl - Laughton - XXXXXX

Provorov - Ghost
Sanheim - XXXXXX
XXXXXX - XXXXXX

XXXXXX
XXXXXX

Wouldnt give a single shit if anyone I didnt list is not back. Plenty of kids to plug in and plenty of trade options to explore.

Reactions: NicolasAubeKubel

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I voted just for guys that I would bring back but there are guys I didn't vote for that I wouldn't be mad if they were brought back but I think we can trade them to upgrade or make room (Simmer, Gudas, and Laughton). I also voted for Leier and Raffl but I really want them back in bottom six roles, I don't want Raffl to be in the top six (or Leier but I don't think that's really a possibility).

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Is there a limit on buyouts? Like in theiry could they buyout AMac, Neuvirth, Elliot, Lehtera, and Weise? Not suggesting they should or would but I'm just wondering if there's a limit.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Is there a limit on buyouts? Like in theiry could they buyout AMac, Neuvirth, Elliot, Lehtera, and Weise? Not suggesting they should or would but I'm just wondering if there's a limit.

There’s no limit on buyouts. There only was a limit around the lockout because there was no dead caphit applied to those buyouts.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

I believe the only limits on buyouts Re how much money you want to spend and how you can balance the cap hits.

Lehtera is the only one who makes sense, unless we get upgrades elsewhere.

Macdonald is too prohibitive from a cap hit length, Elliott and Neuvirth we would need upgrades on first, and Weise is inconsequential, really.

madlee

Mar 7, 2015
Voracek is quickly approaching Jeff Carter territory with this fan base - great player who has flaws, but a section of the fan base see nothing but the flaws and what he can't do instead of the net positive he brings.

I think people are frustrated because he shows flashes of when he can be outright dominant, but then reverts to an almost passive role on the team. When he's fired up, he's great.

One of the things that drives me crazy is that he's the biggest player size wise on the team, yet he goes through long stretches where he avoids any contact.

Can you imagine the impact he would have if he just once in a while on a forecheck just plaster the dman?

Same thing with Lehtera. Why are the biggest players on this team so soft?

Reactions: Rebels57

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
i think hextall needs to do a full rebuild this offseason, not make playoffs and make a big splash in free agency in 2019 that way we have youth playing and plenty of cap space to improve the team. this is not about tanking, this is about is getting the youth playing and having the cap space to make a big splash and this team will be going in the right direction and contending, every philly team besides the flyers has a taken a step back with the youth movement with plenty of money to spend and they are going in the right direction because of it.
please name the top 5 ufa splashes since 2015.

Cap space isnt going to help us.

NicolasAubeKubel

Mar 3, 2018
Can we do this same poll for players we would add to opening night roster? I would go:

Carter Hart
Phil Myers
Morgan Frost
Mikhail Vorobyev
Nicolas Aube Kubel
Sam Morin

Reactions: CanadianSniper

NicolasAubeKubel

Mar 3, 2018
Giroux - Couturier - Konecny
Lindblom - Patrick - Voracek
XXXXXX - XXXXXX - XXXXXX
Raffl - Laughton - XXXXXX

Provorov - Ghost
Sanheim - XXXXXX
XXXXXX - XXXXXX

XXXXXX
XXXXXX

Wouldnt give a single **** if anyone I didnt list is not back. Plenty of kids to plug in and plenty of trade options to explore.

Did the exact same. I’m sure a lot of people did.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
Id be fine keeping manning as the pressbox #7. Completely disagree with him getting PT over Sanheim and Hagg. He is a better choice to sit.

Flip is gone. Lehtera...buyout is very attractive....I can also see him being the Flip placeholder next year, not that I want that...but I can see it.

Id keep Read as well for a low number. IMO he was our best defender in the bottom 6 in his short time.

Simmonds should go...just not an even strength help.

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
Id be fine keeping manning as the pressbox #7. Completely disagree with him getting PT over Sanheim and Hagg. He is a better choice to sit.

Flip is gone. Lehtera...buyout is very attractive....I can also see him being the Flip placeholder next year, not that I want that...but I can see it.

Id keep Read as well for a low number. IMO he was our best defender in the bottom 6 in his short time.

Keeping manning means Hack will overplay him. You have to remove every bad player from the roster, because if they are on it he will give them way too much icetime.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
Can we do this same poll for players we would add to opening night roster? I would go:

Carter Hart
Phil Myers
Morgan Frost
Mikhail Vorobyev
Nicolas Aube Kubel
Sam Morin
morin and nak will be in the NHL...either for us or elsewhere.
Hart....I'm TOTALLY fine with some slow cooking. I dont care about next year if hes the guy for the next 10. Give him camp...and get work in the AHL...mid year call up if hes dominating. I dont want him riding the bench at any level.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
Keeping manning means Hack will overplay him. You have to remove every bad player from the roster, because if they are on it he will give them way too much icetime.
I totally get this...and agree.

Purely from a roster standpoint thats what I'm thinking. I disagree with the player usage too.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

If hes around, and Hak is still here, Meatpig is in the top 6. Guaranteed.

Plus, they have no room for him with Morin and Hagg no longer being waiver exempt next season.

Insulin

Jan 23, 2013
Atlantic City
It's not that I don't want a guy like Voracek back, but he's a guy with value that maybe we could use in a hockey trade. I saw someone compare Voracek to Carter where some fans only see the bad, I admittedly might be one of those people. I was disappointed with Voracek once he was removed from Giroux. I just didn't see the big fast playmaking monster he is enough late in the season. Simmonds with his impending free agency also someone that I wouldn't be upset with coming back, but maybe you get a 1st+good third liner for him to replace his ES production. If I knew Raffl would be back in a bottom six role that'd be fine. We can only wish that MacDonald will be used in a bottom pairing role.

Giroux-Couturier-Konecny
xxx-Patrick-xxx
Lindblom-xxx-xxx
xxx-Laughton-xxx

Provorov-Gostisbehere
Sanheim-xxx
xxx-xxx

xxx
xxx

FLYERSFAN18

May 31, 2008
Pennsylvania
Giroux-Couturier-Konecny
Lindblom-Patrick-Voracek
Laughton-XXX-XXX
Raffl-XXX-XXX

Provorov-Meyers
Morin-Ghost
Sanheim-Gudas
Hagg

I think splitting up Provorov and Ghost might be a good idea since it would allow us to have one of our two best defenseman on the ice for 40+ minutes a night. All three of those d-pairings should be able to play for 20 minutes a night. And then if needed in an important situation put Ghost with Provorov and roll

Provorov-Ghost
Sanheim-Gudas
Morin-Meyers

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

If hes around, and Hak is still here, Meatpig is in the top 6. Guaranteed.

Plus, they have no room for him with Morin and Hagg no longer being waiver exempt next season.
I do think amac has decent a chance to be traded.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Voracek is quickly approaching Jeff Carter territory with this fan base - great player who has flaws, but a section of the fan base see nothing but the flaws and what he can't do instead of the net positive he brings.

He's a good player, but not a great player, scoring is only one part of the game.
Voracek isn't much of a back checker, he'll forecheck chasing the puck, but won't do it consistently.
He makes a lot of mindfart mistakes that a veteran shouldn't be making on a regular basis.

I'd move him for a 22-24 year old RW who can skate, shoot, play a two way game, and some draft picks.
I'd be looking for a kid with upside who's buried on a deep team, who could blossom on the right side of Couts or Patrick.
There's always a GM who'll trade potential for a big "name."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad