Post-Game Talk: Who is this team? 2006 called, they want their Oilers back...

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
It’s funny how they went from crows to crickets
Yup!! And if Montreal somehow gets on a win streak again, they will come back out

I haven’t watched many of their games, but man oh man it looks like Price is struggling this year. Maybe I’m glad we didn’t get him after all lmao.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
It's so weird to have depth scoring. I really hope that continues.

Also I really thought the Canucks were going to take a step forward this season. Happy to be wrong about that.

Reactions: Gordian Knot

Magnum23

Aug 24, 2012
I know it’s early but I feel pretty good the Oilers being a top 4 team in this division

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
Remember through the first 6 games when people thought Montreal was good lol.

Dudes were planning the parade already. I get it, I really do... but this is Montreal we're talking about. They start hot every season and the fall apart. If I was a fan of theirs I would definitely have any reservations until they prove otherwise. If they get into the playoffs they can do damage with a hot Price, but that top 6 is not a contender right now. This isn't to say I have any disbelief about us being a contender, but I think we can do some damage if we get in and the team plays some good hockey. Definitely capable of winning the division with solid play for sure, but realistically the division is up for grabs with Toronto edging out the rest as favorites.

Maybe watching the Oilers for so long has taught me to be a bit pessimistic, but I also think it has taught me to just enjoy each game for what it is and be in the moment.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Dudes were planning the parade already. I get it, I really do... but this is Montreal we're talking about. They start hot every season and the fall apart. If I was a fan of theirs I would definitely have any reservations until they prove otherwise. If they get into the playoffs they can do damage with a hot Price, but that top 6 is not a contender right now. This isn't to say I have any disbelief about us being a contender, but I think we can do some damage if we get in and the team plays some good hockey. Definitely capable of winning the division with solid play for sure, but realistically the division is up for grabs with Toronto edging out the rest as favorites.

Maybe watching the Oilers for so long has taught me to be a bit pessimistic, but I also think it has taught me to just enjoy each game for what it is and be in the moment.
Completely agree, well said. And like you said, anything can happen if a team makes the playoffs. Price can get hot and play against anyone, but Montreal’s top 6 doesn’t scare anyone in my opinion. They have a couple good defenseman and when Price is on, great goaltending..... unfortunately for Montreal it seems Price has been really off his last couple starts. They kind of live by Price and die by Price.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Hope Nurse does to Rousell exactly what was done to Puljujarvi. Just drop the gloves and start pinching on a completely unsuspecting player.

typical Canucks trash.

Kassian would have got a match penalty for that.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Hope Nurse does to Rousell exactly what was done to Puljujarvi. Just drop the gloves and start pinching on a completely unsuspecting player.

typical Canucks trash.

Kassian would have got a match penalty for that.
Or a suspension and an assault charge.

Reactions: TB12

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Seems like something about Pulju really gets guys riled up. Maybe he's a great trash talker and we can't hear it.

I think it might the fact that he plays a physical game hitting people, getting hit and also making skilled plays and all the while having this goofy grin on his face and enjoying all of it.
Could rub some people the wrong way. You know the "you're not supposed to have fun out there" crowd, especially when you are getting hit.

I could totally see a guy like Roussell lose it when he tries to be physical along the boards with Pulju thinking he is giving him the business and then looking up to see Jesse grinning and smiling.

Yeah15

2nd Tier Fan
Mar 15, 2007
Anyone else pumped that not only are the Oil 10-2 in their last 12, but the 2 games they've lost in that stretch the Oilers were the much more dominant team but lost purely on horrawful goaltending?

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
If Kassian does what mega p***y Roussel does (see Turtle incident for reference) does he only get 2 minutes? Roussel has done this before, has a shitty reputation and only gets 2? f***ing joke league. The officiating is so arbitrary they may as well just spin a wheel.

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
A lot of Oilers fans here especially want Holland fired after EVERY loss. The fire Holland thread gets bumped after every loss when our regular crowd shuffles in ( haven't seen them in a while! hahaha)
Dropthegloves has been f***in invisible since the boys have gone 10-2. But you can guarantee he’ll be posting in the fire Holland thread at the very first loss. That thread needs to be closed, it’s embarrassing.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
If Kassian does what mega p***y Roussel does (see Turtle incident for reference) does he only get 2 minutes? Roussel has done this before, has a shitty reputation and only gets 2? f***ing joke league. The officiating is so arbitrary they may as well just spin a wheel.

Should have at minimum been a double minor. Or 2 and a 10. The thing that bugs me is there was still 24.5 minutes of hockey to go. Khaira or Nurse should have dealt with it the same way they dealt with Bennett. First shift after his penalty, let him know what was up even though Nuge went after him.

I get the feeling Green is going to scratch Roussell for tomorrow. Not to protect his ass but because that woke the Oilers up and got three straight goals.

Reactions: RattsSSV and TB12

K1984

Feb 7, 2008

Precedent is set now. On Thursday I'm happy to eat the 2 mins and $5,000 if that's all it costs to drop the gloves and sucker that POS.

However, it is a certainty that this standard will automatically change as soon as an Oiler does it.

Reactions: RattsSSV and TB12

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
Precedent is set now. On Thursday I'm happy to eat the 2 mins and $5,000 if that's all it costs to drop the gloves and sucker that POS.

However, it is a certainty that this standard will automatically change as soon as an Oiler does it.
Intent to injure. 10 games and possible assult charges if Kassian did it.
And of course everybody here would rag on him for being stupid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad