Post-Game Talk: Who is this team? 2006 called, they want their Oilers back...

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
I am usually a sky is falling guy in these situations, but I was pretty confident the Oilers would come back and win when it was 3-0. Even posted it in the GDT at the first intermission.

I gotta go into the game talk blog when the game was going on and see the people freaking out. We have lots of bi-polar fans

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Yeah not much being said about it but I loved how Nuge was right in there. I also loved how Jesse, bloodied and a bit battered is looking up at the score clock and says “only 2 minutes?!!” I’ve no idea what PJ said or did - I think nothing - but Roussell went bananas there. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s benched next game.

I was looking at the Oiler depth charts tonight and I am not sure where Kassian even fits? He’s not taking out PJ or Yamo in the top 6 nor is he taking Archies spot to the right of Khaira. Tip loves Chaisson as a bottom 6 / PP option.
Kassian may be playing LW with Haas and Chaisson / Neal.

One thing for sure - Turris is getting waived and moved to the taxi squad once some bodies start coming back.

I remember years ago (Hall, Eberle days) that when shit happened with players like face washing with gloves, dirty hits, cross checks, sucker punches, etc, the team would just skate away. It was frustrating to see. That crap dont happen now. I dont want Nurse fighting but guys like Nurse , Khaira, Kassian keep the douche bags at bay

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
I gotta put this one in. Not Vancouver related but I live in NS and HABS fans can become hard to listen to. Lots of crying today on their disallowed goal.
habscrying.jpg

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Just finished reading the PGT on the Canucks board. You know what, those guys are surprisingly level headed. They all think Roussel is garbage, that he embarrassed himself and the team and probably cost them the game. Well, except for one dude who has somehow convinced himself that ‘Puljujarvi started swinging first and then played the victim card’. It’s a big contrast with Flames fans who will defend ratboy’s actions to the bitter end in spite of all the video evidence of his douchebaggery.

Also ... do they ever hate Benning and Green. I was getting Chiarelli/Eakins flashbacks reading that thread.

Finally ... people think the Myers contract is bad . What about Loui Ericsson? Guy fell straight off a cliff the day they signed him and has been robbing them of $6 million every year since. Now so bad they can’t even dress him. And still one more year at $6 million after this season. That’s worse than the Lucic deal.

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
I didn't know that you could just drop the gloves and start throwing punches at an unwilling and unexpecting opponent and only get two minutes.

Nurse and Kassian need to do a little sparring with Jesse, then the next guy to do that gunna get a nasty surprise when he punches back.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I didn't know that you could just drop the gloves and start throwing punches at an unwilling and unexpecting opponent and only get two minutes.

Nurse and Kassian need to do a little sparring with Jesse, then the next guy to do that gunna get a nasty surprise when he punches back.

They've at least improved from no penalty like the last time Jesse got jumped haha.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
With the Oilers top 6 starting to solidify itself I wonder if it almost won't be good for Kassian's game. The sooner he stops getting bounced between the top 6 and the bottom 6 the sooner he can just settle back into a bottom 6 role and rediscover his identity. I hope that's the case at least because he could definitely add to our bottom 6 which has already been outstanding this year if he could get back to what he does best - skate, hit, fight, and chip in some offence along the way. Obviously his contract is a bit rich for what that role might look like, but its palatable.

Agreed, he just needs to simplify. He’s the worst puck manager of all the forwards which needs to change.

Gregsky99

Dec 16, 2012
Just finished reading the PGT on the Canucks board. You know what, those guys are surprisingly level headed. They all think Roussel is garbage, that he embarrassed himself and the team and probably cost them the game. Well, except for one dude who has somehow convinced himself that ‘Puljujarvi started swinging first and then played the victim card’. It’s a big contrast with Flames fans who will defend ratboy’s actions to the bitter end in spite of all the video evidence of his douchebaggery.

Also ... do they ever hate Benning and Green. I was getting Chiarelli/Eakins flashbacks reading that thread.

Finally ... people think the Myers contract is bad . What about Loui Ericsson? Guy fell straight off a cliff the day they signed him and has been robbing them of $6 million every year since. Now so bad they can’t even dress him. And still one more year at $6 million after this season. That’s worse than the Lucic deal.
They’re aware of Ericsson...they’ve just complained so much already there is literally nothing left to be bitter about it. They’ve gone through the entire spectrum of denial and have come to acceptance.

North

Jun 25, 2009

They’re used to how bad Ericsson is which is why they don’t even talk about it anymore.

They thought Myers was going to be useful but he’s been a penalty taking pylon who can wire the puck.

It should be noted, Winnipeg was hurting for defensemen but chose to walk away when they heard the dollar figures being thrown around for him.

Reactions: Oilhawks

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
I think about that a lot too, but every team has bad contracts. Neal allowed us to get out from the nuclear mistake in signing Lucic. Kassian is over paid, but brings a style of game that we need (when he's on).

Hopefully next year we can move on from some heavy contracts and bring in some better value contracts.

I think a future line of Holloway McLeod Kassian would be a fast great 3rd line . Unless Holloway fits with McDavid

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad