Post-Game Talk: Who is this team? 2006 called, they want their Oilers back...

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Looks like Jesse gave him a nice little deserved head shot lol

Good catch, just a little bump. Looked incidental though. There's a really good view of it from behind the net as they cut to commercial. As Jesse turns sharply to get between the boards and Roussell, the puck takes a bounce and Roussell has his head down looking for it. Roussell spins to face the boards, still with head down as Jesse enters that space and catches him on the helmet with a shoulder. Not sure what Roussell was so hot about aside from being a douche nozzle to begin with.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Right before the 3-2 goal, what a beautiful pass from Drai to Yamo. No look backhand sauce, Demko made a really nice read and save there. Of course the cross-seamer was pretty nice too!

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Apparently round 2 game 7 is how far a bad team can go with horseshoe type goaltending

In a very atypical playoff where many teams and their players were differentially invested in play, during a global pandemic. Hey, Montreal has rode goaltending before, its not impossible, but in most instances theres limits how far that will take you or for how long. I would tend to think the plan in Montreal, there is no plan. The trouble with what Montreal are doing is they are not good now, and they are not geared to be better in the future. Conversely Ottawa just beat Montreal both games and have the young stud players with all kinds of upside. Montreal is just rolling deckchairs around. Would be funny if Habs managed to not even finish in playoffs. They are no better than 4th place in my estimation. Montreal is cheating heavily to win now with vets desperation, and they're an average team if that.

Really weird for Montreal to be doing this in a non fan season. The rebuild writing has been on the wall there for quite sometime.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
People are comparing Ottawa to Toronto in terms of quality !1!1, god he was embarrassing
Yep... that was annoying.
giphy.gif

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Threads on the mains today:

- Montreal fires coaches
- Dysfunction in Calgary
- What’s wrong with Vancouver?
- Buffalo problems (multiple threads)
- Laf being a bust

Not a single negative thing about the Oilers.

You love to see it. Finally.

Emotive

Oct 6, 2017
It's not worth taking Nurse off the ice for 5 minutes to fight a 4th liner.

Exactly, no point concentrating on revenge. Roussel is a useless player on the ice. You start targetting him and take a dump penalty he's already served more purpose than usual. Khaira will challenge him but I doubt he takes that fight. Just play him hard and hit him if you get the chance with the limited amount of time he's even on the ice lol. That being said, if we are blowing them out the by all means someone can rough him up a bit, but first and foremost just get the 2 points and continue to bury them in the standings.

Reactions: RattsSSV

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Exactly, no point concentrating on revenge. Roussel is a useless player on the ice. You start targetting him and take a dump penalty he's already served more purpose than usual. Khaira will challenge him but I doubt he takes that fight. Just play him hard and hit him if you get the chance with the limited amount of time he's even on the ice lol. That being said, if we are blowing them out the by all means someone can rough him up a bit, but first and foremost just get the 2 points and continue to bury them in the standings.
I’m on this side of the fence. If this dumb nobody is being stupid just go score on the PP. He will be benched before you know it.

trick91

Jun 7, 2012
anybody have that tweet last year where someone from Sportsnet(i think) compared the Canucks to the Blackhawks in their prime? Something like Towes = Horvat, Kane=Petterson, Hughes = Keith

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Remember through the first 6 games when people thought Montreal was good lol.

I feel like it was only people that couldn’t be bothered to look at why they were winning. Josh Anderson shooting like 23% wasn’t remotely sustainable, Toffoli isn’t ever going to compete for the Rocket, Petry's not a PPG dman (and I’m probably his biggest fan), etc. They’re a bubble playoff team that was massively over performing. Just like we were massively underperforming

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I’m on this side of the fence. If this dumb nobody is being stupid just go score on the PP. He will be benched before you know it.

What does need to occur, and today, is the Edmonton Oilers org making formal submissions to the NHL on the serial attempts and instances of injuring our players. Just in the past few games Yama, KK, attempt at Pulju.

Teams are resorting to a pretty sordid trick in this season. Realizing that teams play each other 9-10 times in a season some teams have seen fit to try to whittle down the opponent roster by injuring them. Blatantly, purposely. This is a different dynamic this season due to how many times you play one team. In normal seasons you don't play opponent clubs enough for this attempt at injury to be a focus. Now it is for the scum orgs like Calgary. In Vancouver case I would say its just the scum player.

With the Flames it seems like a pretty clear directive the league should be closely following, examining.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Habs needed Dubois to push Suzuki down one spot. Bervegin was too cheap to no pony up KK, Caufield and 1st and not realized their window is actually opened with Price, Weber and Petry close to being past their prime.

The Habs are actually a great 2nd and 3rd round drafting team so they don't need their 1st this year

Reactions: Oilhawks

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Nice for Nuge to bolt into the Roussel Pulju altercation like he did. This would seem indication of Nuge wanting to further his identity here within the team. If I had to guess Nuge really wants to remain here. Be a part of whats growing here. Consistent with that I hope he takes a hometown discount. He's been paid well throughout his career and some years in past contract he was probably overpaid.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Nice for Nuge to bolt into the Roussel Pulju altercation like he did. This would seem indication of Nuge wanting to further his identity here within the team. If I had to guess Nuge really wants to remain here. Be a part of whats growing here. Consistent with that I hope he takes a hometown discount. He's been paid well throughout his career and some years in past contract he was probably overpaid.
RNH saw a chance to increase his $$ by 500k and took it :sarcasm:

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Nuge and his agent hopefully will acknowledge the realization that the team (and the league) are in a tough spot with the cap flatlining, and possibly for another year or 2, and adjust their expectations accordingly. It's too bad for him that his contract expires at such a downtime, but that's the way the cookie crumbles. He'll still do okay.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
I feel like it was only people that couldn’t be bothered to look at why they were winning. Josh Anderson shooting like 23% wasn’t remotely sustainable, Toffoli isn’t ever going to compete for the Rocket, Petry's not a PPG dman (and I’m probably his biggest fan), etc. They’re a bubble playoff team that was massively over performing. Just like we were massively underperforming
Agreed, and as I said in previous posts. When Price is on, they can be extremely good. But they don’t have the lines we don’t. RNH, Mcdavid and Puljujarvi is terrifying. Canadiens have nothing close to that. Also Smith has been absolutely fantastic outside of one bad start. His second and third periods last night were incredible. Canadiens are also over hyped because they beat the pens in the playoffs last year mainly due to a hot Price as well.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
What does need to occur, and today, is the Edmonton Oilers org making formal submissions to the NHL on the serial attempts and instances of injuring our players. Just in the past few games Yama, KK, attempt at Pulju.

Teams are resorting to a pretty sordid trick in this season. Realizing that teams play each other 9-10 times in a season some teams have seen fit to try to whittle down the opponent roster by injuring them. Blatantly, purposely. This is a different dynamic this season due to how many times you play one team. In normal seasons you don't play opponent clubs enough for this attempt at injury to be a focus. Now it is for the scum orgs like Calgary. In Vancouver case I would say its just the scum player.

With the Flames it seems like a pretty clear directive the league should be closely following, examining.

I wish we’d just do what the Isles did. SMac is still playing (albeit in the Federal league), and despite being 40, there’s nobody in the NHL that could hang with him anymore. Sign him and let him go murder a guy like Roussel. Any suspension the league could give him is irrelevant, because he’s not an NHLer anyways.

With how incompetent Parros has been at his job, the league isn’t going to protect our players, and Nurse and Kassian can only do so much before they’re going to get suspended. I’d hate to see anyone get legitimately hurt, but the league needs a wake up call. The last time something like that happened, it wasn’t long before the league finally replaced Campbell, and brought in Shanahan (who was basically the only head of DoPS that did a good job)

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad