Speculation: Who Goes First/Speculation/Rumors Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
What would be the best for the organization would be for Callahan and Girardi to approach Glen Sather, if the team is not going to make the playoffs, and say, "Glen, trade us at the deadline, but we want to come back when we hit UFA". The Rangers return some good young pieces and they get to retain their guys.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Versteeg would be in our top six I don't care what anyone says , Nash would be moved to LW.
Nash - Richards - Callahan
Hagelin - stepan - Versteeg
Kreider - brassard - miller
Who cares-who cares-who cares.
If you can get him for Boyle a pick and a mid prospect do it. He'll give you 50 points I'm my opinion

it is true he would be. If FLA takes our crap then I think about it. But I mean all the crap.........Pyatt, Pouliott, Zuccarello for Versteeg and a mid round pick for taking the contract off their hands.

MortUWary

Registered Loser
Jul 19, 2007
I would be all for a change of scenery swap of Michael Del Zotto to Florida for Dmitry Kulikov.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Pyatt should be the next one to go, followed by Zuc.

There's room for more.

Who replaces, depends upon what is available in trade and at what price.

Would like to see Yogan, maybe MSt.-Croix get a shot for 4th line

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Pyatt should be the next one to go, followed by Zuc.

There's room for more.

Who replaces, depends upon what is available in trade and at what price.

Would like to see Yogan, maybe MSt.-Croix get a shot for 4th line

St. Croix didn't even find a spot in the AHL. He's raw. Why the hell would he get a shot on the 4th line of all places?

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
I would be all for a change of scenery swap of Michael Del Zotto to Florida for Dmitry Kulikov.

The Rangers should be jumping all over that if Tallon offers that to Sather.

As RB pointed out, there won't be any quality top 6 forwards available for trade until close to the deadline or before the Olympic break. Yakupov, as much as I would like to have him, won't be traded. Edmonton would rather he go to the KHL and retain his rights rather than trade him away for a package that is lesser than they perceive he is worth.

Championship*

What would be the best for the organization would be for Callahan and Girardi to approach Glen Sather, if the team is not going to make the playoffs, and say, "Glen, trade us at the deadline, but we want to come back when we hit UFA". The Rangers return some good young pieces and they get to retain their guys.

Would be a perfect scenario. Cally and G would net us fantastic returns, they are players teams trip over themselves to get at the deadline.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG

Why would a player ever say that to a GM unless they wanted out of town big time?

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Kulikov is another lefty. The Rangers need to find a right-handed shooting D. Girardi and Stralman will be group IIIs next summer. There's McIlrath and that's it. Johnny Moore can play left and right. He played right with Falk.

Eliiotte Friedman

17. Now that Edmonton is seemingly cooled on making moves, teams doing the most exploring appear to be the Flyers, Rangers and possibly New Jersey Devils.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports-content/ho...oughts-playoff-chase-begins-early-in-nhl.html

Craig Custance spoke to Newport Sports about Lundqvist

"Both sides are motivated to find a way to work together," Lundqvist's agent, Craig Oster, said when we chatted last week. "It's been good positive discussions. The Rangers have tried, we just haven't been able to find something that satisfied both sides."

http://insider.espn.go.com/nhl/blog...ork-rangers-already-buried-their-new-division

Oster works for Newport. Meehan represents Lundqvist. Oster works for Meehan.

The Rangers need to change their mix. Some guys are up for contracts such as Del Zotto and Brassard. Girardi. They need to infuse more skill into the line-up.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
I don't know how true it is, but I've heard a few rumors that Rangers want Vanek pretty bad and might try to trade for him

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
I don't know how true it is, but I've heard a few rumors that Rangers want Vanek pretty bad and might try to trade for him

Curious, where did you read that? Unless Nash goes on LTIR, it'll be tricky to fit his cap number beyond this year.

If AV is adamant about playing man coverage in the defensive zone, one of Staal or Girardi has to go. Great defensive defensemen, yes, but their lateral movement and quickness is average to below average. It's very important to have good quickness and lateral movement in a man cover defensive scheme. I would really hate to lose either, but of them can help bring in a dynamic offensive talent, it wouldn't be the worst thing.

Guys like Pouliot, Boyle, Pyatt should be gone after this year. I'd start making calls to see what the market would be for them now. Boyle especially may be able to bring back a late 1st at the deadline.

Punxrocknyc19*

Boyle especially may be able to bring back a late 1st at the deadline.

well the Rangers traded a 3rd just to get Boyle when he was a tweener. now he is an NHL player so id take a 1st 15-20 range and a top prospect at LW if possible.....

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
well the Rangers traded a 3rd just to get Boyle when he was a tweener. now he is an NHL player so id take a 1st 15-20 range and a top prospect at LW if possible.....

It's one or the other. Gaustad got a 1st at a trade deadline. Boyle can easily get that. A first rounder or a good prospect, not both.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Buzz: The Rangers Are Actively Exploring Options

Here is a thought

At CBC, Elliotte Friedman writes that the Rangers appear to be one of the teams doing the most “exploring†when it comes to trying to make improvements to their roster.

Two other teams he lists are Metropolitan Division rivals, the Flyers and Devils.

The Rangers are currently over the salary cap by $85,517, due to Carl Hagelin being on LTIR, and need to get under when Hagelin is able to return next Tuesday.

The Rangers currently have 16 forwards (two on IR), 7 defensemen and two goalies.

Rangers salaries look like this:
CAP SITUATION
Forwards (15) - 36.454.167
Defense (7) - 18.065.000
Goalies (2) - 7.437.500
IR (Hagelin) - 2.200.000
Overage in AHL (Powe + Asham) - 216.667

TOTAL CAP HIT (25 players) - 64.373.334
Bonuses - 1.095.000
Cap overage = -73.334 (with Hagelin placed on LTIR)

Guyute

Sponsor
Feb 17, 2013
chasing vanek would be a terrible move. we would return to the dark ages (1998-2004).

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
.... If AV is adamant about playing man coverage in the defensive zone, one of Staal or Girardi has to go. Great defensive defensemen, yes, but their lateral movement and quickness is average to below average. It's very important to have good quickness and lateral movement in a man cover defensive scheme. I would really hate to lose either, but of them can help bring in a dynamic offensive talent, it wouldn't be the worst thing.
Girardi of the 2; feel Staal still has good lateral movement (not like Moore, of course, but still got it).

Guys like Pouliot, Boyle, Pyatt should be gone after this year. I'd start making calls to see what the market would be for them now.
Yeah, now please.
Pyatt we may have to pay (Pyatt + 6th for conditional 7th) to take off our hands if we want to do it yesterday.

Boyle especially may be able to bring back a late 1st at the deadline.
If we are lucky this is a max best case scenario. When there was a possibility of someone like Dylan Olsen, late first value, yeah. But not enough people in both camps got on that bandwagon.

Don't be greedy. Consider a high 2nd pick or a decent 2nd round selection which already has some development under the belt. One possibility, from Edmonton, 2nd rounders like LD Marancin or C Pitlick. That would help w/salary cap. Maybe add a sweetener like Powe for free.

Killem Dafoe

Hold my baby, man.
Jun 19, 2010
Land of Corn
chasing vanek would be a terrible move. we would return to the dark ages (1998-2004).

Don't ask me why but I was thinking the same thing. I feel like he will go 1 point in his first 14 games here and be the new whipping boy. Again, other than a "glass half empty" point of view based on previous acquisitions this team has made I have no other reason for thinking that. Gut feeling.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Here is a thought

Rangers salaries look like this:
CAP SITUATION
Forwards (15) - 36.454.167
Defense (7) - 18.065.000
Goalies (2) - 7.437.500
IR (Hagelin) - 2.200.000
Overage in AHL (Powe + Asham) - 216.667

TOTAL CAP HIT (25 players) - 64.373.334
Bonuses - 1.095.000
Cap overage = -73.334 (with Hagelin placed on LTIR)

If we are REALLY backed up [not there yet], maybe Asham, who is a good guy, close enough to the end anyway, will do us a favor and do a Nashlund and retire. In exchange --- did I say exchange? I did not mean quid pro quo --- we can give Asham a consultancy. He retires, 1 less contract on the books. I think.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Don't ask me why but I was thinking the same thing. I feel like he will go 1 point in his first 14 games here and be the new whipping boy. Again, other than a "glass half empty" point of view based on previous acquisitions this team has made I have no other reason for thinking that. Gut feeling.

Why?
Cause setting aside cost of acquisition, this is another big contract. Maybe comes off soon enough, but we are already smothered by likes of Powe, Pyatt, etc on bottom 6 = too much cap $.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009

One move would put us out of the playoffs for seven years after making it seven times of the past 8?

Only if we dealt Lundqvist for him.

Vidic15*

No use in patching this team up. The current core can't cut it. Girardi and Callahan are UFAs. They would bring back nice returns at the deadline. Lundqvist should be kept at the same money he's making now. Trade market for goalies is historically low. Boyle can be thrown into the mix, as well. With the return on the trades and the young guys already in our system, we have enough players to fill out the roster. Sather should do the right thing. If anybody can convince Dolan, it's Sather. They are butt buddies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad