Speculation: Who Goes First/Speculation/Rumors Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Florida looking to move Versteeg and Goc maybe we should inquire their price. Florida would want picks/prospects in return I would assume.

Versteeg is getting $4.4 per for the 2 seasons after this one and would be below Nash and Cally on the right-side.

I'm down for a roster shake-up but that kind of price for a 3rd liner isn't worth it IMO

Radek27

May 19, 2004
NJ
Versteeg is getting $4.4 per for the 2 seasons after this one and would be below Nash and Cally on the right-side.

I'm down for a roster shake-up but that kind of price for a 3rd liner isn't worth it IMO

What if we move a contract like Boyle or Del Zotto back to Florida in the deal?

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
What if we move a contract like Boyle or Del Zotto back to Florida in the deal?

MDZ for Versteeg is a bad move unless one of Florida's good young players is coming back in the deal. Moving Boyle as part of the deal is OK, but I think the poster was saying that since Versteeg is is injury prone, and has two more years left at $4 million cap hit is not worth it. Especially with Nash and Callahan on the right side already.

Boyle is a UFA at seasons end.

My question is if the rangers are looking to make a move for a top six forward, who is available?

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Surprised you feel that way. Its not exactly a prime situation to walk into, especially with the injuries.

Torts had plenty of injuries to deal with and at no time did the team ever look this bad. Also, if AV stays and play continues like this, the light will shine on Teflon Glen and Glen will need a scapegoat.:)

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Versteeg was traded out of Chicago because of the cap. He went from Chicago to Toronto to Philly to Florida. Versteeg was a Boston pick. His next team will be his 6th. Something is wrong with that picture. Dale Tallon traded for him in Chicago and Florida. Tallon also gave Versteeg his last 2 contracts. Remember when Tallon screwed up the qualifying offers in Chicago and ended up paying Versteeg nearly $10M over 3 years. Tallon lost his job because Chicago had to pay much more to retain their players.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
MDZ for Versteeg is a bad move unless one of Florida's good young players is coming back in the deal. Moving Boyle as part of the deal is OK, but I think the poster was saying that since Versteeg is is injury prone, and has two more years left at $4 million cap hit is not worth it. Especially with Nash and Callahan on the right side already.

Boyle is a UFA at seasons end.

My question is if the rangers are looking to make a move for a top six forward, who is available?

Only the salary dumps are available right now. Teams are not looking to move top six forwards for a salary dump,prospect and draft pick. The Rangers shouldn't be trading any picks.

Championship*

Veersteeg? Jesus christ, that's just a terrible suggestion. Really bad.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Would like to think the Rangers would set their sights higher than Versteeg.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl

A guy who scores 20+ goals in four of the last five years isn't a "3rd liner".

I've always liked Versteeg for some reason. Not sure he's a fit here, though.

Championship*

A guy who scores 20+ goals in four of the last five years isn't a "3rd liner".

I've always liked Versteeg for some reason. Not sure he's a fit here, though.

But he'd be on the 3rd line here, and that's the point.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Versteeg is worse than Cally and Nash, so he's a 3rd liner here. Don't want anyway. Goc is a good option, would be a solid 3C this team needs right now. If the Rangers are still struggling by Christmas time, sell off the veterans, no one should be safe.

theFiGS

Oct 13, 2013
Versteeg would be in our top six I don't care what anyone says , Nash would be moved to LW.
Nash - Richards - Callahan
Hagelin - stepan - Versteeg
Kreider - brassard - miller
Who cares-who cares-who cares.
If you can get him for Boyle a pick and a mid prospect do it. He'll give you 50 points I'm my opinion

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
All this trade talk is like arguing about what color you should paint a car without an engine or wheels.

Haha I agree. Although to me it's more like buying a new muffler when you have a blown engine, or wheels without tires.

Also, no to Versteeg. He is loved by some for an unknown reason, never liked his game. He makes some poor decisions with the puck and doesn't bring much outside of 20 goals which at 4.4m isn't worth it IMO.

Colby

Mar 2, 2011
Goc is a nice player. Here's his player comment from the Hockey Prospectus Annual:

Last season was business as usual for Marcel Goc, one of the NHL’s most consistently overlooked contributors. He played a ton of brutally tough minutes at even strength, was Florida’s top penalty killing option, and he still managed to nearly break even in possession while scoring at his usual pace of about 40 points per 82 games.

He wouldn't be a savior by any means, but would help restore some quality depth. He's 30 years old with a $1.7 cap hit. Might be too expensive. Free agent after the season.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Versteeg would be in our top six I don't care what anyone says , Nash would be moved to LW.
Nash - Richards - Callahan
Hagelin - stepan - Versteeg
Kreider - brassard - miller
Who cares-who cares-who cares.
If you can get him for Boyle a pick and a mid prospect do it. He'll give you 50 points I'm my opinion

Nash's comfort level at RW led to Gaborik being pushed out of position and ultimately getting traded. You really think the team would move him back to the left side just so we could wedge an inconsistent player like Versteeg into the top-six? Fat chance.

Versteeg would be a typical Rangers move. Reclamation project who can occasionally generate a few highlights.

theFiGS

Oct 13, 2013
Nash's comfort level at RW led to Gaborik being pushed out of position and ultimately getting traded. You really think the team would move him back to the left side just so we could wedge an inconsistent player like Versteeg into the top-six? Fat chance.

Versteeg would be a typical Rangers move. Reclamation project who can occasionally generate a few highlights.

We have no highlights as of now anyway lol honestly if they wanna make the playoffs this year they'll need to make typical "ranger moves" hopefully they fire sale and shake this roster up for the future because this teams brutal

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Goc is a nice player. Here's his player comment from the Hockey Prospectus Annual:

He wouldn't be a savior by any means, but would help restore some quality depth. He's 30 years old with a $1.7 cap hit. Might be too expensive. Free agent after the season.

I would rather just sign him as a UFA in the off-season.

We have no highlights as of now anyway lol honestly if they wanna make the playoffs this year they'll need to make typical "ranger moves" hopefully they fire sale and shake this roster up for the future because this teams brutal

Versteeg would be a bad move.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
God help this team if we trade away picks. No more of that crap. Especially given the fact that at this point it's looking like the lottery... "Got to be out of it, to win it!!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad