Speculation: Who Goes First/Speculation/Rumors Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship*

Wanted Vanek before the season started, now want nothing to do with that whatsoever now. Sell, Sell, Sell.

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
Vanek, Heatley, Michalek...all sound like typical avenues.

I don't know how Heatley would even be in Sather's mind.

Once a 50 goal scorer, he had 24 goals 2 seasons ago in 82 games. He's 32.

Actually... that's perfect. Heatley-Richards-Vanek... maybe 5 years ago.

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
If we are REALLY backed up [not there yet], maybe Asham, who is a good guy, close enough to the end anyway, will do us a favor and do a Nashlund and retire. In exchange --- did I say exchange? I did not mean quid pro quo --- we can give Asham a consultancy. He retires, 1 less contract on the books. I think.

Asham has said publically that he wants to continue playing past this season and that he feels that he still has what it takes to play in the NHL. He's not going to do anyone any favors--he's going to play hard when he's in the lineup with Hartford and try and prove the Ranger organization wrong.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Asham has said publically that he wants to continue playing past this season and that he feels that he still has what it takes to play in the NHL. He's not going to do anyone any favors--he's going to play hard when he's in the lineup with Hartford and try and prove the Ranger organization wrong.

Not to mention take any money he can while he can, it's not like this guy was a super star his entire career.

If I was a 4th line role player I would play as long as people were handing me contracts. NHL or not.

Punxrocknyc19*

trade proposal

Bolts get Dan Girardi and Taylor Pyatt
Rangers get Brett Connolly, Nikita Kucherov and 2ed 2014

reason.. Rangers get something for an UFA to be... Bolts get defense, something they need.. Rangers get a forward with size and can be a 2ed liner, and a solid russian goal scoring prospect...

thoughts??

iamitter

Thornton's Hen
May 19, 2011
NYC
trade proposal

reason.. Rangers get something for an UFA to be... Bolts get defense, something they need.. Rangers get a forward with size and can be a 2ed liner, and a solid russian goal scoring prospect...

thoughts??

Can't see us dealing roster players for futures.

But Kucherov can be a hell of a player. Really dynamic and high ceiling.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Tampa won't give up Kucherov. Management is very high on him. If we're making any trade with Tampa, I would like to inquire about the availability of Vasilevski.

Championship*

Can't see us dealing roster players for futures.

But Kucherov can be a hell of a player. Really dynamic and high ceiling.

Connoly isn't a future. He probably should be playing in Tbay right now. He'd for sure be on our starting roster. Not supporting that trade or anything but Connolly would be a good get.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Curious, where did you read that? Unless Nash goes on LTIR, it'll be tricky to fit his cap number beyond this year.

If AV is adamant about playing man coverage in the defensive zone, one of Staal or Girardi has to go. Great defensive defensemen, yes, but their lateral movement and quickness is average to below average. It's very important to have good quickness and lateral movement in a man cover defensive scheme. I would really hate to lose either, but of them can help bring in a dynamic offensive talent, it wouldn't be the worst thing.

Guys like Pouliot, Boyle, Pyatt should be gone after this year. I'd start making calls to see what the market would be for them now. Boyle especially may be able to bring back a late 1st at the deadline.

exactly dump the UFAs for whatever. Boyle has some value and its time to move on , its going to happen in the offseason anyway............some team like FLA would take a chance on Zucc I bet..................Pyatt needs to go obviously even if they have to take something blah back

I think the biggest chips are Girardi and DZ...............this team needs a top RD and a package can do that

Punxrocknyc19*

Connoly isn't a future. He probably should be playing in Tbay right now. He'd for sure be on our starting roster. Not supporting that trade or anything but Connolly would be a good get.

i can see something like Girardi for Connolly Thompson and 1st

then ship Boyle to wings for Abdelkader and 3rd

megamatt

Oct 19, 2013
Personally, I don't like any trades with the Bolts, even those crazy ideas involving Drouin. My ideal trade, that I could see happening is with the Canes, Girardi+conditional second or maybe MZA as well for Jeff Skinner. Skinner is young and can also make an impact now, but the Hurricanes have him playing on their third line often with Riley Nash as his center. That begs the question, how much do the Hurricanes value Skinner?

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
Personally, I don't like any trades with the Bolts, even those crazy ideas involving Drouin. My ideal trade, that I could see happening is with the Canes, Girardi+conditional second or maybe MZA as well for Jeff Skinner. Skinner is young and can also make an impact now, but the Hurricanes have him playing on their third line often with Riley Nash as his center. That begs the question, how much do the Hurricanes value Skinner?

Skinner's concussion history scares the hell out of me. Particularly in light of what's happening to Nash.

megamatt

Oct 19, 2013
Skinner's concussion history scares the hell out of me. Particularly in light of what's happening to Nash.
I think I'd be willing to risk it for Skinner, and Carolina needs the defense badly with Pitkanen's career just about ruined.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
I think I'd be willing to risk it for Skinner, and Carolina needs the defense badly with Pitkanen's career just about ruined.

At the expense of a highly coveted asset like Girardi, Skinner isn't worth the risk IMO. It's incredibly unfortunate but the kid can't keep his head up for his life. His career will be over in 4-5 years if he doesn't smarten up, I just don't like the idea.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
If trading with TB for Girardi I would want Purcell who is relatively young enough and on a decent contract. I doubt Yzerman trades any of his Russian prospects. To me Connolly is in the same boat Kreider is in and I don't want to go down that road again. Would think about Connolly and a first though.

I'm not doing Carolina any favors trading in division and I want no part of Skinner. The move was to try and Justin Faulk and a pick for Staal but that ship has certainly sailed. But at least we got Justin Falk. Oops.

Made Dan

Jul 15, 2007
The Bronx, NY
trade proposal

thoughts??

Done. Doubt Tampa touches it though.

MisterUnspoken

Vintage
Nov 10, 2002
New York
If trading with TB for Girardi I would want Purcell who is relatively young enough and on a decent contract. I doubt Yzerman trades any of his Russian prospects. To me Connolly is in the same boat Kreider is in and I don't want to go down that road again. Would think about Connolly and a first though.

I'm not doing Carolina any favors trading in division and I want no part of Skinner. The move was to try and Justin Faulk and a pick for Staal but that ship has certainly sailed. But at least we got Justin Falk. Oops.

If you guys want Purcell I suggest watching Tampa Bay play and I think you'd change your mind. Enigmatic floater who NEEDS skill on his line in order to produce - he is talented himself but he needs a really solid player with him at all times. We have those types already and they disappoint.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
If you guys want Purcell I suggest watching Tampa Bay play and I think you'd change your mind. Enigmatic floater who NEEDS skill on his line in order to produce - he is talented himself but he needs a really solid player with him at all times. We have those types already and they disappoint.

WE DO?
I thought Wolski, Christ, Zherdev, Lisin and Wraparounds left the building already
Name who you mean now - cuz I think those guys are gone
Now we have something else, not better in any way - but different...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad