Speculation: Who Goes First/Speculation/Rumors Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
If Kane out of Winnipeg is really available the Rangers need to kick the tires. Everyone but Stepan and McDonagh are fair game.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
If Kane out of Winnipeg is really available the Rangers need to kick the tires. Everyone but Stepan and McDonagh are fair game.

Is this a rumor or speculation? I'm not sure we have enough to acquire E. Kane. Actually I'm pretty sure we don't. Yes, anyone can be traded, but who would the Peg want from us?

Last edited:

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Is this a rumor or speculation? I'm not sure we have enough to acquire E. Kane.

Speculation only mostly coming from the main boards. However, if Richards and Jeff Carter can be traded out of the blue in the same day, almost anything is possible.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Probably would be Kreider + Del Zotto + 1st to start, no? Why would they even want to trade Kane, though? Man, he's exactly what the Rangers need. It'd have to be an offer to good to refuse.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Speculation only mostly coming from the main boards. However, if Richards and Jeff Carter can be traded out of the blue in the same day, almost anything is possible.

That isn't Kevin Cheveldayoff's game, and Winnipeg is coming off a huge win against the Blues where Kane is one of the main reasons they came back. Paul Holmgren is not comparable to any other GM in the league.

Kane isn't going anywhere.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Probably would be Kreider + Del Zotto + 1st to start, no? Why would they even want to trade Kane, though? Man, he's exactly what the Rangers need. It'd have to be an offer to good to refuse.

Stop wasting your time. He isn't and won't be available.

Would the Rangers move McDonagh?

This team needs to change. No energy. Slow. Old. No skill. I know Callahan, Nash and Hagelin are out but this is unacceptable. You can't put yourself in this type of hole at the beginning of the season and expect to make the playoffs.

Start selling some of these pieces that don't fit. Boyle. Pyatt. Girardi. MZA. Pouliot. These guys were mainstays from last years team or supposed to help carry the offense this year. It is VERY obvious they don't fit in this system. All are UFA's. Get what you can and deal with the one rough season.

Philadelphia finished second to last and picked JVR. The next season they made the SC finals. They need to retool. They need their young players to develop correctly and they need to add THE RIGHT players that fit this system.

They need major changes.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
The only way I see Kane traded is if he's a malcontent and becomes a distraction. Who knows what goes on behind closed doors. Big Buff, if we believe our insiders here, would be an interesting fit on this team.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Stop wasting your time. He isn't and won't be available.

Would the Rangers move McDonagh?

This team needs to change. No energy. Slow. Old. No skill. I know Callahan, Nash and Hagelin are out but this is unacceptable. You can't put yourself in this type of hole at the beginning of the season and expect to make the playoffs.

Start selling some of these pieces that don't fit. Boyle. Pyatt. Girardi. MZA. Pouliot. These guys were mainstays from last years team or supposed to help carry the offense this year. It is VERY obvious they don't fit in this system. All are UFA's. Get what you can and deal with the one rough season.

Philadelphia finished second to last and picked JVR. The next season they made the SC finals. They need to retool. They need their young players to develop correctly and they need to add THE RIGHT players that fit this system.

They need major changes.

Well that's pretty much what I was saying. Boyle we could get a decent draft pick for. Pyatt probably nothing. Girardi could get a decent package. MZA might be desired by a team that has finishers but no playmakers; Probably not a lot of value there. Pouliot might fetch a draft pick at the deadline from a contender.

cd211

Feb 6, 2010
New York, NY
your guys hate on boyle literally makes no ****en sense...

hes far from the issue and is one of the guys you keep.. dude works hard and is a perfect player in bottom 6 role.. defensively responsible, good teammate, has passion, has some physicalness to him and you guys insist we got to get rid of him!!! why?????

pouliot, pyatt moore dorsett need to get the **** out of here...

rather play young guys then this ****.. but honestly we have to wait till nash, hags and callahan get back before we make crazy irrational moves.. but i would be taking calls on MDZ see if we can get a young top 6 fwd back..

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
devils fan in peace here (shocking, i'm sure) - also, sorry, wasn't sure where to post this:

I wanted to ask an honest question, if I may. As a devils fan, as i'm sure you know, a lot of the time our fanbase makes jokes/claims about lundqvist's pad size as the reason for his success. while I (personally) might think that's true only to a very minuscule amount (I don't think you can go as deep as you did in the 2012 playoffs with just pad size), I wanted to know what you guys thought was the reason for his performance so far this year, and if you could, do a %age breakdown (in your opinion) to these three subjects: the change in defensive strategy (less shot blocking now), the actual pad size, or the quality of shots (unseen shots, defensive breakdowns leading to shots in the top corners, etc.) obviously, those things are tied in, but I wanted to know what you guys thought would've been the issue. it's, of course, without say that having nash, hagelin, and (of course) callahan, is definitely hurting the team, but what do you REALLY think is the issue?

thanks a lot in advance for fielding my question, and best of luck against the flyers (that scum team can stay at the bottom of the division)

lucky13

Iron Chic
Sep 17, 2006
Ridgewood, NY
devils fan in peace here (shocking, i'm sure) - also, sorry, wasn't sure where to post this:

I wanted to ask an honest question, if I may. As a devils fan, as i'm sure you know, a lot of the time our fanbase makes jokes/claims about lundqvist's pad size as the reason for his success. while I (personally) might think that's true only to a very minuscule amount (I don't think you can go as deep as you did in the 2012 playoffs with just pad size), I wanted to know what you guys thought was the reason for his performance so far this year, and if you could, do a %age breakdown (in your opinion) to these three subjects: the change in defensive strategy (less shot blocking now), the actual pad size, or the quality of shots (unseen shots, defensive breakdowns leading to shots in the top corners, etc.) obviously, those things are tied in, but I wanted to know what you guys thought would've been the issue. it's, of course, without say that having nash, hagelin, and (of course) callahan, is definitely hurting the team, but what do you REALLY think is the issue?

thanks a lot in advance for fielding my question, and best of luck against the flyers (that scum team can stay at the bottom of the division)

personally i dont think the pads really have anything to do with it....maybe 5 %%

I think its more the team in front of him and his contract....but what do i know ...... i just dont think 2 inches change all that much....its not like hes giving up a ton 5 hole or anything

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008

Lundquist's biggest weakness over the years are the shots from the point. The traffic, deflections, etc. He's got amazing reflexes, so one on one, point blank shots, goal mouth scrambles, he's one of the best. Torts knew this. And thats why he employed a shot blocking system where very little from the point every made it to Lundquist. Unfortunately AV is a moron who hasn't bothered to pay any attention to anything that happened before he got here. Not everything Torts did should be thrown out with the bath water. Its infuriating.

Callagraves

Block shots
Jan 24, 2011

If he were giving up 5 hole goal after 5 hole goal, I'd say, yeah, the new pads are having an effect on him, but, it hasn't been that.

On the other hand, I've never seen Hanks rebounds look so bad, so I do think the new pads are screwing with his angles, messing with his control.

Most of it comes from our new coach switching the defensive system, and suddenly our all world Defense looks like the ****ing Oilers.

Glennsoe

Horndog
Jan 7, 2011
Found at another messageboard;

According to Bruce Garrioch, in the Ottawa Sun, the Rangers are searching for a top-six forward and looking to trade Chris Kreider.

He says that Kreider was once a top prospect but he has fallen out of favor with the organization.

Kreider has 4 points in six games with 16 shots on goal.

In June, Garrioch reported that the Rangers were quietly shopping JT Miller to try and acquire more established players.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
We need a scoring forward.

The trick is to find a good one for less than we got for Gaborik.

Vanek, Cammalleri, Kane, ect.

I think we blew it not going for Bobby Ryan this offseason. We have some pieces we can move, including Del Zotto, to ge a good forward.

Not only will that help our pivots, Stepan and Brassard, but it should give us balanced lines to roll when Nash returns.

Honestly, I am not horrified by Falk as a 6th right now, and I don't think Conor Allen is that far away. Even if he is, Syvret and Johnson are possible 7ths.

Dr. Ogrodnick

Jan 10, 2007
Found at another messageboard;

Garrioch is like the newspaper version of eklund; less accurate than drawing 2 random teams and players out of a hat. If Garrioch is reporting that then they probably extending Kreider with a no trade clause and making him captain. Of course, I certainly wouldn't put it beyond Sather to trade away the future to take this team from bad to mediocre in order to try and cover up his awful job.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
We need a scoring forward.

The trick is to find a good one for less than we got for Gaborik.

Vanek, Cammalleri, Kane, ect.

I think we blew it not going for Bobby Ryan this offseason. We have some pieces we can move, including Del Zotto, to ge a good forward.

Not only will that help our pivots, Stepan and Brassard, but it should give us balanced lines to roll when Nash returns.

Honestly, I am not horrified by Falk as a 6th right now, and I don't think Conor Allen is that far away. Even if he is, Syvret and Johnson are possible 7ths.

Ottawa gave up 3 young assets for Ryan. Silfverberg,a 2011 first round pick(Noesen) and 2014 first round pick. What's the Rangers comparable package? Hagelin,Miller and 2014 first round pick. The Rangers didn't have a first in 2013.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Gaborik was the only offensive threat on the team. He needs a playmaking center so he doesn't have to do it all himself.

Rangers sign Richards.

Richards and Gabby have no chemistry. This team still isn't scoring goals. Winning games 2-1 is so boring. If we had elite scoring we beat the devils in the ECF.

Rangers trade for Rick Nash.

Wahhh we have no depth now, the Nash trade ruined their unity and role players. This team needs more depth. Gaborik sucks now, he's old and slower. Trade him.

Rangers trade Gaborik for Depth.

Wtffffff this team sucks, they have no heart, no identity, they aren't scoring goals. They need more offense. The bottom 6 is abysmal. They need to trade for an elite scoring winger. Vanek and Kane could be available.

Rangers do exactly what you would expect and the cycle continues.

How can anyone honestly believe that trading away more assets for "established" scoring wingers is going to fix this hockey team? Adding a legit top-6 goal scorer is not going to fix the AHL caliber bottom 6, and glut of tweeners who aren't good enough to be top-6 players, and aren't good enough at bottom 6 roles to play there either. The team isn't healthy. There is no possible way to evaluate this team as it stands until it is 100% healthy. The only thing that is for sure right now is the bottom-6 looks like **** outside Boyle, and maybe Moore when he isn't taking stupid face-off penalties.

Pyatt, Poopalot, and Powe need to go. Zuccarello is not far off from joining that list. The problem is they don't have any replacements. All of the prospects in Hartford outside maybe Haley, Hrivik, and Lindberg project to be top-6 players. Kristo, Miller, Kreider, Fast, top-6. Lindberg and Hrivik are right on the cusp of being 2nd liners if they reach their ceiling.

For me right now there is no definitive answer to fix this team, especially until they are healthy. Trading DelZotto will be a mistake until they have a proper replacement for him. No one in Hartford is replacing his minutes or production. John Moore has a lot to prove.

UlfNilsson

Oct 17, 2011
Baltimore, MD

hes far from the issue and is one of the guys you keep.. dude works hard and is a perfect player in bottom 6 role.. defensively responsible, good teammate, has passion, has some physicalness to him and you guys insist we got to get rid of him!!! why?????

rather play young guys then this ****.. but honestly we have to wait till nash, hags and callahan get back before we make crazy irrational moves.. but i would be taking calls on MDZ see if we can get a young top 6 fwd back..

Bingo. Good postings.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville

The hate on Boyle is Pejorative Slured because he is the only player outside Moore and Dorsett in the bottom six who is effective at a bottom six role. Powe has been historically, but without Boyle, the bottom six gets exponentially worse.

The problem with playing the kids in the bottom six over Poopalot, Pyatt, Moore and Dorsett, is that they are not suitable for that role either. The only thing they will bring to the bottom 6 that you want from bottom six players is energy. Haley is the only call-up that will bring energy, tenacity, grit and toughness. That's only one replacement.

X - Moore - X
Dorsett - Boyle - Haley

That's the bottom 6 IF you keep Moore and Dorsett (which they should), who fills the last two slots?

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
If Yakupov is indeed on the market as has been insinuated - would we deal Kreider, Miller and Skjei for him and a pick? Would that be enough? I prefer to keep Big Mac around. Not sure that would be a deal I would make --- but Sather might...
Also what about sending Zucc for Tootoo (midget swap) that is also reportedly on the market? We could then look like:

NYR ROSTER

FORWARDS
Nail Yakupov ($3.775m) / Derek Stepan ($3.075m) / Rick Nash ($7.800m)
Carl Hagelin ($2.250m) / Brad Richards ($6.667m) / Ryan Callahan ($4.275m)
Brian Boyle ($1.700m) / Derick Brassard ($3.200m) / Taylor Pyatt ($1.550m)
Jordin Tootoo ($1.900m) / Dominic Moore ($1.000m) / Derek Dorsett ($1.633m)
Benoit Pouliot ($1.300m) / Micheal Haley or Brandon Mashinter ($0.600m)

DEFENSEMEN
Ryan McDonagh ($4.700m) / Dan Girardi ($3.325m)
Marc Staal ($3.975m) / Anton Stralman ($1.700m)
John Moore ($0.965m) / Michael Del Zotto ($2.550m)
Justin Falk ($0.975m)

GOALTENDERS
Henrik Lundqvist ($6.875m)
Cameron Talbot ($0.563m)

CAP PENALTY (DEMOTED)
Darroll Powe ($0.142m)
Arron Asham ($0.075m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000
CAP PAYROLL: $66,569,167
BONUSES: $2,675,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $405,833

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->