Who can stop the Hawks?

HolyGhost

May 6, 2016
Buffalo
Impressive performance tonight, shutting down the Stanley Cup champion in title. Their offense is going full throttle, they have leadership experience, great minds behind the bench, and a strong goaltender who knows what it takes to win. Can anyone stop a team led by 100% healthy, motivated and ready Toews and Kane at this point?

There is this team play, it is their home arena, they have this kid the team stole from the Sabres a few years ago, I hear he is pretty good and a one man wrecking crew

PositiveCashFlow

Snowmen fall to earth unassembled
Jul 10, 2007
toewsmural.jpg

intangibles tho

The funny part about this painting (okay, one of the funny parts) was that it was created before the 2010 cup win.

The guy needs to come to Edmonton.

Hopefully this work of art will have the same effect ;)

CX2BfEdUEAE521v

RavenGuard

Feb 20, 2020
The North
Nylander-Strome-Kane can get hemmed in their own end at times but they put the puck in the net regularly.

Kubalik has come the closest to replacing Hossa(Hossa is not replaceable) with Toews and Saad.

Dach is uber talented and he has DeBrincat and Caggiula(Thanks Chia!) on his line.

The Hawks 4th line is meh.

IMO Boqvist, de Haan and Crawford are keys for the Hawks. If they can pick up where they left off before they got injured.....this is going to be a close series. The Hawks were on a roll when the season got stopped and they had a weak schedule to close out the year. Who knows if they'd have put it together enough to sneak in as an 8 seed. Things were trending in the right direction.

I'd still rather get Lafreniere or the 10th pick and go to war next year.
And yet the Hawks were 23rd in the league with a top 5 goaltending duo and the Oilers were.....9th.

If they had lines as good as you claim they wouldnt have been hot garbage for the majority of the season. The ONLY reason the Hawks weren't contending for 31st is their goaltending and even WITH lights out tending they were....23rd

RavenGuard

Feb 20, 2020
The North
4th in the Toews, Kane, and Kieth era. Obviously. I'm sure this is tough for you because the Blues just won their first Cup but when you win more than one you can seperate them between eras.

Here to help little buddy!
Itll be nice when the Hawks fan base disappears for another 30 years after this run is over. Just another front runner fanbase that only shows up when the team is good.

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
As much fun as this thread is to read.... There were actual fellow Blues fans crying about the loss .... One game that was even mess important then a preseason game when at least some people are fighting for jobs

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Itll be nice when the Hawks fan base disappears for another 30 years after this run is over. Just another front runner fanbase that only shows up when the team is good.

That’s crazy. Especially since they’ve had the highest average attendance in the league EVERY YEAR since the last time they made the playoffs

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
And yet the Hawks were 23rd in the league with a top 5 goaltending duo and the Oilers were.....9th.

If they had lines as good as you claim they wouldnt have been hot garbage for the majority of the season. The ONLY reason the Hawks weren't contending for 31st is their goaltending and even WITH lights out tending they were....23rd
No the issue is that they never had everyone healthy at the same time. Murphy, Keith and de Haan all missed games on D, with de Haan missing most of the season. Strome and Saad also missed 12 games each.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Impressive performance tonight, shutting down the Stanley Cup champion in title. Their offense is going full throttle, they have leadership experience, great minds behind the bench, and a strong goaltender who knows what it takes to win. Can anyone stop a team led by 100% healthy, motivated and ready Toews and Kane at this point?

Yeah... an exhibition game that means squat where St. Louis didn't give a crap

Reactions: Cotton McKnight

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
No the issue is that they never had everyone healthy at the same time. Murphy, Keith and de Haan all missed games on D, with de Haan missing most of the season. Strome and Saad also missed 12 games each.

Every team has injuries throughout the season, not just your favorite team. The Oilers had injuries as well, they were without McDavid - the best player in the league - for periods of time this season. It's a really lame excuse.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
4th in the Toews, Kane, and Kieth era. Obviously. I'm sure this is tough for you because the Blues just won their first Cup but when you win more than one you can seperate them between eras.

Here to help little buddy!
Well, to be fair, about 90% of the Hawks fans I come across don’t realize hockey existed before 2009, so I’m usually the one saying “Here to help, little buddy.” An honest mistake, but your apology is accepted.

BTW, how is the era from 1962-2009 referred to? Do you misspell the names of players from those eras too?

Reactions: Cotton McKnight

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
It’s referred to as “Blues Cup Drought: Part 1”
Your team won 1 Cup in 71 years, and for most of that period there were only 5 other teams that could win it. Probably not a good idea to be referring to any other team as having a "drought". Glass houses and all.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Your team won 1 Cup in 71 years, and for most of that period there were only 5 other teams that could win it. Probably not a good idea to be referring to any other team as having a "drought". Glass houses and all.

I must have missed the fact that 1962-2010 was mostly in the 6 team era instead of just being 6 years. Key thing to note unlike the Blues Chicago actually had 5 real finals appearances compared to St.Louis and their zero

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
My first answer would be, probably the Oilers. If they win, then i would say probably the first round opponent. If they win that round, i would say probably their second round opponent...etc..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad