Who can stop the Hawks?

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
My prediction is that McDavid and Draisaitl are going to have the Hawks for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Of course, in this bizarre situation anything can happen and there are no 'upsets' in the NHL anymore, but regardless I have a strong feeling that a butt-whooping is coming.

Reactions: BHD

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
448FF488-A2C1-4383-AE3B-4DCC551F637A.gif
McDavid will be shut down by his best friend Dylan strome.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
i think it's more likely kane beats up nylander on ice for repeatedly going offside than the hawks advance into the playoffs

Reactions: Cotton McKnight

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
The Blues were playing like it’s an exhibition game and have another 2 weeks to fine tune things until the real games start for them. I doubt any of the top 4 teams care to much about the seeding round robin since the only advantage you get with home ice right now is last change.

Reactions: Cotton McKnight

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
If a fully healthy and beast mode McDavid and Draisaitl show up against the Hawks..
Kane and Toews would be neutralized in no time. This isn't 2011, where I would favour the Hawks due to thier depth and a much younger duo. This is a Mega Duo about to hit thier prime years...

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
If a fully healthy and beast mode McDavid and Draisaitl show up against the Hawks..
Kane and Toews would be neutralized in no time. This isn't 2011, where I would favour the Hawks due to thier depth and a much younger duo. This is a Mega Duo about to hit thier prime years...
However, you might as well call the Oilers the McDrais because outside of them their forward depth is lacking. McDrai are really good but the rest of the team.....not so much. I mean, Nuge and Yamamoto are ok but the Hawks have 3 lines that can score on you, and if Crawford is up to speed they have a huge edge in net.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
However, you might as well call the Oilers the McDrais because outside of them their forward depth is lacking. McDrai are really good but the rest of the team.....not so much. I mean, Nuge and Yamamoto are ok but the Hawks have 3 lines that can score on you, and if Crawford is up to speed they have a huge edge in net.

The Oilers have depth and 2 lines that can dominate Kassian-McDavid-AA/Neal, and the best line in hockey in the second half. Yam-Draisaitl- RNH. Could be a good series. I'm expecting the highest scoring play in series.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
The Oilers have depth and 2 lines that can dominate Kassian-McDavid-AA/Neal, and the best line in hockey in the second half. Yam-Draisaitl- RNH. Could be a good series. I'm expecting the highest scoring play in series.
Nylander-Strome-Kane can get hemmed in their own end at times but they put the puck in the net regularly.

Kubalik has come the closest to replacing Hossa(Hossa is not replaceable) with Toews and Saad.

Dach is uber talented and he has DeBrincat and Caggiula(Thanks Chia!) on his line.

The Hawks 4th line is meh.

IMO Boqvist, de Haan and Crawford are keys for the Hawks. If they can pick up where they left off before they got injured.....this is going to be a close series. The Hawks were on a roll when the season got stopped and they had a weak schedule to close out the year. Who knows if they'd have put it together enough to sneak in as an 8 seed. Things were trending in the right direction.

I'd still rather get Lafreniere or the 10th pick and go to war next year.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
I think the Oilers can but given how common upsets are, and that the Oilers really haven't earned the respect yet by being a consistent playoff team, I think it's pretty fair to say the Hawks could win this round.. But not sure about the cup. Would have to be a hell of a run.

But my money is still on the Oilers after 5 games unless they completely choke.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Seriously?

First game played in four f***ing months and we already have a thread like this?

I mean seriously?

This is ridiculous. Even for hf boards standards.

Unless i am totally missing the sarcasm. Still though, why post this?
Wait...When did the HF get standards? Was that in the new TOS i didn’t read?

Reactions: Syckle78

EdmFlyersfan

Feb 20, 2007
Edmonton
Oilers don't have the depth outside McDrai, they have some guys who show up in flashes...in the playoffs you need a depth of consistency. The series will be closer than most think.

Talonted

Dec 9, 2010
There is only 1 single thread on the first page of this forum hyping up a specific team and it happens to be the team playing the Oilers. I AM SURPRISED.

Reactions: Dieseloil

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->