Who can stop the Hawks?

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
I must have missed the fact that 1962-2010 was mostly in the 6 team era instead of just being 6 years.
1938-2010 is 71 years.

1938-1967 is 28 years.

"Most" was a mischaracterization, should have said "many", but 71 years with 28 of those having just 6 teams in the league and only one banner to show for it is pretty <sad trombone>. Seems a lot of Hawks fans either conveniently forget these facts or don't realize hockey existed before 2009.
Key thing to note unlike the Blues Chicago actually had 5 real finals appearances compared to St.Louis and their zero
1968 + 1969 + 1970 =/= "zero" no matter how they teach math where you're from. Try harder next time. Unless you're saying that YOU get to decide which finals appearances are "real" and which are not. I have the memorabilia from those Finals series so I can assure you they were "real".

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
toewsmural.jpg

intangibles tho

Are you sure that's intangibles? It looks more like he just had to poop really bad.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
If Hawks win and Oilers claim the first over-all pick, we are going to burn this league down one arena at a time.

Crow

May 19, 2014
Literally every team could. They could go on a run for sure though.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Your team won 1 Cup in 71 years, and for most of that period there were only 5 other teams that could win it. Probably not a good idea to be referring to any other team as having a "drought". Glass houses and all.

Don’t start none, won’t be none, pal.

Reactions: Crow

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
1938-2010 is 71 years.

1938-1967 is 28 years.

"Most" was a mischaracterization, should have said "many", but 71 years with 28 of those having just 6 teams in the league and only one banner to show for it is pretty <sad trombone>. Seems a lot of Hawks fans either conveniently forget these facts or don't realize hockey existed before 2009.

1968 + 1969 + 1970 =/= "zero" no matter how they teach math where you're from. Try harder next time. Unless you're saying that YOU get to decide which finals appearances are "real" and which are not. I have the memorabilia from those Finals series so I can assure you they were "real".

They still have a lot more finals appearances with 8 than many teams have in their entire history. And that was even with teams like Detroit cheating to levels that make the Black Sox and Astros scandals look tame by comparison.

The Blues 3 finals appearances are very much asterik worthy given how much help they got being placed in an all expansion conference. Place any O6 team and they make the finals in that historically bad conference

Pav96

Nov 22, 2016
Impressive performance tonight, shutting down the Stanley Cup champion in title. Their offense is going full throttle, they have leadership experience, great minds behind the bench, and a strong goaltender who knows what it takes to win. Can anyone stop a team led by 100% healthy, motivated and ready Toews and Kane at this point?

Umm im gonna say the Oil lol they are gonna win in 4, the hawks D are Terrible, there goaltending is not good and they only have one superstar compared to two, it ain't gonna be close

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
Umm im gonna say the Oil lol they are gonna win in 4, the hawks D are Terrible, there goaltending is not good and they only have one superstar compared to two, it ain't gonna be close
Crawford is a better goalie than anything Oilers have, plus he, and Blackhawks core has a ton more experience of deep playoff runs. Also, this is not fornicating basketball. Stars doesn't matter as much as a good team. Otherwise Penguins would've won every Stanley Cup for the past 15 years.

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
Crawford is a better goalie than anything Oilers have, plus he, and Blackhawks core has a ton more experience of deep playoff runs. Also, this is not fornicating basketball. Stars doesn't matter as much as a good team. Otherwise Penguins would've won every Stanley Cup for the past 15 years.
Crawford hasn’t played a real game in a very long time so the goaltending concern is very legitimate.

The experience argument is pretty weak considering they haven’t even been to the playoffs in several seasons, a good chunk of those players have never even skated in a playoff game, and experience sure as hell didn’t help them out in their last playoff appearance where they got completely dismantled, and fans were claiming the same “experience” argument before that series.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Crawford hasn’t played a real game in a very long time so the goaltending concern is very legitimate.

The experience argument is pretty weak considering they haven’t even been to the playoffs in several seasons, a good chunk of those players have never even skated in a playoff game, and experience sure as hell didn’t help them out in their last playoff appearance where they got completely dismantled, and fans were claiming the same “experience” argument before that series.
Nobody has played a real game in a very long time...

Reactions: AzHawk and SoCalFan

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Impressive performance tonight, shutting down the Stanley Cup champion in title. Their offense is going full throttle, they have leadership experience, great minds behind the bench, and a strong goaltender who knows what it takes to win. Can anyone stop a team led by 100% healthy, motivated and ready Toews and Kane at this point?
Yep. The Oilers.

MissouriMook

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
They still have a lot more finals appearances with 8 than many teams have in their entire history. And that was even with teams like Detroit cheating to levels that make the Black Sox and Astros scandals look tame by comparison.

The Blues 3 finals appearances are very much asterik worthy given how much help they got being placed in an all expansion conference. Place any O6 team and they make the finals in that historically bad conference
I don't think 8 appearances in 94 years (especially when 40 of those years they were one of only 6 teams) versus 4 appearances in 53 years is making the point you think you're making. And ask Habs and Bruins fans if they think the cups they won in 1968-1970 count like their others.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I love a good chuckle on a Friday. Someone who lacks the self-awareness to take their own advice is always a good resource.

I made a joke about the Hawks winning another Cup based off of an exhibition game and you quoted me. Have fun watching your 2019 Stanley Cup DVD after the Blues get eliminated in a month.

Reactions: SoCalFan

MissouriMook

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
I made a joke about the Hawks winning another Cup based off of an exhibition game and you quoted me. Have fun watching your 2019 Stanley Cup DVD after the Blues get eliminated in a month.
You're taking this all way too seriously for someone who will be praying for the 1st overall pick in less than a week. You made a joke about a 4th Cup. I pointed out your team already has 6, and would have to give 2 back to get to 4. I can't help it if math isn't your best subject.

First rule of holes: Quit digging.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
You're taking this all way too seriously for someone who will be praying for the 1st overall pick in less than a week. You made a joke about a 4th Cup. I pointed out your team already has 6, and would have to give 2 back to get to 4. I can't help it if math isn't your best subject.

First rule of holes: Quit digging.

I'm not taking it seriously. I made a joke in a dumb thread. You started it all man. Well aware of how many Cups my hockey team has won. Winning another one in the Kane and Toews era would be 4. Simple as that.

This was a great use of my time though, appreciate it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->