Who can stop the Hawks?

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
I'm not taking it seriously. I made a joke in a dumb thread. You started it all man. Well aware of how many Cups my hockey team has won. Winning another one in the Kane and Toews era would be 4. Simple as that.

This was a great use of my time though, appreciate it

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
He literally played in the last Hawks game before the league shut down.

It’s kinda funny how little the Oilers fans seem to know about the Hawks and their roster. Here’s a guy(the poster you responded to) that thinks Crawford hasn’t played in years. In the other thread someone thinks we lost “one of our best defenseman” when we traded Gus. And they all seem to think the Hawks are an old/veteran team. They know absolutely nothing about any of our young talent aside from the fact Dach was drafted 3rd overall.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
It’s kinda funny how little the Oilers fans seem to know about the Hawks and their roster. Here’s a guy(the poster you responded to) that thinks Crawford hasn’t played in years. In the other thread someone thinks we lost “one of our best defenseman” when we traded Gus. And they all seem to think the Hawks are an old/veteran team. They know absolutely nothing about any of our young talent aside from the fact Dach was drafted 3rd overall.
Some Oilers fans are, sure. Plenty are decent posters, though. Remember how many talked up Kirby after the draft.

Oilers have the advantage, at least on paper, but any fan from either base thinking this series will be easy are too cocky for my liking.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Fort Sask is about a half hour out of Edmonton give or take.

It's not much more than 10 minutes out of Edmonton.

It was a joke based on his hometown being Fort Saskatchewan, and not Edmonton. To some people, that can be a big difference.

Reactions: snipes

Pav96

Nov 22, 2016
Crawford is a better goalie than anything Oilers have, plus he, and Blackhawks core has a ton more experience of deep playoff runs. Also, this is not fornicating basketball. Stars doesn't matter as much as a good team. Otherwise Penguins would've won every Stanley Cup for the past 15 years.

When is the last time Crawford has been any good? 3 Years ago? maybe 4? Can't live off of 2015 Performance, those days are long gone

Jeffrey Lebowski

The Chicago Little Lebowski Urban Achievers
Jul 31, 2009
North Side
I'm a hawks fan, and i believe that we have ourselves a jinx thread.

Pretty clearly, the oilers could stop the hawks. I mean, even if they pull it off and the hawks advance, that's probably where it ends for us.

So...

Edit: it's funny that this is a "jinx thread" because honestly, beating the blues in an exhibition game is seriously not that much of an accomplishment. They didn't exactly look like they were firing on all cylinders. It was a huge momentum boost though, I'm sure.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Maybe I’m just not seeing enough of the decent ones. They appear to be few and far between. Most of what I’m seeing is something along the lines of “McDrai is gonna dominate, Oilers in 3(possibly 4).”
Saying they end it in 4 isn't a slight against us when we're playing in a best of 5.

Reactions: Oilers Propagandist

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Saying they end it in 4 isn't a slight against us when we're playing in a best of 5.

Stop arguing with me man we’re supposed to be on the same side here god dammit. ;)

No but seriously I’m not saying the prediction of 4 games is the issue. Rather the way it’s being stated. The arrogance of it all.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Maybe I’m just not seeing enough of the decent ones. They appear to be few and far between. Most of what I’m seeing is something along the lines of “McDrai is gonna dominate, Oilers in 3(possibly 4).”
I think your problem is that you correlate a handful of posters on the mains with Oilers fans here in general.

The mains are not a good representation of any teams fanbase.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
I think your problem is that you correlate a handful of posters on the mains with Oilers fans here in general.

The mains are not a good representation of any teams fanbase.

This is very true. Ya know what, I’m gonna go ahead and like this post.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
I'm a hawks fan, and i believe that we have ourselves a jinx thread.

Pretty clearly, the oilers could stop the hawks. I mean, even if they pull it off and the hawks advance, that's probably where it ends for us.

So...

Edit: it's funny that this is a "jinx thread" because honestly, beating the blues in an exhibition game is seriously not that much of an accomplishment. They didn't exactly look like they were firing on all cylinders. It was a huge momentum boost though, I'm sure.
Dude.

tenor.gif

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Are you really whining about the 13.5% of the people who picked the Oilers in 3 in the other thread where a lot of them weren’t Oilers fan who picked that?

I specifically said my issue is with the fans bragging about how McDrai was gonna destroy us. I don’t like the cocky BS. Realistically the two teams are pretty evenly matched all things considered, I think the Oilers have a slight advantage but that’s it. Hawks in 5.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
When is the last time Crawford has been any good? 3 Years ago? maybe 4? Can't live off of 2015 Performance, those days are long gone

What about this season does that count? Cuz he’s been good this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad