Who can stop the Hawks?

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Impressive performance tonight, shutting down the Stanley Cup champion in title. Their offense is going full throttle, they have leadership experience, great minds behind the bench, and a strong goaltender who knows what it takes to win. Can anyone stop a team led by 100% healthy, motivated and ready Toews and Kane at this point?
I'm guessing the pens and that sexy minx Letang could get the job done ;)

Reactions: Koews2Tane

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
I specifically said my issue is with the fans bragging about how McDrai was gonna destroy us. I don’t like the cocky BS. Realistically the two teams are pretty evenly matched all things considered, I think the Oilers have a slight advantage but that’s it. Hawks in 5.
How dare people be confident of 3 of the last 4 Art Ross winners
Also Lindsay and Harry nominees

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
I don't think 8 appearances in 94 years (especially when 40 of those years they were one of only 6 teams) versus 4 appearances in 53 years is making the point you think you're making. And ask Habs and Bruins fans if they think the cups they won in 1968-1970 count like their others.

You missed my point above. What the norris family did to the Hawks and Rangers to help Detroit is worse than any cheating scandal in sports history and it was entirely allowed by the league.

In regards to the Habs and Bruins they count those cups because they still had to beat the other O6 teams to get there. The east division finals was the real final. St.Louis doesnt even make the playoffs if they played in an average conference. The semis literally determined which team would cake walk against the Blues in all of those years. St.Louis was blown out in 3 straight years due to being a slightly less smelly turd in a toilet bowl of a conference.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
67/1 to win the cup at my book this morning and I seriously thought about it but passed.

I know it’s only 1 game , but 67/1 was a bad line.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
67/1 to win the cup at my book this morning and I seriously thought about it but passed.

I know it’s only 1 game , but 67/1 was a bad line.

The cup is rarely awarded before the first round starts, I would be a little more hesitant to plan the social distance parade for the 23rd best team in the league this year. Its a marathon, not a sprint.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Possibly the Oilers. I think it will be a good series anyway!

The Oilers, most likely.

Possibly a 100% healthy, motivated and ready Draisaitl and McDavid?

Jesus saves. McJesus destroys. The end.

I not a fan of either team, but I think Edmonton is going to wipe the floor with Chicago in the play-in round.
giphy.gif

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
They look good, but they need that D and Crawford to hold up against teams that are more than 2 players deep. They have a long, long way to go. Enough with the overreaction culture. But they do look solid.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
They look good, but they need that D and Crawford to hold up against teams that are more than 2 players deep. They have a long, long way to go. Enough with the overreaction culture. But they do look solid.
Sweeping the Oil should give their D a bunch of confidence.

mynamejeff420

Apr 14, 2020
Who can stop the Hawks? Literally any team with a competent defense and a not awful goalie. Fortunately for them Edmonton has neither (well that's not really true, Koskinen is solid but they opted to play Smith instead).

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
The cup is rarely awarded before the first round starts, I would be a little more hesitant to plan the social distance parade for the 23rd best team in the league this year. Its a marathon, not a sprint.

Yeah of course - but they did win 3 cups with their core. The experience there absolutely shouldn't be overlooked, it counts, especially when they're rested. I'm not saying they're going to win the cup - but I am saying i don't consider them 23rd most likely team to win it - I think they have better odds than that.

I do still think Edmonton puts it together on the back of McDavid/Drai to win, but we'll see

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad