PP- Reaves screen goalie

Matthews4Calder

Nov 27, 2016
BC Western Canada
We never other than Bertuzzi maybe have someone screening. Watch other teams even in this series Bruins have had a couple goals scored from it. Leafs PP is so predictable yet the coaches keep rolling out the same shi*.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I could see Reaves being used as a bulldozer if they ever want to initiate a quick dump and chase to set up a PP.

Move up the ice quickly. Hard rim around towards Reaves corner. Reaves takes a massive run at the puck retrieving defenseman, Leafs take the puck, Reaves rotates to the net front.

Suddenly 1 or 2 of the Bruins defensemen have engaged in a massive corner interaction with Reaves and has to engage him in a net front interaction.

banks

W W W 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Aug 29, 2019
The PP looked OK in game 2 and 3, for the most part. The one at the end of the 2nd period was an abysmal disaster, took an equalizing penalty, and cost the game. But I thought they created chances other than that atrocious attempt.

It's time to change things up, I agree. But I don't think it needs anything as radical as Reav-o.

Just take Rielly off the 1st unit. His pop-gun point shot isn't enough for the Bruins to care, so they jam up the rest of the ice and dare him to shoot. It makes the PP boring with a QB who has no option but a pass to the half boards.

Anyone else in that spot would be an improvement for unit 1. Nylander, move Tavares, Lil, heck even Timmins. That would be enough to make a difference right now.

Reactions: OddyOh

ITM

Out on the front line, don't worry I'll be fine...
Jan 26, 2012
Interesting proposition.

We've got elite shooters...Especially when Nylander returns.

PP1: Matthews, Reaves, Nylander, Domi, Reilly
PP2: Matthews, Reaves, Marner, Bertuzzi, Liljegren.

And yes, I mean to leave Matthews and Reaves on for the whole 2 minutes. And that's irrespective of my anticipation which says, I don't think we're getting 5 calls again. Might as well maximize the critical time we have when we have the man advantage.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
I am up for everything, but we are dealing with Keefe here who never seems to change things. Or he blenders lines, but never PK/PP.

I have no problem with this. I hope Keefe is trying something desperate soon.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
It really says a lot that this is one of the few things Bertuzzi is at least supposed to be able to actually do, and yet we still have people advocating for throwing a 4th line enforcer on the PP instead.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
I’m down for anything as long as it means change or Christ’s sake. The current setup isn’t working. Maybe Nylander returning Will chance that first units fortunes but I doubt it. We had all of the Big Four + Rielly in the final games of the season and the PP still stunk.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Bertuzzi is your best option.

Was glad he was back on PP1, but was battled to see him setting up down low rather than in the garbage areas.

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
Keefe stop coming to HF for help. Hire someone competent with your next team.

AustonMarner

Sep 3, 2018
Put Reaves/Bertuzzi in front to create chaos, remove bumper position and have 4 skilled players rotating clockwise down-low and up-high to create chances, one player can drop into slot when advantageous for high danger scoring chance... powerplay needs to be less obvious and predictably structured which makes it easily shut down

Having a guy like Tavares just stand in the "bumper" spot and block scoring chances, while Leafs telegraph passes to Matthews just isn't cutting it at this point lol

Last edited:

SpaceSpartan

Apr 22, 2024
I mean, it isn't crazy. The Knights gave him some PP time and he scored a few times. I'm the biggest Reaves fanboy in the world, but even I would only be interested in seeing it as a surprise PP2 once or twice. Of course, if it works....

Last edited:

NVious

Dec 20, 2022
Reaves deserves powerplay time as is, Marner has 1 point, Tavares has 1 point and Reaves has 1 point, and only costing 1 million making him technically 11x the player Tavares and Marner are.

Burkeocet

Nov 2, 2019
Robertson should get more looks too. The PP has been awful and they need to try new things

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad