Speculation: Which third line center (3C) would you prefer?

Which third line center (3C) would you prefer?

• Total voters

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
I mean the odds of Cizikias getting a major injury in the off-season is fairly low. I'm sure Lou wouldn't screw over one of his treasured boys over either.
He’s not going anywhere. He’ll stay in Long Island.

1000eeer

Jan 28, 2020
Quebec city
That is a good roster IMO

Attachments

• Capture d’écran, le 2021-08-04 à 18.58.21.png
    Capture d’écran, le 2021-08-04 à 18.58.21.png
    123.1 KB · Views: 12

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I don’t think you should take yourself very seriously when it comes to player evaluations. I think you are missing the mark wildly on both claims.
I am an amateur and I base my unqualified opinions on watching games. Purely a fan.

MaynardJames

Jul 6, 2007
Quebec
I'm wondering, is Dea completely out of the equation ? Any chance he steal a spot at camp ? I don't know much about him.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I wouldn’t give any asset to acquire a 3rd C… regardless we won’t even be a playoff team. trust our prospect you can always acquire someone closer to the deadline if we are in a better position…

Last edited:
Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
that would be quite something if we ended up moving KK for Dvorak after letting Danault go, essentially losing Danault and KK for Dvorak :skeptic:

i find it illogical to move too many pieces for a 3C when we coulda just resigned Danault for 500k more, a quality C is a different story

DD was 5.5 x 6 yrs?
What Dvoraks contract? ) 4.5 for 3 more years or 2?
That's alot more than 500k in total.

Get what your saying thou -Assets to replace a C. PD made his decisions to go FA a year ago. Not much could be done. And if a team has a surplus in one area, move it to address concerns.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
To me it's KK on the 3rd. He isn't a 2nd line center yet, so it would be too much for him. Even worst if Suzuki is out for a while because an injury. To be really competitive, i think that the best target should be Dubois; less expensive than Eichel, coming back from a very deceptive season, big, good 200' player , it would give the Habs a very solid duo with Suzuki. At least , if this last is injured, it won't be a disaster .

HabsQC

Sep 27, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
I like Kadri.

He's crazy, can play a really good 200ft game, born a Habs fan, 31 and just the right age for a few good cheap years, he's crazy, not as good as Danault but far more offensive so it will be a wash, he's crazy, he can step into the 2C if Kk can't find his big boy pants, he's crazy.

So go ahead, find all the tomatoes and throw them .....:squint:

BTW....some of the list need kk to go back the other way., It makes absolutely no sense. You want someonoe around 30 so he can fill in for 3 years while Kk is finding his game. And Evans too. We need an older 3C to fill in for a year or three.

Is he crazy ? :laugh:

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
I would take a radical approach: trade for Domi, with Columbus retaining 50% salary. Give up 3rd round choice for a player that Columbus is anxious to move. A complete reclamation project, but far less risky that drafting Mailloux. What is the downside risk? $3 million dollars? If Domi can recapture 70% of his form of 2018-2019, it would be a huge boost to the team. At the very least, he would help our dreadful 3 on 3 play, as Domi is a dynamic skater when motivated.

Liking the idea.

Jul 6, 2016
Nobody mentioned Pavel Zacha. He is now playing LW on a 2nd line in NJ because Hughes and Hishier have the two centermen spots.

Could be a good solution to pivot our 2nd or 3rd line. He is big, strong, good skater. And only 24 !!!!

Reactions: Mr Mom and 1000eeer

Jul 6, 2016
Bergevin won't make any moves to acquire another middle-six centerman until the camp is over. He has to see if KK can get the job done as a #2. See if Evans can do the job as #3 . See if Poehling is NHL ready. See if Perreault could be placed at C on the 3rd line. See if Paquette can play regular on the 4th.... Then, he will make or not a move.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Bergevin won't make any moves to acquire another middle-six centerman until the camp is over. He has to see if KK can get the job done as a #2. See if Evans can do the job as #3 . See if Poehling is NHL ready. See if Perreault could be placed at C on the 3rd line. See if Paquette can play regular on the 4th.... Then, he will make or not a move.

He doesn't have to analyze anything, KK was not ready 1 month ago, he won't be ready at camp suddenly by magic. I think the holding is more connected to Eichel - when Eichel is traded it will unfreeze the rest.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad