Speculation: Which third line center (3C) would you prefer?

Which third line center (3C) would you prefer?

• Total voters

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
How about you guys give Ryan Poehling a shot at 3C?

Poehling won't get the 3C before Evans.

If anyone will fill the 3C hole internally, it will be Evans. He's ahead of Poehling in experience and has proven he's NHL material. Whereas Poehling at the moment hasn't shown yet.

Poehling will be a full time NHL'er, but at this moment, Evans is ahead of him and would be the 3C to start.

Reactions: Schooner Guy

HABitual Fan

May 22, 2007
Short of something crazy involving blowing up the team, there is no ideal candidate available. The best option is Bozak as he is a free-agent, anyone else and you create a hole to fill a hole and don't address the 3rd line center problem, only potentially upgrade the 2nd line center depending on how you feel about KK.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Not voting on this cause our team will use lines based on usage and match-up's. This 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th line narratives are flawed. Cizikas would fill the missing hole of Danault leaving to some degree. Was Danault a 2C or 3C? :sarcasm: :loony:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Please take Kerfoot off the list! The idea that someone is considering him as an option makes me puke. Let me guess... he provides some offense and playing defense don't matter? :facepalm:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Dvorak would be our second center if he's acquired.

A lot of people just don't know a lot about him because he plays in Arizona.

Dvorak would be a good fit if we can't get Eichel on the trade market. I'd consider a KK/PLD trade as well (if the Jets wanted to talk). Other than that, I don't see much options that fit our needs.

Dvorak is solid 200' center and has a bit of offensive skills. Not as good as Danault in his own end but better on the offensive end. I would be able to live with the 200' game with Suzuki and Dvorak with Evans playing the defensive role. KK as the wild card and Poehling behind him hungry to steal a job.

Cost to acquire Dvorak? High! He's got a value contract. I also think the Coyotes need him more than we do so that makes me think we got to give them pry away value.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Drouin + Poehling + Harris + 2nd round pick for Dvorak?

Is that enough?

Poehling alone should be enough IMO. Adding Drouin would be cap going the other way but then they add salary. Adding Harris and a 2nd should be more than enough IMO. That would make them think a lot. I say keep Harris out of it. Poehling, 2nd, Drouin.

Put yourself in their shoes? Poehling is NHL fringe ready and they would probably play him if they trade Dvorak. Drouin would be someone they consider moving at this next deadline or the one after. Offer them a 2023 or 2024 2nd. They have too much in 2022! :laugh:

If you were the Coyotes GM, how would you see your center depth without Dvorak?

ML16

Aug 28, 2020
Montreal
Acquiring Dvorak would likely entail mainly dealing future assets (prospects and picks) to a rebuilding franchise; it wouldn’t come cheap, especially if a bidding war for his services occurs. Arizona has no reason to part with this highly effective, cost-efficient middle-6 C and will thus be greedy, rightly so.

I see Copp as a potentially more affordable acquisition since Winnipeg will be tight under the cap after Pionk’s and Stanley’s new contracts and might thus be open to trade Copp (who should command around 4,5M AAV while being used mainly as LW3 since Dubois/Lowry are already sharing middle-6 duties) for a more cost-efficient 3rd liner like Lekhonen and his 2.3M AAV contract - and a small incentive since Copp can play C. It would furthermore enable Montreal to use its futures assets in a trade for a PMD; in that regard, Dunn seems like an obvious candidate.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
Depends on if Bergy is serious about playing Kotkaniemi as a #2C. If he is, I'd go with Bozak.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I wonder why Bozak is still not signed by any team yet.

Cause he is 35 and not willing to take a 1 year deal at $1M - $2M range... not yet anyways.

I also think other GM's have their hands in the trade cookie jars and telling certain UFA's to wait before they make their offer. Kind of a hand shake deal but they need to get other things done first.

Bozak don't need to be in a hurry if he is willing to take a 1 year low AAV contract. He'll get that regardless if he signs it now or later

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
IMO, Bozak at age 35 won't get you any more value than what Staal gave us last year. I personally rather sign Cizikas

I'd only be interested in him for a cheap 1 yr deal. We need someone who will replace Danault in the face off circle. Bozak can do that. Cizikas would be nice, but I doubt we can get him for cheap.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I'd only be interested in him for a cheap 1 yr deal. We need someone who will replace Danault in the face off circle. Bozak can do that. Cizikas would be nice, but I doubt we can get him for cheap.

I'm very curious what Cizikas would get. Difficult to guess on that one

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
It’s rumoured that Czikas is already signed, they just haven’t announced it yet, we’ll see:

I heard that rumor as well. The only thing that would make sense if if Lou has something else in the works and has to wait. Cizikas waiting? I respect the guy if that's the case. I know for a fact the Islanders don't want to loose him. He's very underrated. $2.5M for 6 years would be an interesting deal. Age 30-36. I'd offer him a 3 year deal higher than that AAV to make him think about it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad