Speculation: Which third line center (3C) would you prefer?

Which third line center (3C) would you prefer?

• Total voters

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I like Kadri.

He's crazy, can play a really good 200ft game, born a Habs fan, 31 and just the right age for a few good cheap years, he's crazy, not as good as Danault but far more offensive so it will be a wash, he's crazy, he can step into the 2C if Kk can't find his big boy pants, he's crazy.

So go ahead, find all the tomatoes and throw them .....:squint:

BTW....some of the list need kk to go back the other way., It makes absolutely no sense. You want someonoe around 30 so he can fill in for 3 years while Kk is finding his game. And Evans too. We need an older 3C to fill in for a year or three.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Depend on the money/contract/
Copp is cheap and would be fine
Dvorak best target for sure.
Cizikas on cheap term and short maybe
Kerfoot contract is shit
Tierney meh ufa next season , kind of player you wanna avoid to give too much money
Rask meh pass
Bozak a 1 year fix maybe
Schmaltz maybe
Strome noty

1000eeer

Jan 28, 2020
Quebec city
I like Kadri.

He's crazy, can play a really good 200ft game, born a Habs fan, 31 and just the right age for a few good cheap years, he's crazy, not as good as Danault but far more offensive so it will be a wash, he's crazy, he can step into the 2C if Kk can't find his big boy pants, he's crazy.

So go ahead, find all the tomatoes and throw them .....:squint:

I like Kadri too. A lot.

But Colorado can't trade him away.

They don't have anyone to play 2C if they loose Kadri

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I like Kadri too. A lot.

But Colorado can't trade him away.

They don't have anyone to play 2C if they loose Kadri

I know and since I'm not as smart as Bbinz, I would of signed and traded Danault for Kadri. Since we knew we would lose him, why not try to get someone else in the process. I'm pretty sure the Avs would trade Kadri for Danault.

Sam of Montreal

May 5, 2007
I know and since I'm not as smart as Bbinz, I would of signed and traded Danault for Kadri. Since we knew we would lose him, why not try to get someone else in the process. I'm pretty sure the Avs would trade Kadri for Danault.

Only missing part of your equation is that Danault needs to sign.

... And that players don't sign in order to be traded unless they agree with the destination.

Reactions: DAChampion

frenchcanayan

Jul 26, 2021

lol sign and trade… you know this is not ea sports right. Real people actually have to talk to each other before contracts are signed. Nobody is getting signed and trade lol ‍♂️

Reactions: TeacherMan

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

Why and what would you offer ($ if UFA, assets if not))?

Where are none of the above and Danault as options?

That list just shows why it's ok to pay a quality guy 5.5M to play the position.

Danault wasn't a typical 3c in that he could log big minutes shutting down the opposition's top offensive line.

canucklover123

Oct 22, 2013
Depend on the money/contract/
Copp is cheap and would be fine
Dvorak best target for sure.
Cizikas on cheap term and short maybe
Kerfoot contract is shit
Tierney meh ufa next season , kind of player you wanna avoid to give too much money
Rask meh pass
Bozak a 1 year fix maybe
Schmaltz maybe
Strome noty

Isn’t kerfoot on the back end of his contract at 3.5M? That isn’t terrible ?

Jul 6, 2016

Why and what would you offer ($ if UFA, assets if not))?

We have many guys who can play 3rd line center.... Not so much 2nd line center. get Hertl from SJ. That would solve the problem. OR Dubois from Winnipeg.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Anyone from that list except KK, Evans, Drouin, Perreault and Paquette.
Maybe Poehling could replace Danault but I doubt it.

Some C from outside is needed.

ML16

Aug 28, 2020
Montreal
Besides Andrew Copp and Christian Dvorak, none of other suggested centers seem like a worthwhile addition during the current offseason ; some might however become interesting around next TDL maybe?

Either one of Copp or Dvorak would indeed fill a preventive need for a more experienced center with good faceoffs abilities to share middle-6 duties with Kotkaniemi instead of Evans, who could then slide to the more appropriate 4C seat on a potential contender - although needless to say that adding a top-4 PMD would be another move required to even start thinking about considering the Habs as contender from the outset.

Dvorak is a known quantity cap-wise at 4,45M AAV for the next 4 years - very efficient; Arizona will not let him go unless the return package is good/great, but Montreal definitively has the means (Harris, Poehling, picks, ie.) to pull the trigger. If a bidding war for his acquisition occurs, the Habs should only be open to a slight overpayment if a move is already in place / has been made for the aforementioned top-4 PMD.

Copp filed for arbitration with the Jets this week after his last 2,28M AAV contract expired and his next one should more of less end up around the same AAV as Dvorak's. If re-signing Pionk - who also filed for arbitration this week - and bridging Stanley ends up taking a significant chunk of Winnipeg's remaining cap space, maybe Copp could then be a obtained for a much cheaper price than Dvorak. For instance, the Jets might be interested in a package centered around a more cost-efficient 3rd forward like Lekhonen at 2,3M AAV, especially since Copp seems to be mainly used on the wing in Winnipeg anyway with Dubois/Lowry already filling 2C/3C duties?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad