Which forwards are better than Draisaitl right now?

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
So you're saying there hasn't been tons of Leaf threads on how great/generational Matthews, Marner, Tavares, Nylander, Zaitzev, Rielly, Dubas, Sandin, Liljegren, Shanahan ect? Good to know your blinders are fully on.
These come and go. We've been having the same Draisaitl threads for 3 years now.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
So you're saying there hasn't been tons of Leaf threads on how great/generational Matthews, Marner, Tavares, Nylander, Zaitzev, Rielly, Dubas, Sandin, Liljegren, Shanahan ect? Good to know your blinders are fully on.
That is not what I said. Read again. I'm a little scared you hallucinated words. Also look at who starts the threads you are discussing if you think that gives you validation. You will find they are usually started by fans from the West, often Oiler fans. You will be hard pressed to find a main board "generational" topic started by a Leaf fan as well.

Big fail.

Reactions: Chompchompr

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Sure, I bet way more than the Matthews and his boy band threads.
Yes, way more. Matthews generally has maybe one active thread going at any time, with maybe a poll or two. Draisaitl has like three active threads just this past week + bumps. And at least Matthews is still generally underrated, unlike Draisaitl

SaltNPeca

Jan 9, 2017
Köln
Obviously everyone who chose Eichel also secretly think Matthews also but are too afraid to say it.

I think the a more important question is how many players could challenge RNH as 3rd best player in the league. I mean that's the direction Oiler fans are headed right?

Dra is a great top 10ish player. A shame you need him to be better than everyone to enjoy him.

Nah, most legit Oiler fans only care about winning a cup, then cups. Everything else is really smalltalk for us.

Don't really care if it's a Pisani-type guy getting points and recognition or the GOAT-type #99/97. The real buzz rn is on Bear and Yamomoto actually. Oil fans are super critical of Drai and worried RNH will be traded.

Pretty accustomed to being overlooked by media and other fan bases despite dynasties and great, if not GOAT, players.

McDavidCrushedLarkin

Jun 12, 2016
That is not what I said. Read again. I'm a little scared you hallucinated words. Also look at who starts the threads you are discussing if you think that gives you validation. You will find they are usually started by fans from the West, often Oiler fans. You will be hard pressed to find a main board "generational" topic started by a Leaf fan as well.

Big fail.

Wrong once again. We have plenty of main board & poll threads planning the parade route, look who scored his 1st goal and is now a top player, Matthews stick flip, Leaf player vs * threads written by Leaf fans. You're the one hallucinating if you think all the Leaf pumping threads are being started by Western Canadian hockey fans. Seems like you have issues with the West, should probably work on that.

Last edited:

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Kane is up there. Crosby and Ovechkin are not better.

MacKinnon, Eichel, Pastrnak, Panarin are probably in the same tier.

That's about it.

A top10 would probably consist of the following players:

McDavid, Draisaitl, MacKinnon, Eichel, Pastrnak, Panarin, Kane, Kucherov, Malkin. Not sure who the 10th guy would be, probably one of Ovechkin/Crosby/Marchand.

Reactions: Leon der Profi

McDavidCrushedLarkin

Jun 12, 2016
Yes, way more. Matthews generally has maybe one active thread going at any time, with maybe a poll or two. Draisaitl has like three active threads just this past week + bumps. And at least Matthews is still generally underrated, unlike Draisaitl

Matthews underrated? He's been one of the most overrated players since he scored 4 goals in his 1st game and became better than McDavid and Ovechkin. Leaf fans have been insufferable about shoving him down everyone's throat since that day. Draisaitl is leading the league in points, I think he deserves some attention. If Matthews was in that position, we'd have double the active threads and 20 more locks and merges a day for the mods to try and control it.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
McDavid.

even that's debatable right now. No one at the moment is better then him at finding open players and being in correct offensive positions to make plays.

HugginThePost

Flames Suck
Sponsor
Dec 28, 2006
Back to the Sweat Box
Nah, most legit Oiler fans only care about winning a cup, then cups. Everything else is really smalltalk for us.

Don't really care if it's a Pisani-type guy getting points and recognition or the GOAT-type #99/97. The real buzz rn is on Bear and Yamomoto actually. Oil fans are super critical of Drai and worried RNH will be traded.

Pretty accustomed to being overlooked by media and other fan bases despite dynasties and great, if not GOAT, players.

What???? You don't actually believe this do you??

How many years of "This is the Year" articles have we seen?

It's only escalated 10 fold since McDavid showed up.

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

Jot

Mar 10, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
These Guys for Sure
McDavid
MacKinnon
Malkin
Crosby

These Guys 50/50
Barkov
Ovechkin
Marchand
Kucherov

Maybe These Guys even though case is stronger for Draisaitl
P.Kane
Eichel
Matthews
Panarin
Pastrnak

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Nick Hansen

Sep 28, 2017
I agree, I'd rather Eichel than Draisaitl but I'll probably catch flak for that too.

Hard to say... Drai is a truly marvelous playmaker and I like how he uses his size to protect the puck. He's better around the boards. But Eichel is a better skater, has a better shot and I think he might be a little bit better at creating his own offense, if you get what I mean.

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
Hard to say... Drai is a truly marvelous playmaker and I like how he uses his size to protect the puck. He's better around the boards. But Eichel is a better skater, has a better shot and I think he might be a little bit better at creating his own offense, if you get what I mean.
Yeah. Drai is an incredible player. Definitely one of the best. For me, the lack of high end production away from McDavid is a draw on him, and I don't think he's helped by having a few really visible gaffes defensively that stuck in the memory.

Eichel is an engine. He just drives the whole team himself (not enough for how bad they are unfortunately). So skilled and so determined, and really just a complete player who makes everyone else better. Hope he demands a trade to Colorado :naughty:

boopronger

Aug 13, 2008
No one has said Eichel, yet he’s has gotten points in 31 of his last 35 games and like Panarin no one on his team is close to as good as him, but unlike Panarin is a center. (First few posts didn’t say him so I wasn’t going to read further until I wrote this)

almost all of his last ten goals could be in plays of the month, some year. He has improved in every area and leads a ton of other categories if not top five or ten in then too.

he literally just had a 17 game scoring steak then a 9 game steak and now he’s in a six game streak. And again no one on his team is there to help. Or even close offensively.

draisaitl is playing with the best player in the world as a winger. McDavid in his own gets multiple quality chances a period. Eichel has to literally start from his own end, skate past teams and then finish too. Leading the league in both transition and offensive possession at the same time is and was something. Not the first year that’s happened either.

it’s incredible how he’s not being named still by some posters, after the player he’s been in the last two years specifically, but really since the beginning of his second season.

McDavid obviously too.

mackinnon.

kucherov, Panarin, Kane, Crosby/Malkin and Pasta.

I could probably name a few others but it’s all a crapshoot, Drai is Damn good.

Easy to spot when someone doesn't watch the oilers

Nadal On Clay

Djokovic > Nadal > Federer
Oct 11, 2017
Draisaitl is being very underrated around here. The only forward I would take above him right now without a doubt is McDavid.

Hes in that 2nd group with MacKinnon, OV, Malkin, Crosby, Panarin, Pastrnak and Eichel

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Carrying their teams to what exactly?

View attachment 316911

Oh COME ON. Surely you have more hockey sense then that. I said Eichel and PAnarin carry their teams in the sense of carrying their teams Total offense by themselves not that they carry them to cups.

Panarin and Eichel are on the ice for like 30-35 percent of a game. Hockey is a team game, I don’t know if you’ve heard. Yet both guys play against the top opposition on every other team and dance around everybody making top d, and goalies look silly on a nightly basis.

posting the standings as some indication that said player doesent carry their teams is completely false. Even worse that a couple people actually clicked like so they don’t understand the concept of one player carrying a teams offense, one guy relied on for everything. It usually doesent go well for the teams. Those who clicked like are just happy those teams are where they are are. I assure you, and all three-four if you couldn’t grasp A simple concept.

That Hockey is a team game. You might learn that the more you watch. It’s like the people who said Matthews carried his team from dead last to the playoffs in his rookie season. This isn’t the NBA where your star player can bring you from losing to winning and is on most of the game so get out of here with that nonsense. Matthews 69 points helped his team bounce back in a major way and I’d also suggest Mitch marner William Nylander and Freddy andersen, a top starting goalie all added that same haSt with other pieces that were already there added up to a team that grabbed the old 8 seed. If people want to brag about that I could when buffalo added jack the sabres improved by over a dozen points, almost the exact same amount Toronto Improved without marner a starting goalie and Nylander. But why bother going there? It’s NOT How the game works.

this whole condemning a elite player on a bad team for their team sucking in the NHL has always been ridiculous. And petty. Usually used only when someone wants to knock said player because they can’t knock his skill or production. So knock the fact he hasn’t taken the team to the promise land. The best player in the world Has made the playoffs once and won one round. The two best scorers in the game, actually. Does that mean they don’t “carry” their teams either?

Last edited:

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
If we're talking about carrying offense, IPP is usually a good stat. It's the percentage of goals the player got a point on while he was on the ice.

Drai is at 81.3%. Kane(88%) and Malkin(84.3%) are the only top scorers that are higher.

Even more impressive when you consider he's been on the ice for the second most goals scored(one behind McDavid).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad