Utah team name polling opens, list of potential names revealed

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Utah Black Diamonds is my favorite on the list. Utah Bighorns is my favorite not on the list. Of the names that actually have a shot at winning, I’d prefer Utah Outlaws. But I know that kids really love the Utah Yetis concept. I don’t love it, but if the kids go crazy for it, that makes it worth it.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Might as well go wild. If they can go Kraken they can go Yeti.
When San Jose Sharks joined the league top 15 names for the team were (in alphabetical order):

• Blades
  • Breakers
  • Breeze
  • Condors
  • Fog
  • Gold
  • Golden Gaters
  • Golden Skaters
  • Grizzlies
  • Icebreakers
  • Knights
  • Redwoods
  • Sea Lions
  • Sharks
  • Waves

Even though it was 90s back then, I think most of those names would seem ok today.
Most of those are awful. lol

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
I like … here come your:
Utah Jacked Squirrels, playing out of the Non-dairy,Low carbon footprint beyond arena Center

DEVILS130

Aug 14, 2008
PA
I think Utah Hive is the most underrated name on the list. Best options are still probably Outlaws or Yeti though.

Some of these are ridiculous to even be options - Ice, Frost, Freeze, Blast :laugh:

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Or XFL 1.0 names
1715351643693.png

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I'm surprised there's not more attempts at alliteration or rhyming or something. Like a horrific attempt at using ChatGPT pairing up winter words and Utah attraction words.

Might as well go with something ridiculous like Utah Yules and let the imagination on the imagery go wild.

Yeti holding powder snow? It'd be made fun of as a coke yule.
Chant? Utah Yules Rules!

Or if it's not faux pas, maybe Utah Ullr? A Norse God associated with skiing and hunting.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
When San Jose Sharks joined the league top 15 names for the team were (in alphabetical order):

• Blades
  • Breakers
  • Breeze
  • Condors
  • Fog
  • Gold
  • Golden Gaters
  • Golden Skaters
  • Grizzlies
  • Icebreakers
  • Knights
  • Redwoods
  • Sea Lions
  • Sharks
  • Waves

Even though it was 90s back then, I think most of those names would seem ok today.
Seattle also similar with options like Evergreens, Emeralds, Totems, Steelheads, Sockeyes, Cougars, Eagles, Seals, Sea Lions, Rainiers, Firebirds, Whales, Renegades and Kraken.

Eagles - NFL team so no.
Cougars - WSU 2nd largest college in the state, so not a good idea
Rainiers - that's a AAA team in baseball I believe
Totems - not sure anything Indigenous related was a good idea, despite the history of the team in the area.
Renegades, no sure what in the state infers that.
The rest were options i could have seen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad