Which forwards are better than Draisaitl right now?

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
Theres probably 9-10 guys i take over him. Mcdavid, mackinnion, ovechkin, pastrnak, crosby, panarin, eichel, kucherov, kane. I take them 7 days a week over drai

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
MacKinnon is the best overall young forward in the game because he is the whole package.....offensively talented fast and PHYSICAL the whole package......true leader too..

Reactions: Lemonlimey

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
05D47992-E351-4D0D-8E5F-BAB922D72A27.png

Past 3 years scoring. So Kucherov scores more than Draisaitl. Analytics wise it’s the same story.

14F4B790-CEE7-4FB0-BFEB-097553092FF6.png

And it’s not only Kucherov who is better than him but I feel he is the one who gets most disrespected in threads like these since he has had a ”down year” where he is only on pace for a 100 points.

SaltNPeca

Jan 9, 2017
Köln
What???? You don't actually believe this do you??

How many years of "This is the Year" articles have we seen?

It's only escalated 10 fold since McDavid showed up.

Yes, I believe this.
Written by David Stapes or what are u talking about bruv? The 2 months after 2017 Playoffs when Vegas had Oilers as a Cup Champ favourite? Please send the most recent, not from Edmonton media.

I be watching Matthews and Marner in the nutcracker, the Nylander/Marner contract sagas, played out OV vs. Crosby talk, hearing about how great Kucherov was (last year lol), everything about the Bruins, Leafs, Caps, Lightning, and Pens, etc.
The closest to what you describe is like "Oilers are wasting McDavids talent", ""when does Connor request a trade", and so on. So it's more like "Is this the year McDavid comes to <insert team not the Oilers>"

Rumor: Connor McDavid demands trade out of Edmonton
If Connor McDavid gets traded, here are 3 potential destinations
https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl.../15/nashville-predators-price-connor-mcdavid/

and from Edmo-only media: More nonsense out of Toronto on Connor McDavid wanting out of Edmonton

KidLine93

May 15, 2012
If I had to pick today I would take these guys over him:

McDavid
MacKinnon
Eichel
Kane
Ovechkin
Pastranak
Panarin
Kucherov
Matthews
Crosby

Would think long and hard about these, so coin flip;

Huberdeau
Marchand
Stamkos
Rantanen
Scheifele
Pettersson
Barkov
Marner
Barzal
Malkin

I need to see him without McDavid to really push him up with the big boys.
But you don't need to see Pastrnak on a separate line from Marchand and Bergeron? Or Matthews away from Nylander/Marner/Tavares?, Or Rantanen away from Mackinnon/Landeskog. Or Barkov away from Huberdeau and Huberdeau away from Barkov?

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
But you don't need to see Pastrnak on a separate line from Marchand and Bergeron? Or Matthews away from Nylander/Marner/Tavares?, Or Rantanen away from Mackinnon/Landeskog. Or Barkov away from Huberdeau and Huberdeau away from Barkov?
You know damn well that dudes like him don't apply their bullshit to other players.

Mar 14, 2011
McDavid is the only guy who I'd comfortably pick over Drai right now. MacK, Sid and Kuch are in the same tier as him but the way Drai is just dominating the league this season, you could make a case of putting him (albeit slightly) over those 3 guys at the moment. Drai is just so noticeable whenever his on the ice and his numbers speaks for themselves.

Oilers kinda remind me of the young, pre-2010 Pens with their 2 dominant, top 3/5 NHL players, but instead of a capable supporting cast of forwards, their roster is instead filled with Tangradi level talent playing all over the lineup, even on their top 6, while the D is very mediocre outside of Klefbom.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Leon is a top 5 forward in the league hands down.

With McDavid out his Hart narrative is being written before our eyes.

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
I would probably take:

1. McDavid
2. Mackinnon

That's probably it. I need to watch him in isolation more but 130 point pace can't be ignored.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
We did see that. This current season. They were both injured for weeks/months and MacKinnon just kept producing with Calvert and Donskoi and other rotating parts.

MacKinnon is such a beast, MacK is probably the only player I’d take over Draisaitl besides McDavid.

Could you imagine rolling out McDavid and MacK on their own lines back to back if they were on the same team? RIP NHL.

Reactions: Mac Attack

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Drai vs Mackinnon is an interesting one. Drai will play at the higher level for a 20 game stretch, but then sprinkle in some dud games throughout the season (when hes lazy and not moving his feet). Mack seems to always play at a high level on a consistent basis

Basically Drai will play 20 games in a season at a higher level than McDavid (maybe highest level in the league). But 5 games in a season where hes a liability on the ice. The remaining games hes a top 5-7 forward level

Depends on what you your more comfortable with

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Theres probably 9-10 guys i take over him. Mcdavid, mackinnion, ovechkin, pastrnak, crosby, panarin, eichel, kucherov, kane. I take them 7 days a week over drai

9-10 players you’d take over Dr. Drai “7 days a week”?

Damn.

Reactions: Slicknitty

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
Still rather have MacKinnon imo.....
Took less on his last contract so his team can compete ...already said it again for next deal so he gets it that u need a team to win the cup......don't get me wrong these guys deserve to get paid but to win you need a lot of different parts and them paying McDavid that much so early has really hurt that team....than you have everything I said before and imo he is a natural leader and capable of carrying a team to a cup......if I had to pick I would take MacKinnon over any other forward in the league.....talented with a mean streak that's a good combo.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I'd probably have to see them together on a line first, just so that I could witness that magic

That’d be what HFOil refers to as “Ass Eatn Szn”.

Scots-Irish Canadians here to **** your day up. I’d hate to be a D man seeing those two storm up ice.

Crabapple

Jun 17, 2010
Edmonton
MacK is probably the only forward I would swap 1-for-1 for Draisaitl as he's playing right now. Kucherov is probably better but I still wouldn't make the swap. Eichel is on par with him as well. I feel like there's a bunch of player after McDavid, MacK, and Kucherov who can all be considered the #4 guy and there's a lot of movement there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad