Where in the world is Filip Zadina?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mphmiles

Jan 1, 2017
The obsession with Zadina is insane. So many stat watchers.
It's basically prospect/draft rubber-banding. Tons of fans said Ottawa was idiotic for taking Tkachuk over him, (And to a lesser extent, Hayton/Arizona) and it was probably the biggest talking point of the draft, but since Tkachuk has looked excellent, the microscope is fully on Zadina now.

Reactions: PuckLife

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI
Bull****.
I would suggest go and read !
If there is a chance to sign Stone, then sign him. He's a righty, still young kid and style of play fits team identity. Panarin would great, but idon't believe he wants come here. I predict he goes to Florida.

Zadina-Larkin-Stone
Athanasiou-Nielsen-Mantha
Bertuzzi-Rasmussen-Svechnikov/1st round pick 2019
Abdelkader-Glendening-Helm
De La Rose, Ehn

Cholowski-Green
DeKeyser-Hronek
Ericsson-Daley
Jensen

Howard
Bernier

And my response was
What in the name of god makes you think Zedina is any where close to playing on the first line the NHL? He will be lucky to get full time 1st line in the A next year.

But you are right it was bullshit! And that is just one of them that thinks/thought he was playing in the NHL this year.

Reactions: izlez

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
I would suggest go and read !
If there is a chance to sign Stone, then sign him. He's a righty, still young kid and style of play fits team identity. Panarin would great, but idon't believe he wants come here. I predict he goes to Florida.

Zadina-Larkin-Stone
Athanasiou-Nielsen-Mantha
Bertuzzi-Rasmussen-Svechnikov/1st round pick 2019
Abdelkader-Glendening-Helm
De La Rose, Ehn

Cholowski-Green
DeKeyser-Hronek
Ericsson-Daley
Jensen

Howard
Bernier

And my response was
What in the name of god makes you think Zedina is any where close to playing on the first line the NHL? He will be lucky to get full time 1st line in the A next year.

But you are right it was bull****! And that is just one of them that thinks/thought he was playing in the NHL this year.

My “bullshit” response to you was in response to you saying 9 out of 10 wings fans on the page thought he would be on the wings. I doubt there’s even 9 wings fans on the site who thought that. The general consensus was a few years in the AHL.

Braun

Apr 17, 2014
Montreal
My “bull****” response to you was in response to you saying 9 out of 10 wings fans on the page thought he would be on the wings. I doubt there’s even 9 wings fans on the site who thought that. The general consensus was a few years in the AHL.
Which is funny when you think that all the ''pro'' commentators were saying Dahlin, Svechnikov and Zadina were the most NHL ready. Got to take everything with a grain of salt.

24 others

Jan 30, 2017
Yeah but have you seen the points he’s gotten? A lot of them are rebound goals or not very pretty. He doesn’t really deserve any of them.
I understand you. It's always sad to see a player expelled from the league for scoring ugly goals. More so an 18 year old kid.

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI
My “bull****” response to you was in response to you saying 9 out of 10 wings fans on the page thought he would be on the wings. I doubt there’s even 9 wings fans on the site who thought that. The general consensus was a few years in the AHL.
You don't even want to go back and read the shit I took saying that in his draft thread then. was called all sorts of good stuff for saying he would be in the A for at least a year.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Those people never learn to give these kids time to develop.

My favorite hot take in this thread is his goals were lucky since they were rebounds. I mean that's one of Zadinas strengths. He's never been a flashy goal scorer (he has his moments) but the dudes bread and butter is either finding soft spaces to get his shot off or knowing where the puck will be going to pounce in for a rebound goal or a goal in a scrum.

I didn't want Zadina a whole lot as a Habs fan because we needed a C and also because if I'm picking a winger top 5 he has to be a game breaker in multiple facets. A guy who controls the play from the wing. But that doesn't take away from the fact that his hockey sense and wherewithal to find places to score goals is top notch and he's gonna be a consistent 30+ guy in the league.

Reactions: Go Wings

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
I believe he's mocking the genius in the Zadina thread that spent several pages trying to explain how Zadina's production was irrelevant because he scored points off lucky rebounds/deflections and **** ups by the opposing team.

As if every player doesn't get these kind of points...
That's MEE!

And that's opposed to his supporters where their only argument is "17 in 28 isn't so bad".
Sorry that doing anything on top of pure stat watching is frowned upon

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
My favorite hot take in this thread is his goals were lucky since they were rebounds. I mean that's one of Zadinas strengths. He's never been a flashy goal scorer (he has his moments) but the dudes bread and butter is either finding soft spaces to get his shot off or knowing where the puck will be going to pounce in for a rebound goal or a goal in a scrum.
For the record, those "hot takes" in this thread are sarcastically mocking my hot takes from his prospect thread.

When everyone's argument is "17 in 28 isn't so bad"?
I pointed out that he MISSED the wide open net on his rebound but got a lucky bounce.
Or that his teammates are going end to end with the puck, and he's picking up an assist.

He's advertised as a "skilled" player, and he's not showing that ability. If he becomes a net front guy that gets deflections and rebounds, great, but I don't think anyone is projecting that either

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
And if he was playing in the Q right now he would be the best player in the CHL and no one would be saying anything. Instead hes having a solid AHL rookie season. WJC is irrelevant to me. That whole Czech team was poorly coached and no one scored on that team. Plus Zadina was just returning from injury

Relax, hes progressing fine

Same thing happened with Alex Nylander when he was in the AHL as a teenager. Obviously a player is a bust if they can't produce the same gaudy stats as their peers while playing against far superior competition.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Well you can't pick up, you kind of have to keep to your plan.
What was Detroit's plan entering the draft? Defensemen.

They're mocking you. Referring to concern that players picked ahead of Zadina are outperforming him is meaningless. That would be expected.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Yeah but have you seen the points he’s gotten? A lot of them are rebound goals or not very pretty. He doesn’t really deserve any of them.

I'll take rebound goals, or "not pretty goals" over no goals. He's on pace for a 50 point rookie season which is exceptional considering he's just a 19 year old rookie.

OP, this is a really awful thread.

Reactions: Oddbob

Mac2Rants

Sep 25, 2017
NS
HES 19!! ppl also, OP he was not ppg in ahl. his#s aint bad but -13 is a little telling atm.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
For some reference, here is the some of the similar players drafted around where Zadina was drafted and how they did in their D+1 year. They turned out pretty alright.

NameDraft positionPoints in D+1 (AHL or equivalent)Points in D+1 (NHL)
Filip Zadina6th 201817 in 28 games
Mika Zibanejad6th 201111 in 23 games20 in 42 games
Filip Forsberg11th 201233 in 38 games1 in 5 games
Sean Monahan6th 201334 in 75 games (NHL)
William Nylander8th 201452 in 58 games
Pavel Zacha6th 20153 in 3 games2 in 1 game
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Reactions: Oddbob
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad