Where in the world is Filip Zadina?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
The Detroit Red Wings' 6th overall pick in last year's draft has seemed to have hit a snag.

With 8 goals and 9 assists for a combined total of 17 points in 28 games and an abysmal +/- of -13, Zadina has hit a mid-season slump from what was a point-per-game stint before WJC.

Speaking of WJ's, Zadina, while playing for Czech, averaged just 2 assists in the whole tourney.

Should we be worried, given that the prospects picked ahead of him (apart from Hayton) have had an astounding start?
There should be some slack given to kids who are jumping up a level. He went from the Q to the AHL while other guys stayed in the CHL. Big difference between a rookie 18 year old in the A and a 3rd year 18 year old in the CHL.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
I don't know how Zadina will do but I'm pretty sure Hughes will be a star, seems like an ideal modern defenseman and he was right in their backyard.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
17 in 28 games as a 18/19 year old on what I believe isn't a very good team is still good.

His lack of production in the world juniors is a bit concerning, but whether you play well, or not, doesn't define how successful your hockey career will be.

Seems like he's fine at this point.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
The Detroit Red Wings' 6th overall pick in last year's draft has seemed to have hit a snag.

With 8 goals and 9 assists for a combined total of 17 points in 28 games and an abysmal +/- of -13, Zadina has hit a mid-season slump from what was a point-per-game stint before WJC.

Speaking of WJ's, Zadina, while playing for Czech, averaged just 2 assists in the whole tourney.

Should we be worried, given that the prospects picked ahead of him (apart from Hayton) have had an astounding start?

He's fine! First year in pro hockey on not an amazing team. Kid is 19, how about we give him more than 28 pro games, geez louise!

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Saekk

Jul 25, 2017
What's wrong with his production? As a 18 year old kid that's pretty good.

Also please don't use +/- as some meaningful statline.

E: He's been 19 for like 1.5 months, eh.

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
First of all, you're posting this on the wrong forum, Zadina is a prospect and there's a prospect section on the site where there's a specific Zadina thread that all of this could have been written in

Second of all, his AHL production is actually good for an 18 year old (He just turned 19 back in Nov). You have to keep in mind that this is an adjustment for him, and not many kids jump to the AHL right after draft, so he's somewhat in a unique position compared to his peers.

Finally, the WJC does't mean much, it's a very small sample size and players not doing well there does't predict anything.

Reactions: The Flying Octopus

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI
Lol, 9 out of 10 Wings fans on this page thought he was going to play first line this year on the Wings. We have people slotting him on Larkin's wing next year now. No he was not good enough to make the team this year, he wont be next year either! He needs more time to grow and I really really want to see him and Veleno play together in a GR. He will be fine I just don't see him as ever being a top 3 pick.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
How the f*** did I completely forget about him while watching multiple Wings games the past weeks...

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018

Hayton is having a killer season.

Reactions: Admiral Swedge

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
17 points in 28 games in the second best mens hockey league in the world as a 18 year old? I'm not worried about his career

Reactions: 21 Savage
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad