Where do you live?

Where do you live?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Yes - I was out of the house by 18 myself..... I have 2 girls as HS sophomores and 1 girl in middle school.

I don't think they've thought about college and being out of the house, which means I haven't given much thought about empty nest. I sure wouldn't miss the drama sometimes.

This isn't PC, but I have 2 boys 1 girl, little drama. You have 3 girls ...

Reactions: Carltons Cup

Subway Schenn

Jun 24, 2018
London, UK
Out of curiosity, are you for the CANZUK agreement?

I think it's a pipe dream, difficult to see as more than Edwardian fantasy given the impracticalities.

I have EU citizenship though ancestry which is my basis for being allowed to work here (for now!).

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Wales, UK.

Worked in Toronto for a few months in 2011 - loved the place and everything that comes with it ever since.
I apparently have a bit of Welsh in my background, along with English, Scottish, and Irish. It's one of the top places on my list of travel destinations.

Spargon

May 31, 2019
Born in London Ontario and moved to K-W when I was 8 and lived here for 30+ years now

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Grew up in a house that backed onto the Dufferin Racetrack, which became the Dufferin Plaza, then Mall. My grandfather built the house 113 years ago, and my brother still lives there.

West end Toronto all my life.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Not as difficult as you think of course assuming your financials are in order, offer to live out east where I am and I truly doubt they say no...we need people lol
It can certainly be difficult if you don't have a really in-demand skill or aren't gonna marry someone who lives in your destination country. I've toyed with the idea of moving to the US pre-covid (I'm young, single, and my industry pays so much better there than here... no way I would retire there, though) and have struggled to find interviews there while I don't have much of a problem getting interviews here. And I work in an industry that's always in-demand (software) and am Canadian, which are two strong points in my favor.

In my experience, it certainly gets worse outside of big cities for employment immigration - they aren't sadly beaming with job opportunities.

Reactions: JayfromNB1219

Optimist

Wendel and I
Feb 16, 2015
Ontario Canada
Thunder Bay since birth. Played midget hockey against Trevor Johansen and slowpitch against Walt Poddubny back in the day. Walt could hit that ball a freaking mile!

Reactions: moon111

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3