Where do you live?

Where do you live?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cobra777

Jun 26, 2018
Wasaga Beach
Born Toronto St Mikes Hospital, Grew up in Kleinburg Ont so I knew many of the Woodbridge guys lol, Lived in Brampton for a few yrs. and moved up to Wasaga Beach 2005 present. Was awesome to see a fellow fan from Budapest Hungary as half family is of Hungarian decent. Really nice thread from the OP cheers to everyone

Reactions: hockeywiz542

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Grew up in East York / Scarborough West.

Moved to Ottawa for school in 1989 and ended up staying. Ottawa has a weird obsession with the Leafs and their fans.
friggin don't they!

I live west of Ottawa about 30 mins from CT Place originally from Southern On, went to school in BC and ended up in Ottawa over 30 years ago. I had a long career with the civil service. I had to medically retire just over a year ago, which was 7 months before my targeted retirement date. Golden Years my arse:laugh:

We're thinking of the Sooke Basin as our final landing spot in a year or two!

Last edited:

Westlander

the olden time
Aug 31, 2004
The Netherlands
how would you rank those 5 cities/places from 1 to 5

For my personal situation I like where I am now.:)

I wouldn't rate the other places 1-5 since it depends on the lifestyle you want. A few notes though;

The Hague - I like the European lifestyle, culture, ease of travel, work-life balance

Eastern Townships - Probably the prettiest place I've lived (though Cape Breton might be as nice, but I only lived there as a very small child so didn't appreciate it) nice skiing

Kingston - City with decent amenities, but small enough to avoid the problems of large urban centres, nice mid-point between Toronto/Montreal/Ottawa and beautiful lake country to the north. If I were independently wealthy I might choose to live there, near the waterfront.

Southern Ontario - The region feels like home to me in some ways, but I wouldn't move back to where I was living which was a small farming town with a population of about 1,000, so pretty dull.

Ottawa - Big city but not too big, could live there happily as well.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
friggin don't they!

I live west of Ottawa about 30 mins from CT Place originally from Southern On, went to school in BC and ended up in Ottawa over 30 years ago. I had a long career with the civil service. I had to medically retire just over a year ago, which was 7 months before my targeted retirement date. Golden Years my arse:laugh:

We're thinking of the Sooke Basin as our final landing spot in a year or two!

Enjoy retirement my friend, you've earned it. I'm still about 14 years out. (Not wishing my life away though LOL) :)

Reactions: therealkoho

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Born Toronto St Mikes Hospital, Grew up in Kleinburg Ont so I knew many of the Woodbridge guys lol, Lived in Brampton for a few yrs. and moved up to Wasaga Beach 2005 present. Was awesome to see a fellow fan from Budapest Hungary as half family is of Hungarian decent. Really nice thread from the OP cheers to everyone
have you read this book by any chance? Might find it interesting................

51T4V4JY91L._SX321_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga
Ottawa - Big city but not too big, could live there happily as well.
I'm originally from Ottawa. The city has really improved over the last 20 years. I had such a great time there this past summer. If Ottawa had an arena in Lebreton flats and was a bit warmer, it would probably be the best place to live in Canada, overall. Those damn winters though.

Reactions: therealkoho

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad