OT: Whatcha Playin? 4.0

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Apex looks good, but I just can't hang on PVP games like I used to. I'm gettin' too old for this ****.
It’s fun, but the problem with Battle Royale games is i suck at online shooters and usually wind up dying early and watching my teammates run around a lot.

In Battlefield or Destiny I’ll respawn in ten second and get to play again. Not so much with Apex.

TheBigKahuna

Dec 6, 2010
Canes Country
I've tried Fortnight. Lasted about a minute. I've watched my son play it tons. Doesn't appeal to me. I'm not a PvP fan by any means. I have PuBG but don't play it either. It came free with my One X. RDR2 looks interesting to me. Over the years the franchises that stole more hours from me than anything, were Destiny, Elder Scrolls, and Fallout and Borderlands, followed by Forza. But the new Fallout loooks like a disaster.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
I've tried Fortnight. Lasted about a minute. I've watched my son play it tons. Doesn't appeal to me. I'm not a PvP fan by any means. I have PuBG but don't play it either. It came free with my One X. RDR2 looks interesting to me.
Yeah, same here. I can remember back in college anxiously waiting for network speeds and PCs that would allow me and my friends to play certain games together. Now, I’m looking more for the long, story driven game.

TheBigKahuna

Dec 6, 2010
Canes Country
Yeah, same here. I can remember back in college anxiously waiting for network speeds and PCs that would allow me and my friends to play certain games together. Now, I’m looking more for the long, story driven game.
Yeah, I'm now sitting on 100mbps level net speeds, and have veey little desire to play PvP stuff. Back when I was on the DSL strugglebus, I wanted to play them more.

SaskCanesFan

Feb 27, 2015
I've never been able to get into the battle royale thing either. I used to be a pretty big online shooter guy with COD and Halo, but don't have the patience or the skill anymore to play something I can't quickly respawn in.

I've tried Fortnight. Lasted about a minute. I've watched my son play it tons. Doesn't appeal to me. I'm not a PvP fan by any means. I have PuBG but don't play it either. It came free with my One X. RDR2 looks interesting to me. Over the years the franchises that stole more hours from me than anything, were Destiny, Elder Scrolls, and Fallout and Borderlands, followed by Forza. But the new Fallout loooks like a disaster.

I'm pretty excited by the Outer Worlds. If it delivers I'll be referring to it as "the new Fallout" instead of that disaster from the fall.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
So I re-downloaded Goat Simulator for Android, and then I had to go and buy Goat MMO Simulator too when I saw you can play with a Swedish Christmas julbock.

Apparentry you can set things on fire with it, appropriately.

Björn Hayterr is my favorite NPC.

Reactions: Unsustainable

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014

I was huge into GranTurismo back in the day. Wife got me a Logitech g920 racing wheel for Christmas @ half off and I've been playing Forza7 and Horizon 4. Wheel and pedal setup makes it wayyyyy more enjoyable.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014

My reflexes are terrible as is my aim. Shooters have lost their fun and sadly rts requiring 200+ apm.

I did pickup total war Warhammer 2 but haven't played much. Tried Civ 6 but lose focus. Feels like so little happens every turn.

I do have Grim Dawn and that is fun. Wish I liked PoE more as a new season started but I don't like how there seems little experimentation and more need to follow a guide someone else wrote.

Lucky Lindy

Jun 24, 2012
Stockholm
Playing EHM with Sudbury Wolves in the OHL (with new Canes-prospect Blake Murray!) and look who my new coach is!

NeNkKpK.png

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Our family has been obsessed with a board game called Clank! In! Space! lately. It's a very accessible deck builder that has a ton of replayability (modular board, deep deck of potential cards). We've played ~20 times already and have no plans to stop. 2 expansion packs as well. Also a very good intro for non-nerds into nerdy games.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stickpucker

SaskCanesFan

Feb 27, 2015
The Outer Worlds. I've barely stared but the world is so dense with things to do that I'm playing instead of sleeping. I haven't been this engrossed in a game since starting Fallout 3, which kind of makes sense

Reactions: MinJerkBen

MustardStew

Lurking Lurker
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2003
Hillsborough, NC
The Outer Worlds. I've barely stared but the world is so dense with things to do that I'm playing instead of sleeping. I haven't been this engrossed in a game since starting Fallout 3, which kind of makes sense

QFT. I'm finally getting the hang of the weapon/armor mod setup. Still haven't really figured out how to really use time dilation, but... yes, my avg hours of sleep per night is way down.

Reactions: MinJerkBen

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm

QFT. I'm finally getting the hang of the weapon/armor mod setup. Still haven't really figured out how to really use time dilation, but... yes, my avg hours of sleep per night is way down.
Same. The NPCs are really well done.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad