OT: Whatcha Playin? 4.0

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Decided to finally pull the trigger on Slay The Spire after months of having it on my steam wishlist. Hands down the most addicted and engaged I’ve been with a video game in a long time. I’m not even into games with deck building mechanics but something about it draws me in. Great game

Even better is that it's got a solid modding community. Once you get bored with the main 3 characters, and seeing the same relics/events over and over again, Google "Mod the Spire".

Takes a great game and makes it so much better.

TheBigKahuna

Dec 6, 2010
Canes Country
Do you have the last update? I stopped playing sometime between the current update and the one before as it just became a mining slogfest.
Yes, its updated. Still lots of mining early.

I'll occasionally mine a ton of carbon, as it's about the only one you can't buy. I buy everything else. I do tire of the go here, then go there, then go back here stuff. I've spent the last several days searching for an S class 48/8 hauler. Absolutely no luck at all. I have an A class, but hate the design. Already have all 4 exotic ship types.

Last edited:

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
I'm playing War of Rights for the PC. Its a first person shooter, set in the Civil War. Yes, you heard that correctly. Yes, it takes like 20 seconds to reload the musket after each shot. The maps are all the little engagments from the battle of Antietam.

While this may sound excruciating to some, it is awesome. Your team is penalized heavily if you run off and Rambo if, and no score is kept for kills- it is just win or lose. You get no feedback from shots if you hit or not (just like real life) .Officers and NCOs use voice chat to command units, and they draw lines on the field for the unit to line up on and manuver around. There are also bayonet charges of course.

The game is still in development so there are glitches and they have yet to add artillery and Cavalry, but this is an incredibly fun game if you are into war.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Enjoying it?

I think that'll be my next purchase, but I'm trying to find ways to budget better and realized I've got hundreds of $ in games I bought new and never touched, so I'm not really letting myself buy any new releases until I get through the backlog I already have.
I loved it. I’m still loving it really, I’m still not done. There’s so much to do, and the story is damn good, as per usual with Rockstar.

I’ve also been playing a bit of Destiny 2, Battlefield V, and a whole lot of Rome 2 Total War.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
Enjoying it?

I think that'll be my next purchase, but I'm trying to find ways to budget better and realized I've got hundreds of $ in games I bought new and never touched, so I'm not really letting myself buy any new releases until I get through the backlog I already have.

Yeah, I never played the first but it's been solid. Unfortunately I'm officially old as it pertains to video games, so I only get a couple of hours a week (at best) to play, but there is so much to do so it's easy to just hop in and f*** around for a bit here and there.

StiffSquid

Nov 17, 2016
North Carolina
Just about to finish Dark Souls 2 scholar of the first sin. Going through the games in reverse order lol , I started with DS 3. Also been playing some Salt and Sanctuary and Ghost Recon Wildlands. I wish they would remaster the original Ghost Recon , that game is awesome

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad