OT: Whatcha Playin? 4.0

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
What are these things you speak of...friends?
friendscast.0.0.1429818191.jpg

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Yesterday was Skyrim's 9th birthday. Though it's become somewhat of a meme nowadays, I still remember going to the midnight release to buy it, and the absolute chills I got when I first stepped out of the tutorial cave.

Climbed on a rock, looked at the virtual sun in the distance and realized just how big the game was.

Still not my favorite Elder Scrolls game (that belongs to Morrowind), but probably the one I've put the most hours into.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Yesterday was Skyrim's 9th birthday. Though it's become somewhat of a meme nowadays, I still remember going to the midnight release to buy it, and the absolute chills I got when I first stepped out of the tutorial cave.

Climbed on a rock, looked at the virtual sun in the distance and realized just how big the game was.

Still not my favorite Elder Scrolls game (that belongs to Morrowind), but probably the one I've put the most hours into.
"I'm sworn to carry your burdens."

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA

It's the only Elder Scrolls game I've ever played. I'm a casual gamer but really dive into something once or twice a year. Skyrim has been that game about 4 times since it came out. And as a casual gamer, I almost always accidentally end up with the same build (sneaky archer), but damnit if it's not a blast.

First time beating the actual main storyline was this last playthrough a year ago, too. Previously 3 times I still felt fully accomplished and not cheated out of a game even though I never bothered actually beating it. Main storyline isn't even in the top 5 of the most fun, either.

Couldn't tell you whether I prefer Skyrim or BOTW (only one playthrough, but just as great in many, similar ways), but both will be games I consistently revisit every few years, I would think.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
morrowind best elder scrolls game crew, assemble
Present. The graphics suck, but the art direction is fabulous. The combat is a weird mishmash of dice rolls and real time, but once you figure it out you're a cat devouring mice. Being able to make a spell that will nuke an entire town is amazing. You could levitate, teleport, explore, get your ass kicked, then go back and ENACT VENGEANCE. Oblivion and Skyrim may be easier to pick up and play, but Morrowind has soul goddammit.

And I realize election talk is frowned upon, but I feel like this is far enough removed to be allowed.

shr9epu9p6y51.png

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Present. The graphics suck, but the art direction is fabulous. The combat is a weird mishmash of dice rolls and real time, but once you figure it out you're a cat devouring mice. Being able to make a spell that will nuke an entire town is amazing. You could levitate, teleport, explore, get your ass kicked, then go back and ENACT VENGEANCE. Oblivion and Skyrim may be easier to pick up and play, but Morrowind has soul goddammit.

And I realize election talk is frowned upon, but I feel like this is far enough removed to be allowed.

shr9epu9p6y51.png

*Gets insulted by random NPC*
Console command: TGM
*Create giant AOE spell that costs ungodly amounts of Mana*
*Save game*
*Proceed to overreact to insult*
"With this character's death, the thread of prophecy is severed."

Surrounded By Ahos

Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
"With this character's death, the thread of prophecy is severed."
And the best part about this was there was still a way to beat the main quest if you killed the wrong person/god. It was difficult and arcane, but it was possible. Now we just have certain NPCs that are literally unable to die. It's silly.

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I mean, the main quest was long and tedious anyway, so severing the prophecy wasn't a big deal anyway.

It's been a bit since I've played Morrowind, but it always started the same. Get off the boat, steal everything in the census office, loot the hidden stash after returning the ring, head to Balmora, go out a bit to find the lost mine, become rich as hell, then mess around in either DLC because both were excellent.

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
If any of you have time for it, I highly recommend getting Horizon Zero Dawn.

Contains - ROBOTIC PREHISTORIC MONSTERS, resource system that doesn't drag you down, a wide array of ways to fight, likable redhead protagonist, ROBOTIC PREHISTORIC MONSTERS, a beautiful gameworld and good stealth mechanics.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
If any of you have time for it, I highly recommend getting Horizon Zero Dawn.

Contains - ROBOTIC PREHISTORIC MONSTERS, resource system that doesn't drag you down, a wide array of ways to fight, likable redhead protagonist, ROBOTIC PREHISTORIC MONSTERS, a beautiful gameworld and good stealth mechanics.
Just started this a few nights ago. Only played about an hour so far, but seems intriguing.

Surrounded By Ahos

Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
I really enjoyed Horizon Zero Dawn. The name sucks, but the game is awesome. One of the few games I've bothered getting the Platinum trophy.

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
Just started this a few nights ago. Only played about an hour so far, but seems intriguing.
Really good game. Finished it with one thing away from 100% completion (not counting little plot collectibles that don't affect gameplay).

That one quest was probably the only thing I didn't like in the entire game. Frustration with Fireclaws and Scorcher (DLC enemies) ceased after I figured them out (still hate those fu^kers though)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad