OT: Whatcha Playin? 4.0

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I loved playing Baldur's Gate as a kid. Never did beat it though.

Apparently the new one has split-screen co-op, which is neat to hear. That's a rarity nowadays.
I mean the original is pretty damn tough all things considered. I'm doing a run of the enhanced edition of both 1 and 2 before trying my hand at 3, though it's going to take quite a while to complete.

Starfield in an hour and a half. I am always a good guy in games with morality so I can’t wait to try my hand at being the biggest dick in the universe. In addition, I’m going to be king of the pirates! *puts on straw hat*
I mean, one of these could also suffice
item_77311_1.jpg

Reactions: Bub and MustardStew

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
I mean the original is pretty damn tough all things considered. I'm doing a run of the enhanced edition of both 1 and 2 before trying my hand at 3, though it's going to take quite a while to complete.
Hell yeah it is. I remember giving it another try maybe 5-6 years ago. Things were going great up until I had half my party get petrified somehow. I ragequit and never picked it back up. It's always been in the back of my mind to give it another go, especially with 3 coming out. I'll probably grab it when it goes on a big sale.

But for now, Starfield is going to be eating up all of my gaming time. I haven't been this hyped for a game since Skyrim.

Reactions: DaveG

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
Biomutant, got it on sale for 15 bucks. Not very old just for whatever reason it got over looked. Its a pretty damn good game though

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
Hell yeah it is. I remember giving it another try maybe 5-6 years ago. Things were going great up until I had half my party get petrified somehow. I ragequit and never picked it back up. It's always been in the back of my mind to give it another go, especially with 3 coming out. I'll probably grab it when it goes on a big sale.

But for now, Starfield is going to be eating up all of my gaming time. I haven't been this hyped for a game since Skyrim.

I caught the Starfield bug myself. Wasn't hooked at first but now I'm having trouble putting it down. Gonna need to step back before I find myself divorced and unemployed. :laugh:

This is my first Bethesda game, and yeah they certainly know how to grab you.

Surrounded By Ahos

Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
I caught the Starfield bug myself. Wasn't hooked at first but now I'm having trouble putting it down. Gonna need to step back before I find myself divorced and unemployed. :laugh:

This is my first Bethesda game, and yeah they certainly know how to grab you.
I’ve been a Bethesda fanboy since morrowind , which is still my favorite game of all time, and I grew up reading authors like Asimov, Bradbury, Heinlein, and Frank Herbert, so Starfield is like the perfect game for me. I’ve put an embarrassing amount of time in already. 20+ hours last I checked.

I just keep running into the same problem I run into in all Bethesda games (and rpgs, really), where I pick up something I don’t need right now, but could be useful in the future, then eventually my inventory is full of underleveled weapons, potatoes, and rocks.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
I’ve been a Bethesda fanboy since morrowind , which is still my favorite game of all time, and I grew up reading authors like Asimov, Bradbury, Heinlein, and Frank Herbert, so Starfield is like the perfect game for me. I’ve put an embarrassing amount of time in already. 20+ hours last I checked.

I just keep running into the same problem I run into in all Bethesda games (and rpgs, really), where I pick up something I don’t need right now, but could be useful in the future, then eventually my inventory is full of underleveled weapons, potatoes, and rocks.
Are potatoes like cheese in the Elder Scrolls games....magic cures for wounds?

Reactions: The Faulker 27

Bunch of Jurcos

The poster formally known as Hedley
Feb 24, 2016
I feel like the Ryujin Industries questline on Neon was written just for me. It's sooooo good! Thank god I invested in stealth and lockpicking heavy.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho

Oh I've got that beat by probably 10 hours. I started playing it last friday though. Still, embarrassing yes.

I've got so much shit that I need to get rid of, but instead of actually doing that I started the Free Ranger quest line so I can get a bigger ship.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I have always been intrigued with space and games in space. Dead Space is probably one of my all time favorites and the remake from this year is excellent. I've never been able to get into Bethesda games before, I struggled to get hooked with Fallout 4 and Obsidian's The Outer Worlds, with its similar style, never quite grabbed my attention. But the previews and some of the gameplay I've seen on YT of Starfield... Yeah.

I hadn't had the chance to play it, yet. That changes right after work today.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

Surrounded By Ahos

Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Are potatoes like cheese in the Elder Scrolls games....magic cures for wounds?
Yeah, they heal like 3 health or something. You can also use them to cook meals which heal more, but I always forget to do that.

Oh I've got that beat by probably 10 hours. I started playing it last friday though. Still, embarrassing yes.

I've got so much shit that I need to get rid of, but instead of actually doing that I started the Free Ranger quest line so I can get a bigger ship.
I did a certain quest line that winds up rewarding you with 250,000 credits at the end and immediately went to the spaceport and pimped out my ship. Mostly just adding more cargo space lol. Then bigger engines to compensate for all the extra mass.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
BG3 is just too good. Even though it drains the battery life of my Steam deck like no other, I'm still having way too much fun. ...Just in 1 1/2 hour spurts.

Just to follow it up after I beat the game. Still a masterpiece. Even better because it seems like every crazy thing you can think of, the developers have also thought of and put some kind of response to it.

For instance, around the midpoint of the main story, you come across a necromancer. You can fight him or help him out, but during one of the dialogue trees, you can ask about his mother and he mentions he keeps her in a jar on a nearby shelf. Could have easily been a throwaway line leading to nothing, just a quick quip relating to necromancy.

But if you know that dialogue option is there, you can steal the jar off the shelf before talking to him. Then when he mentions his mother is on the shelf, you can respond "Actually, I've got your mother." And if you refuse to return her, he calls you a "mother thief" and starts combat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad